• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

A little disappointed in the amiibo girl hero splat charger

Artik

Inkling
I knew I would love the game once it came out cause I played the beta so I went and got myself an amiibo on release date I had hopped that the hero splat charger be a little more then it what it is now because of what you have to do to earn it. Kill the last boss only using the splat charger. Anyway when I completed and earned the right to use it I hopped it would not have the basic sub weapon and special like the normal one does. Sadly I was mistaken it is just a normal one with a new skin over it. I feel that Nintendo should make a change to this to make the weapon moire unique and a little more up to par for what you had to do to earn it. Cause honestly I can just use the normal one and get same results. Anyone else feel this way?

Meloetta

Senior Squid
I wish it was a toggle-able skin for your weapon of choice.
The Roller is the same deal - Suction Bombs and Killer Wail are alright, but then there's the Krak-On Roller.

Artik

Inkling
I wish it was a toggle-able skin for your weapon of choice.
The Roller is the same deal - Suction Bombs and Killer Wail are alright, but then there's the Krak-On Roller.
Yeah I figured as much they all be like that. It would be great if it was like a toggle for the weapon..

Irves

Inkling
NNID
I_r_v_e_s
Im also disappointed about the amiibo weapons... The figures are awesome and have many details, but the in-game content could be better.

Alexandoop

Inkling
NNID
TheUltraDeino
To be fair, amiibo-locked unique weapons would be pretty bad, so many people would complain about them being under a paywall. At least the outfits are only 2star and if you want to make them better you'll have to talk to Spike at level 20.

Beariie

Full Squid
It wouldnt really be a item behind a pay wall. As it is, the abilities for it just suck. Like seriously, just god awful for what you had to do to get the weapon. Atleast give it the sprinkler or something like a kelp charger.

Squidiot

Inkling
NNID
DenseProtag
Honestly I like the Hero weapons, yeah they're basically just the default stuff but it motivates me to try and play with each base weapon and find what makes them actually pretty good.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
Im also disappointed about the amiibo weapons... The figures are awesome and have many details, but the in-game content could be better.
I made a post on reddit about this and apparently we are all bad consumers for wanting more amiibo content.

I too am disappointed about the amiibo content in general. The 20 extra missions are just the same thing with different weapons (except for the Squid Amiibo challenges like ink saving but still). If they were unique missions I'd be all about it but as it is it's underwhelming.

I can understand people getting upset that certain things are "behind a pay wall" but... that's what DLC is, and DLC is what amiibo are. They are DLC for potentially multiple games.

Take a look at either of the other two NFC franchises on the Wii U and you can see all the potential that's missing from Amiibo. Skylanders and Disney Infinity offer completely unique forms of play. Amiibo are just.... pretty much cosmetic changes at worst and minor content at best.

Squidiot

Inkling
NNID
DenseProtag
I made a post on reddit about this and apparently we are all bad consumers for wanting more amiibo content.

I too am disappointed about the amiibo content in general. The 20 extra missions are just the same thing with different weapons (except for the Squid Amiibo challenges like ink saving but still). If they were unique missions I'd be all about it but as it is it's underwhelming.

I can understand people getting upset that certain things are "behind a pay wall" but... that's what DLC is, and DLC is what amiibo are. They are DLC for potentially multiple games.

Take a look at either of the other two NFC franchises on the Wii U and you can see all the potential that's missing from Amiibo. Skylanders and Disney Infinity offer completely unique forms of play. Amiibo are just.... pretty much cosmetic changes at worst and minor content at best.
I think their logic is that they don't want more crucial content being hidden behind amiibo. I guess I can see their point of view. Personally I'm content with everything I got with my 3-pack.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I just wish that they were skins you could apply to any of your charger/roller/splattershot sets.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
I think their logic is that they don't want more crucial content being hidden behind amiibo. I guess I can see their point of view. Personally I'm content with everything I got with my 3-pack.
Same here, I mean I'm happy with what we got, but I am still hoping for more. On one hand, it would be lame for crucial content to be forced DLC (DLC that is near impossible to find in America) but there should be something more substantial for the people who are paying this much money I feel. $35 (50 in Australia) just doesn't seem like it should only get some reskinned weapons, some bare-bones mini games and 3 exclusive outfits.

I mean, let us reskin all the weapons, or maybe the option to custom name our weapons. Maybe the amiibo unlock other hairstyles or Octoling skins to wear. Purely cosmetic changes but having those options would be really good and make the amiibo purchase feel like we got a lot of content without locking away actual game depth.

And even then, maybe down the line, have DLC that can be paid for regularly (and even cheaper), but Amiibo users unlock for free. Have amiibo act like season passes to DLC for games. There are so many ways to make these things seem full of worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom