• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Complete Splatoon Weapons Tier List! (WIP)

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720

The following tier lists are assessed by two main factors:

1.) Comparability -- How a weapon performs in a given mode compared to others.
2.) Ability to play the Objective -- How well a weapon, with it's given class and set, can win a game mode.
(*)
Denotes weapons that were released as apart of Sheldon's Picks, Volume 1
(**) Denotes weapons that were released as apart of Sheldon's Picks, Volume 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TURF WARS TIER LIST (WIP)

Main Objective: Covering turf
Notable Subs/Specials: (Any) Bomb, (Any) Bomb Rush, Inkstrike
These weapons are the best of the best- they have inkredible versatility and high compensation (they require little to no support):

•Aerospray RG
•Aerospray MG
•Aerospray PG
•Tentatek Splattershot
•Octoshot Replica
Weapons that may have a fault or two, but most definitely out-shine most of the other weapons:

•Wasabi Splattershot*
•N-Zap ‘89
•Custom Dual Squelcher
•.52 Gal
•.96 Gal Deco
•Kelp Splatterscope
•Splatterscope
•E-Liter 3K Scope
•Krak-On Splat Roller
•CoroCoro Splat Roller
•Berry Splattershot Pro*
•Permanent Inkbrush*
Weapons that have a fair amount of positive traits, and only a few noticeable flaws to go with them:

•Splash-O-Matic
•Dual Squelcher
•.52 Gal Deco
•.96 Gal
•Forge Splattershot Pro
•Splattershot Pro
•Luna Blaster
•Inkbrush
•Bento Splatterscope
•E-Liter 3K
•Slosher
•Soda Slosher
•Heavy Splatling
•Heavy Splatling Remix
•Neo Luna Blaster
•Zink Mini Splatling
Weapons that have an overall fair amount of positive traits, but do have a few or several flaws that holds them back from higher tiers:

•Splattershot Jr.
•Neo Splash-O-Matic
•N-Zap ‘85
•N-Zap ‘83**
•Splat Roller
•Hero Roller Replica
•Octobrush
•Classic Squiffer
•New Squiffer
•Fresh Squiffer
•Hero Charger Replica
•Dynamo Roller
•Gold Dynamo Roller
•Heavy Splatling Deco
•Mini Splatling
•Hydra Splatling
•Custom Hydra Splatling
Weapons that serve interesting niches that may overshadow other weapons, but don't quite have the versatility to outclass higher tiered weapons:

•Splattershot
•Custom Splattershot Jr.
•Hero Shot Replica
•L-3 Nozzlenose
•L-3 Nozzlenose D
•Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose
•Blaster
•Custom Blaster
•Carbon Roller
•Carbon Roller Deco
•Tri Slosher
•Sloshing Machine
•Slosher Deco
•Refurbished Mini Splatling
•Sploosh-o-Matic 7**
Weapons that are hard to really redeem worthiness for compared to similar weapons that simply outclass them, although you could still work with them:

•Rapid Blaster
•Rapid Blaster Deco
•Grim Range Blaster
•Range Blaster
•Jet Squelcher
•Custom Jet Squelcher
•Inkbrush Nouveau
•H-3 Nozzlenose
•Sploosh-o-Matic
•Neo Sploosh-o-Matic
•Tri Slosher Nouveau
•Neo Sloshing Machine
•Splat Charger
•Bento Splat Charger
•Bamboozler 14 MK III*
These Weapons are on the edge of ‘Eh’ and ‘Ew’:
•Custom E-Liter 3K
•Kelp Splat Charger
•H-3 Nozzlenose D
These weapons just plain suck compared to the others ;-;
•Bamboozler 14 MK I
•Bamboozler 14 MK II
Hopefully we wouldn’t have any weapons of this tier, because that would mean that Nintendo is doing something wrong…:

•None, thank goodness...
Near-to-none weapons should EVER be down at this rank, no matter what… and if they do end up here? GOD BLESS THEM AND HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOULS XD:

•THANK OUR LORD AND SAVIORS ARCEUS, HELIX AND PEEKO NO WEAPON IS IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN TIER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

SPLAT ZONES TIER LIST (WIP)
Main Objective: Covering and maintaining the zones
Notable Subs/Specials: Sprinkler, Ink Mine and Inkstrike
These weapons are the best of the best- they have inkredible versatility and high compensation (they require little to no support):

•N-Zap '89
•Tentatek Splattershot
•Wasabi Splattershot
•Octoshot Replica
Weapons that may have a fault or two, but most definitely out-shine most of the other weapons:

•.52 Gal
•.96 Gal Deco
•Kelp Splat Charger
•Kelp Splatterscope
•Krak-On Splat Roller
•Berry Splattershot Pro
Weapons that have a fair amount of positive traits, and only a few noticeable flaws to go with them:

•Splash-O-Matic
•Dual Squelcher
•.52 Gal Deco
•.96 Gal
•Forge Splattershot Pro
•Splattershot Pro
•Splatterscope
•New Squiffer
•Fresh Squiffer
•Slosher
•Sloshing Machine
•Heavy Splatling
•Neo Luna Blaster
•Permanent Inkbrush
Weapons that have an overall fair amount of positive traits, but do have a few or several flaws that holds them back from higher tiers:

•Neo Splash-O-Matic
•N-Zap ‘85
•Inkbrush
•Splat Roller
•CoroCoro Splat Roller
•Hero Roller Replica
•Aerospray RG
•Aerospray MG
•Aerospray PG
•Luna Blaster
•Mini Splatling
•Custom Hydra Splatling
Weapons that serve interesting niches that may overshadow other weapons, but don't quite have the versatility to outclass higher tiered weapons:

•Splattershot
•Custom Splattershot Jr.
•Hero Shot Replica
•Splattershot Jr.
•Sploosh-o-Matic
•Neo Sploosh-o-Matic
•Blaster
•Custom Blaster
•Range Blaster
•Grim Range Blaster
•Ink Brush Nouveau
•Carbon Roller
•Carbon Roller Deco
•Gold Dynamo Roller
•Classic Squiffer
•Sploosh-o-Matic
•Sploosh-o-Matic 7
•Jet Squelcher
•Custom Jet Squelcher
•Heavy Splatling Deco
•Tri Slosher
•Zink Mini Splatling
•Hydra Splatling
•Soda Slosher
•Slosher Deco
•N-Zap ‘83
•Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose**
•Heavy Splatling Remix**
•Bento Splatterscope**
Weapons that are hard to really redeem worthiness for compared to similar weapons that simply outclass them, although you could still work with them:

•Custom Dual Squelcher
•Rapid Blaster
•Rapid Blaster Deco
•Octobrush
•Splat Charger
•Hero Charger Replica
•E-Liter 3K
•E-Liter 3K Scope
•Custom E-Liter 3K
•L-3 Nozzlenose
•L-3 Nozzlenose D
•H-3 Nozzlenose
•Tri Slosher Nouveau
•Neo Sloshing Machine
•Bamboozler 14 MK III
•Bamboozler 14 MK I
•Bamboozler 14 MK I
•H-3 Nozzlenose D

•Bento Splat Charger**
These weapons just plain suck compared to the others ;-; :
None.
Hopefully we wouldn’t have any weapons of this tier, because that would mean that Nintendo is doing something wrong…:

•None, thank goodness...
Near-to-none weapons should EVER be down at this rank, no matter what… and if they do end up here? GOD BLESS THEM AND HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOULS XD:

•THANK OUR LORD AND SAVIORS ARCEUS, HELIX AND PEEKO NO WEAPON IS IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN TIER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TOWER CONTROL TIER LIST (WIP)
Main Objective: Gaining and maintaing control of the tower.
Notable Subs/Specials: Splash Wall, Kraken and Bubble

•Blaster
•Luna Blaster
•Range Blaster
•Tentatek Splattershot
•Octoshot Replica

•Rapid Blaster
•Custom Blaster
•Grim Range Blaster
•N-Zap ‘89
•N-Zap ‘83
•Custom Dual Squelcher
•.52 Gal
•.96 Gal Deco
•Krak-On Splat Roller
•CoroCoro Splat Roller
•Berry Splattershot Pro*
•Bento Splatterscope**

•Splash-O-Matic
•Dual Squelcher
•.52 Gal Deco
•.96 Gal
•Forge Splattershot Pro
•Splattershot Pro
•Splatterscope
•Heavy Splatling Deco
•Tri Slosher
•Slosher Deco
•Zink Mini Splatling
•Fresh Squiffer

•Neo Splash-o-Matic
•Neo Sploosh-o-Matic
•N-Zap ‘85
•Splat Roller
•Hero Roller Replica
•Dynamo Roller
•Heavy Splatling
•Wasabi Splattershot
•Permanent Inkbrush*
•Slosher
•Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose

•Splattershot
•Custom Splattershot Jr.
•Hero Shot Replica
•Splattershot Jr.
•Octobrush
•Inkbrush
•Carbon Roller
•Gold Dynamo Roller
•Custom Jet Squelcher
•Custom E-Liter 3K Scope
•Aerospray RG
•Aerospray PG
•New Squiffer
•Neo Luna Blaster
•Tri Slosher Nouveau
•Sloshing Machine
•Mini Splatling
•Custom Hydra Splatling

•Ink Brush Nouveau
•Aerospray MG
•Rapid Blaster Deco
•Jet Squelcher
•Bamboozler 14 MK II
•E-Liter 3K Scope
•L-3 Nozzlenose
•L-3 Nozzlenose D
•H-3 Nozzlenose
•Classic Squiffer
•Kelp Splatterscope
•Carbon Roller Deco
•Neo Sloshing Machine
•Hydra Splatling
•Soda Slosher
•Sploosh-o-Matic
•Sploosh-o-Matic 7
•Heavy Splatling Remix**
•Splat Charger
•Hero Charger Replica
•Kelp Splat Charger
•E-Liter 3K
•Custom E-Liter 3K
•Bamboozler 14 MK I
•Bamboozler 14 MK III
•H-3 Nozzlenose D
•Bento Splat Charger**
•None

•None, thank goodness...

RAINMAKER TIER LIST (NO WEAPONS LISTED YET)
Main Objective: Getting/guarding the Rainmaker and getting it to the goal.
Notable Subs/Specials: Killer Wail

•WIP

•WIP

•WIP

•WIP

•WIP

•WIP
•None.

•WIP

•None, thank goodness...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

So that's it! If you have any constructive criticism or suggestions (and I would like to greatly emphasis the "constructive" part of that phrase), please comment about any weapon(s) you think should be shifted to another tier.

Last edited:

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Please don't make anymore weapon tier lists.. there have been many attempts and all have failed. Weapons can seem better than they are because of the player, not the weapon itself.

Anyway as for your actual tier list, I only opened S rank, and immediately saw you've been gravely mistaken. Aerosprays/Splatter Jr are nowhere near the top of the tier rank, and neither is Dual Squelcher. Although Tentatek is the best weapon in the game. Most of your A+ ranked weapons should be in the S rank. The brushes also don't belong in the A rank, as they are probably some of the worst weapons in the game.

I mean since you don't have the game, it would make sense with where you put some of the weapons. The Silver Aerospray is pretty good in Solo Queue turf war. However I have no clue what videos/streams you've watched either to base this on, but if you saw any Ranked game mode your tier list could be a bit better.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Please don't make anymore weapon tier lists.. there have been many attempts and all have failed. Weapons can seem better than they are because of the player, not the weapon itself.

Anyway as for your actual tier list, I only opened S rank, and immediately saw you've been gravely mistaken. Aerosprays/Splatter Jr are nowhere near the top of the tier rank, and neither is Dual Squelcher. Although Tentatek is the best weapon in the game. Most of your A+ ranked weapons should be in the S rank. The brushes also don't belong in the A rank, as they are probably some of the worst weapons in the game.

I mean since you don't have the game, it would make sense with where you put some of the weapons. The Silver Aerospray is pretty good in Solo Queue turf war. However I have no clue what videos/streams you've watched either to base this on, but if you saw any Ranked game mode your tier list could be a bit better.
Ah ok... I'm sorry about that ;-; I just thought I would for fun, but if y'all will allow me to keep this thread up, I will most definitely make edit's to it. I think I will move the Splattershot Jr and Aerospray RG to B+, the MG and Dual Squelcher to A-, the Brushes to B and move the two Gal-weapons in A+ to S, since the Krak-On Splat Roller and E-Liter 3K Scope probably don't belong there. But if you could perhaps give my tier list a look beyond S and A+ and give it a chance? I mean- another main reason I did this was to see how wrong I was about all of the weapons before I went into the game... for example- I felt inclined to put the Aerosprays and Splattershot Jr. in S Rank because they can kick butt in Turf Wars, and I'm sure pretty sure that many other players would be inclined to believe that too, but it simply isn't true. So if perhaps you or some others could look over this tier list and make some suggestions, I would so very much appreciate it! <3

1o2

Inkling Cadet
Ah ok... I'm sorry about that ;-; I just thought I would for fun, but if y'all will allow me to keep this thread up, I will most definitely make edit's to it. I think I will move the Splattershot Jr and Aerospray RG to B+, the MG and Dual Squelcher to A-, the Brushes to B and move the two Gal-weapons in A+ to S, since the Krak-On Splat Roller and E-Liter 3K Scope probably don't belong there. But if you could perhaps give my tier list a look beyond S and A+ and give it a chance? I mean- another main reason I did this was to see how wrong I was about all of the weapons before I went into the game... for example- I felt inclined to put the Aerosprays and Splattershot Jr. in S Rank because they can kick butt in Turf Wars, and I'm sure pretty sure that many other players would be inclined to believe that too, but it simply isn't true. So if perhaps you or some others could look over this tier list and make some suggestions, I would so very much appreciate it! <3
Well some of the weapons are only good in one gamemode, so it's hard to create a tier list to begin with. For example the Sploosh-o-Matic is a horrible weapon... unless it's Tower Control, in which case it's great. Blasters don't work that well in Splat Zones, but much like the Sploosh-o-Matic it works very well in TC. ).

Note: this will be in no apparent order in terms of where I list weapons
For the S rank I am not sure which load out is which for the 52 gals, the one that has Splash Wall/Killer Wail is much better than the other though, I will have to check when I am in game later. E-Liter 3k scope should be in S tier, and I guess the non scoped version can just be in A+, just because it has 5(?) less range.

Krak On roller is good, but not incredible. I'd probably put it in just neutral A rank.

Squiffers are one of the better weapons in the game, but have an insanely high learning curve, as for the weapon to be realistic one would need upwards of 90% (really 100%) sniping accuracy, while being under pressure as people will be in your face. Atm it's simply not realistic for anyone to be THAT good with it, so it depends on whether or not you want to move it up.

Splash-O-Matic is pretty high, and it should probably go in B+.If anything its counterpart Neo-Splash-O-Matic is better with burst bombs/Inkzooka.

No offense to Brush users, but all of them should be B-.

The Slosher I'm not sure where to put, like the weapon has great stats & a pretty good lay out, but it literally never does anything useful for the team when I see it.

Splat Charger/Hero replica can be in A+ too, as Splat bombs+Bomb rush does have some usefulness across several gamemodes.

Not sure how I feel about the N-zaps, they're pretty close to Tentatek's stats, but the layout isn't as strong.

The rest of the list gets tricky, especially with things like Carbon Roller/Blasters, as varying gamemodes improves their viability a lot.

I am not a pro player or anything, but yea, this is a rougher version to be at least more closer to accurate. It's important to note though that this is what the meta is, things being used more in the solo queue meta tend to be higher up, just b/c if people are using them the weapons tend to be better.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Wow... thank you so much! I'm glad to recieve wonderful feedback, and just glad that I recieved any at all =D I will definitely take your suggestions and edit my list with them!!!

A note to all others who come across this thread: PLEASE feel free to give more suggestions, as any tier list becomes better with more opinions! (from at least decent players lol)

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
If people continue giving opinions (which is what this is so far) then you'll be editing your list after every post. 1o2 for example is essentially giving empty opinions.

"No offense to Brush users, but all of them should be B-."
"Krak On roller is good, but not incredible. I'd probably put it in just neutral A rank."

See how this is problematic? How do you judge who is right when it's just thoughts like these? And who is to decide whose baseless opinions are correct?

An attempt at a splatoon weapons list is certainly a fitting title

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
If people continue giving opinions (which is what this is so far) then you'll be editing your list after every post. 1o2 for example is essentially giving empty opinions.

"No offense to Brush users, but all of them should be B-."
"Krak On roller is good, but not incredible. I'd probably put it in just neutral A rank."

See how this is problematic? How do you judge who is right when it's just thoughts like these? And who is to decide whose baseless opinions are correct?

An attempt at a splatoon weapons list is certainly a fitting title
Well... there are certain opinions that I will take or leave, like the comment about the Brushes for example. Everyone thinks they're horrid, but they're actually quite good as support =/ And while I do sorta agree with what you say, most people have a general consensus that I could reflect in my tier list. For example; the .52 and .96 and their counterparts are high up on the tier list. That's a pretty obvious one, but I will only take suggestions that I myself find practical. And if I find all of them practical? So-be-it, the title tells all xD

I think that this list may or may not be more of what I personally believe combined with the general consensus of people. Whatever, just remember that I haven't even played the game! xD

Besides; I think that this tier list is somewhat-roughly-accurate... right? If you'd like to give any suggestions yourself, go ahead :3 Although that would totally contradict your reply... but who cares! Go ahead! Knock yourself out and write an essay if you want.

Last edited:

EnderRift

Inkling
NNID
EnderRift
Decent list, although there are a few issues. But first, what gamemode is this for? Any suggestions here will be for the three ranked modes, Rainmaker, Splat Zones and Tower Control. For one, I would argue that the classic Splattershot is at least worthy of B+ thanks to burst bombs and bomb rush which give it not only great killing power, but a good way to pressure opponents. A similar thing can be said for the Custom Splattershot Jr., which fills a more supportive role than the standard Splattershot Jr. thanks to the disruptor and echolocator. Disruptors allow you to stop opponents in their tracks and kill them off or set up a team mate, while the echolocator helps with aiming them and even can be used for a quick ink refill. E-Liter 3K's should probably by swapped. Minimal accuracy increase doesn't really help when you have tunnel vision. Both Dynamo's should rise a tier or 3 thanks to wide ink coverage and huge one-shot range. The standard variant in particular has gotten a bit better thanks to the addition rainmaker, as you can pop the shield at a surprisingly fast rate with the sprinkler. .96 Gal shouldn't be so high, as it's outclassed by the .52 in almost every way. Speaking of the .52 Gal, I would probably say that the standard variant is better thanks to the splash wall and the recent killer wail buff.The .52 Gal Deco, on the other hand, coming with seekers, which you can jump over, and what's arguably the worst special, the inkstrike. Don't get me wrong, both versions are great, but I feel like they should be switched in terms of placement. A good gun that you seem to have underrated, is the Luna Blaster. One-shot potential, the inkzooka to cover it's range issues and the ink mine to boot, this thing is a monster in terms of killing potential. All inkbrushes except for the octobrush should be dropped down to C+ due to their sub-par killing potential and abysmal range. Not even the Inkbrush Nouveau is decent due to the knockback on the bubbler. Octobrush is decent due to quick kills, kraken and the criminally underrated squid beakons, which I say earns it that B+ slot. The Aerospray RG suffers from the same problems as the Sploosh-o-Matic, which is pathetic range that isn't helped by their sub-weapons. If one's bad, the other is as well. The Splattershot Pro is arguably the best combat weapon in the game, and that's going for both variants. The standard version comes with splat bombs, a guaranteed 3 shot and the bad, yet reliable, inkstrike. Inkstrike helps with Splat Zones and the Splat Bombs covers close range encounters and pressure opponents enough to force them into your range or out of theirs. The Forge variant on the other hand, coming with point sensors and the fantastic inkzooka, serves a bit of a different role. Keeping the guaranteed 3 shot, but gaining the ability to track opponents and the ability to out-range and kill off all opponents with the inkzooka, barring the E-Liters. Both are great, but I feel like you didn't rate them high enough.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
>.52 Deco first in S rank
>.96 in S rank
>where is .96 Deco?
>stopped reading here

No offense though.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
I've said this on a different Tier List, Splatoon doesn't need a Tier List like Smash does. Every weapon is good, it just depends on the person who uses it. I mean No Offense but Splatoon shouldn't have this. IMO

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
>.52 Deco first in S rank
>.96 in S rank
>where is .96 Deco?
>stopped reading here

No offense though.
Bruh... YOU JUST HAD TO GO ONE MORE TIER DOWN XD

And you were so close too...

Rn I'm trying to decide between the two Gal weapons in A+ Rank and S Rank, but I'm thinking of swapping the Deco's. EnderRift made a fair point in that the regular varient is better then the Deco one, and that the .52 Gal's are better then the .96 Gals. So I might even drop both of .96 Gal's to A+ or A... not quite sure.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
I've said this on a different Tier List, Splatoon doesn't need a Tier List like Smash does. Every weapon is good, it just depends on the person who uses it. I mean No Offense but Splatoon shouldn't have this. IMO
Well... not exactly, with the whole "it just depends on the person who uses it." I think there are definitely some guns that are clearly a rank above others, and I would like to greatly emphasis two things that you may have missed in reading this thread:

"An ATTEMPT At A Splatoon Weapon's Tier List!"
That, and-
"But remember- I haven't played the game, so this list could be complete doo-doo butter."

Maybe not that last bit, but I feel like I could give this list a shot and continue taking in feedback to make it better? I feel like this list is somewhat accurate (for someone who, *cough cough* hasn't played the game *cough cough*)- there are definitely some weapons that I might be missing the mark on- but that's not the point. In all games, there will always things that, in context of the game itself of course, will be better then others of it's kind (if that made sense). And besides, this is just a fun side project for me while I wait to get the game =3 So unless someone comes along and shuts the thread, I'll blithely continue to make improvements to this list!

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Well, since I didn't know before that you didn't have the game, so I give merit for making with out having game time. Some weapons do have a small advantage but, I've seen people WRECK with the Inkbrush or Octobrush
against other higher up weapons. Anyway, that's all I have to say.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Nothing is S rank is correct.
Then could you perhaps... well, I don't know... give a suggestion as to what to do with my current S Ranked weapons?

Oh no.

That was just a crazy thought I had there :D

...But really though, I would rather have people make suggestions then just sit there and tell me "rawr rawr rawr your all wrong rawr rawr." ;-;

EnderRift

Inkling
NNID
EnderRift
List seems good now, excluding two things. The standard blaster comes with both disruptors and the killer wail. Disruptor for slowing and other various debuffs, killer wail for area denial and it still has that one shot power of the luna blaster. The Aerosprays are a different case. The MG should be B+ at best, partially due to the recent inkzooka nerf, but mostly due to it's abysmal range. The RG, as I had said before, has all the same problems as the Sploosh-O-Matic, which you seem to believe to be the worst gun in the game. The MG is saved from itself by the inkzooka, but the MG isn't helped at all by it's sub, the ink mine, which is only helpful in one gamemode, and the worst special, the inkstrike. Neither help it's range, neither help it's damage. One is downright useless, and the other's only use is to stop the Splat Zone counter. The Sploosh is a bit of a different case, coming with the recently buffed killer wail and the fantastic squid beakons. This skillset not only provides area denial, but it also allows an anchor of sorts, allowing easy access to almost any part of the map. I strongly suggest you reconsider all of their placements.

Last edited:

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
List seems good now, excluding two things. The standard blaster comes with both disruptors and the killer wail. Disruptor for slowing and other various debuffs, killer wail for area denial and it still has that one shot power of the luna blaster. The Aerosprays are a different case. The MG should be B+ at best, partially due to the recent inkzooka nerf, but mostly due to it's abysmal range. The RG, as I had said before, has all the same problems as the Sploosh-O-Matic, which you seem to believe to be the worst gun in the game. The MG is saved from itself by the inkzooka, but the MG isn't helped at all by it's sub, the ink mine, which is only helpful in one gamemode, and the worst special, the inkstrike. Neither help it's range, neither help it's damage. One is downright useless, and the other's only use is to stop the Splat Zone counter. The Sploosh is a bit of a different case, coming with the recently buffed killer wail and the fantastic squid beakons. This skillset not only provides area denial, but it also allows an anchor of sorts, allowing easy access to almost any part of the map. I strongly suggest you reconsider all of their placements.
... Hm. When you put it like that, I can see why some people see the Aerosprays as some of the worst weapons in the game ;-; I suppose that you're right, but why do you think that the Inkstrike in particular is dubbed "the worst special in the game"? I mean it's pretty darn useful in Turf Wars to get some last second ink on your opponent's, and especially in TC to capture a splat zone in one hit. Perhaps it doesn't quite synergize with the horrible range of the RG, but it definitely adds to it's ability to spread ink, so I think it's a pretty decent special. Although I'll consider the placement of the RG and Sploosh... And as for the standard blaster, that was one of the 3 weapons I forgot to include (the other two being the Kelp charger varients), so I just threw it in there. lol.

EnderRift

Inkling
NNID
EnderRift
I call the inkstrike bad, but it isn't intrinsically bad, but it's bad by comparison. Kraken and Bubbler both give invincibility, which makes them both worth something. Inkzooka can one-shot and out-range everybody except E-Liters, who barely out-range it. Killer wail provides mass area-denial, which makes it extremely valuable. Bomb rush allows for extreme pressure on your opponents if it's splat bombs or sticky bombs, or just out-right killing them with burst bomb rush. Echolocater lets you get a quick ink refill, which is surprisingly valuable for guns like the .96 Gal, and tracks opponents, making landing shots and hitting bombs easier. The inkstrike? It's a well telegraphed attack that isn't even guaranteed to kill anyone, even if they're hit. It does things, but not well enough to out-class anything at all. This, by definition, makes it the worst.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Bruh... YOU JUST HAD TO GO ONE MORE TIER DOWN XD

And you were so close too...
Yeah, I know, but that's the problem^^

.96 Deco is superior to the normal .96 and .52 is superior to the .52 Deco for the sole reason of the splash wall being the most overpowered sub in the game if used correctly ;)
I'd say this was solely my opinion, but I know it's backed by a lot of top players.

Umbriel_Umbra

Full Squid
NNID
umbrella720
Yeah, I know, but that's the problem^^

.96 Deco is superior to the normal .96 and .52 is superior to the .52 Deco for the sole reason of the splash wall being the most overpowered sub in the game if used correctly ;)
I'd say this was solely my opinion, but I know it's backed by a lot of top players.
Whoops, I made a mistake with the Gal weapons... the regular .52 Gal and .96 Gal Deco are supposed to be S Rank, and the .52 Gal Deco and regular .96 Gal should be in A+ or lower. You are correct :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom