• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

A question for Octobrush users

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
I'd really like to start using one, they seem like a good weapon and cover quite a bit of turf, but the problem is the constant clicking. At first when I was testing one out it was fine, but after awhile my hand cramped up and made it uncomfortable to play the game. My question is, do you Octobrush users experience this? If so, how do you get over it?

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
You get use to it. I mean it was painful for the first 3 days when I had the game and played it for so long my hand began to cramp and then using the inkbrush, it took a lot out of me but after a while you don't get hand pains anymore. The only time my hands start cramping up again is is when I play for too long which is prob 5-7+ hours or so with very little breaks.

There's really no trick to it except you just keep using the weapon day by day and get faster at flicking your brush. If your hands keep cramping up after a few days of playing, then don't pick up the brushes as a weapon and stick to the shooters/chargers/rollers/etc. Better to not bust up your hand if it just can't get use to the constant tappin'.

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
You get use to it. I mean it was painful for the first 3 days when I had the game and played it for so long my hand began to cramp and then using the inkbrush, it took a lot out of me but after a while you don't get hand pains anymore. The only time my hands start cramping up again is is when I play for too long which is prob 5-7+ hours or so with very little breaks.

There's really no trick to it except you just keep using the weapon day by day and get faster at flicking your brush. If your hands keep cramping up after a few days of playing, then don't pick up the brushes as a weapon and stick to the shooters/chargers/rollers/etc. Better to not bust up your hand if it just can't get use to the constant tappin'.
Oh ok, thanks! I tried the Octobrush in a few battles today, and despite the hand cramps, it worked pretty well. After a few battles the pain died down a bit, so I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for answering!

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Glad to know everything with swell in the battle today. I do hope your hands do get use to the flicking of the brush. It's a really good weapon and very fun to use [As long you know... not everyone is countering you by the book]

Keep at it and I'm sure you'll be fine in no time! Especially with Splatoon2 coming around soon

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
Glad to know everything with swell in the battle today. I do hope your hands do get use to the flicking of the brush. It's a really good weapon and very fun to use [As long you know... not everyone is countering you by the book]

Keep at it and I'm sure you'll be fine in no time! Especially with Splatoon2 coming around soon
Yea it was really fun to use, glad I decided to give it a chance.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Octobrush is more timing, and less harsh on the hands than the more thinner brushes. I space between the two on days where I feel the most eager to unleash my fury upon the turf.

My set up is mostly power, and stealth when I place my beacons. So I can super jump into nooks and crannies, and get behind the enemy line to start nailing them in the corner, and creating paths. I especially love being the octo user in rainmaker since using kraken really makes a end deal when you create a trail towards the goal and protecting the person carrying the rainmaker itself.

Since with this new game, the weight of the controller is less so it will less likely create hand fatigue over time unlike the Wii U pad, so that is a plus on my end.

Gekko

Inkster Jr.
If your hand cramps up, you are squeezing with your hand instead of just moving your finger. Playing Octobrush is as painless as any other weapon. I've put a lot of time into it. Try taking a looser grip and keep the controller resting in your hands. If the musles on the back of your hand tighten when playing, there's something wrong.

Leedika42

Senior Squid
NNID
Leedika.TheGov
I'm one of the lucky ones, i have really loose joints ^^;
Never really had problems with pain using Brushes

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Clicky clicky go all the bones in my hands.

Seriously though, it's not that bad. You get used to it fairly quickly.

If you hold the controller flat though, I'd advise you to hold it upright instead. The constant clicking makes it easy to mess up what little aim the brushes need, and the push/pull between hitting the trigger and turning might be what's hurting your hands.

And of course, use the joycons. The Pro controller's triggers aren't good for clicking repeatedly.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hand stretches are helpful, and important in a game like Splatoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom