• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

A Weapon you play and Why it needs Buffing

volty-L

Inkling
Simple.
Post a weapon you use, and explain why you want it to be buffed. The weapon can be in legitimate need of it or be currently top tier - it doesn't matter.

My buff would be to the E Litre. I'll never rest until the 4k gets the same range that the 3k once had.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
My buff would be to the E Litre. I'll never rest until the 4k gets the same range that the 3k once had.
Yes please~
Edit: Ah, yes, reason: I think the tier list speaks for itself but it needs a little nudge more range to make up for that enormous charge time, it's quite fine otherwise.

And since I have a few with the Fart in a Bottle: Toxic Mist needs a buff, stat. The ink consumption is way too much for how little it does in practice. Any other sub can do better right now, sadface.

And while we're at it, I don't know what exactly to do with the Namo, but I still feel it needs a small nudge to be better. It can perform well, but it's slow as molasses TTK doesn't help it at times. |3

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Dynamo Roller. We can all agree the thing was pure madness in the first game and it does NOT need to be that way again, but right now it is just...not very good. As of now it's retained all the nerfs it had from the first game while having quite few benefits. I would suggest increasing the turfing to it's horizontal swing by a good amount. I wouldn't mess with it's kill range until that buff settled.

L-3 and H-3 Nozzle getting their turfing buffs back would be amaaaazing~

I wish Slosher had some more range to differentiate itself from the Sloshing Machine. Also wish it wasn't slow as molasses.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I wish Slosher had some more range to differentiate itself from the Sloshing Machine. Also wish it wasn't slow as molasses.
Dunno I'd be careful dare'

Both sloshy machine and slosher have not changed between splat 1 and 2, only the subs and specials they are paired with have.

And as a result they have more or less swapped places.
Sloshing machine went from meme-outcast to top competitive pick, while slosher, which used to be one of the burst bomb enthusiasts' top picks, now only gets an "Oh yeah! I forget we have slosher in game" by many.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Both sloshy machine and slosher have not changed between splat 1 and 2
Slosher has DEFINITELY changed. Alongside the range nerf every weapon got, it's strafing is much slower and sluggish. If anything, I wish they'd change that. At least then it'd feel good to play.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Both sloshy machine and slosher have not changed between splat 1 and 2, only the subs and specials they are paired with have.
Actually, the vanilla Slosher is "painting" with large gaps while side-strafing due to either a decrease in sloshing speed or the turfing capability. My friend mained that thing religiously in S1 and just as she started playing S2, she noticed that right away. Not a weapon I play, but one that needs to get restored back to its S1 values stat.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Tenta Brella because well..... It's ridiculously slow, has inconsistent damage, eats up tons of ink and it's hard to pop the bubbles from Bubble Blower. It makes the H-3 Nozzlenose seem like an aerospray in terms of fire rate and inking turf.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I use the TTek Splattershot and Octobrush, both are perfectly fine and do not need a buff. HOWEVER, their special, the inkjet, needs some help badly. It got a massive nerf a few updates ago, some very warranted like the hitboxes to shoot one down, but the others were not necessary.

Now, imagine if the stingray did not tell you if you were hitting something. Well if you know the inkjet, you know there is no indication you are hurting an enemy, which makes hitting them pretty much useless unless you get a direct hit to kill, which is not easy. Adding a hit marker to the inkjet would be the best way to make it more viable. I believe the inkjet was never this super op special, getting directs took good shooting and a steady aim. Being attached to the then overused Tentatek Splattershot doomed it to now be one of the worst specials in the game.

CheezyCrayon

Inkling
Not really a weapon, but the Splash Wall could use some buffs.
-It uses a ton of ink and prevents you from regaining ink for an absurd amount of time.
-It takes a while to deploy, making it pretty easy to get killed deploying it.
-The Inklings have been working on their throwing since game 1, and now the Splash Wall is chucked half a mile away and I find it hard to position.
-There's no marker showing where it will land.
-It bounces really far when hitting a wall, making placing it on the tower 3x harder.
Obviously, changing all these things isn't realistic whatsoever, but it would be nice if the Splash Wall could get SOME use in this game.

Also maybe the Bubble Blower.
I haven't seen in much in ranked modes, but in Turf Wars it takes way too long to pop and I usually only get 1 other person to help me try to pop 'em.
I don't use the Bubble Blower though, so I could be very wrong.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
I would like to say Dualies, because I'm tired of seeing "Just use a Splattershot!". I just don't know how, and they already buffed the heck out of them.

An accuracy increase for Jet Squelcher would be nice. Kind of irritating how it gets increasingly inaccurate the farther away the target is.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I want Splash Walls to get a visual indicator of where they're gonna land, and decrease the minimum throwing distance. They wont ever be as good as they were back in the day, the least they could do is throw it a bone to make it a bit better. Also Bubble Blower, I have no idea what the purpose of this special is. Enemies walk thru it, they take a long time to pop, I have no idea how to buff it though. So I guess it'd have to stay the same.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Jet Squelcher should get a shot velocity and (small) range buff.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I would like it if Tenta Missiles finished firing all the missiles at the end of a battle, like Inkstrike in the first game. Splashdown gets to, Baller gets to finish detonating if it's fully primed (where the whole Baller is filled with ink and is invulnerable), and Inkstrike in the first game was/are able to be used at the last second of a battle. But poor Tenta Missiles just gets cut off. If they just let us fire the rest of the missiles instead of cutting it off after the timer is up, that'd be awesome. c:

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
For the Goo Tuber, all they really need to do is make either the charge time or range equal to the splat charger. Half a bar's extra range if they wanna be all sissy about it.

Alternatively, infinite charge keep or obscenely fast run speed (like bamboo/N-zap). This thing is getting so close to viability... Or, at least, usability.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
I would say they could give inkbrush a slightly longer reach...or three strokes of ink instead of two per swing. Or just buff the dmg per swing. Or slightly increase the width of the trail it makes.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I would say they could give inkbrush a slightly longer reach...or three strokes of ink instead of two per swing. Or just buff the dmg per swing. Or slightly increase the width of the trail it makes.
I'd do the width of the trial, but make the speed of the brush slower. I rolled with the brush for an entire match and only died like twice.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
I'd do the width of the trial, but make the speed of the brush slower. I rolled with the brush for an entire match and only died like twice.
The problem of inkbrush I think is it has a hard time playing independently, and it highly relies on teammates. It is a perfect weapon to interrupt and disturb the enemy team but without teammates keeping up it is just an annoying mosquito which isn't even a threat to the enemy team. I appreciate the idea of inkbrush being a nice support weapon but its specs need buff, even a tiny buff would change this weapon a lot.

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
Or slightly increase the width of the trail it makes.
This actually isn't really necessary at all, because in S2, stepping in enemy ink does not affect you whatsoever -- so a wider trail of ink wouldn't help running around in enemy turf. Maybe charge your special better, at least.

A buff for inkbrush would be pretty fun though. I like the idea of having a few more ink blobs pop out per swing, or a tiny bit more range since sometimes people just happen to walk/swim away while I'm trying to slap them to death.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
If you do not know, I play the blasters of this game. Preferably the ones that one shot opponents. With the range blaster being my most used weapon for the past month.

I hear you right now. "Range blaster, u wot? Range Blaster doesn't need a buff, that weapon is super cheap, git gud and learn how to use the goo tuber". And guess what, you're somewhat right. But there is this one thing that every blaster got in splatoon 2 that is complete and utter bs towards every player who put muscle memory into the game. And that's the rng whenever you jump.

If you ask a long time blaster main what's awful about splatoon 2, they will mention this. I'm mentioning this because I put this in my mind for months, and then they changed it with no reason to it. Now you could just be an ignorant idiot and tell me "Just don't jump". I cannot believe the amount of people who have told me this "tip" who have never picked up a blaster.

Seriously, if you ever told that to a blaster main, apologize right now.

Why is it something ignorant to say? Because every blaster player must jump around or "bunny hop" to avoid being punished because you were on the ground and you move slower than the dev team on this upcoming patch 1.5/2.0 Which is why any decent blaster main will jump at you if they're going for the standard 2 shot kill.

Why is this problematic then? It's because it makes your carefully crafted aim look like a cranky 2 year old was holding your controller for you when you go for jump shots. So you have your blast hit the ground or the walls, completely negating your kill. And since the blasters fire so slow, a miss can mean certain death in some situations. Which could have been a completely fair kill on your end. Or if you were like me at the end of splat one, you could consistently hit directs up close, so you loved being able to jump and flick the crosshair into your opponent. Except, you can't do that anymore, because having good aim is awful in a competitive game.

Also, rng is pretty toxic to any game it inhabits. Especially in pokemon where games can be decided by a single critical hit, a win condition can be lost because you switched in your pokemon to a move that can burn 30% of the time, or you miss a move by 10% and lose the game because of it.

So please, change the blasters back to where they were before splat 2, they were just fine. We don't have the braindead lunas who only stack qrsj, and we don't have panic buttons anymore on the range blaster.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
I wish the programmers would buff the Ink Mine and the Poison Mist, so that I wouldn't feel disadvantaged whenever I use weapons that have these two sub weapons... I mean, they do work at times, but all the regular bombs are so much better and more versatile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom