• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

96. Gal Deco Help

Toasty_Rico

Inkling
NNID
Rico546209
So guys I need help with my 96. Gal Deco. I dunno what gear to use and it's one of my favorite weapons to use. I was thinking of having some swim speed ups for the Kraken and some damage up because of the damage nerf it got. Any thoughts on what I need to change?

Attachments

Ironic

Inkling
The two things you mentioned are good, and important, but I would also recommend either 'ink saver main' or 'ink saver sub'. Using these makes it so that you can fire for longer after laying down a splash wall, which can really help. (I would also double recommend 'ink saver main' because of how ink hungry it is) Also I think that having a bit of 'special charge up' and 'special duration up' is good because of the kraken, and bad turf coverage. Finally the last thing I would recommend is ink resist up because of the distance that it plays. (credit goes to a combination of my own build and "Chuggaaconroy" a Youtuber who is doing an informative let's play of Splatoon, using every weapon)

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
My ideal build for a .96 deco is some damage like you have because defense up can seriously get out of here. But I would focus more on the special with the ability Tenacity. Tenacity is a really great ability for defensive weapons who don't cover extremely well, so I'd focus on that. If you die a bit too often, Special Saver could help, because Heavy Depletion is terrible. Still, Ink Saver main is something this weapon should always have, either that or ink saver sub.

So, my Ideal build would be Tenacity with 3 subs of Damage, A main of Ink Saver Main with 3 Subs of Damage, and A main of Duration up with 3 subs of speed or 3 subs of main saver to help be on your way.

I hope this Helped, mind you I don't play .96, but I think this would suit the weapon's strengths well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom