• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Resource icon

Maps Advanced Splatterhopping and Swimming Guide

Shooby

Inkster Jr.
NNID
akio314
Shooby submitted a new guide:

Advanced Splatterhopping and Swimming Guide - Splatterhopping and Swimming

Hello, I'm Shoob,and I'm here to give a guide to Swimming and Splathopping. Obviously we can't know everything about Swimming and Splathopping yet, but I'll try to keep updating this thread with my findings.

With Splathopping the aim is to cover more ground faster than if you just sprayed then swam through the ink. You do this by jumping into a puddle, swimming through it, jumping, making a puddle, then repeat. It can be used for the earlier stages of a match, and for escaping enemy turf ....
Read more about this guide...

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
Neat. Nice to have some solid data on Splatterhop speed compared to usual movement.

Quietrabbit

Inkling
NNID
Quietrabbit
It's nice to know that I helped with the advancement of the Splatoon meta, if even by a little :p

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Very nice, I imagine this will be used frequently. :)

holowknite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
holowknite
With the ninja ability doesn't it kinda make stealth swim technique kinda redundant considering u dont have to go slow every time just to stay hidden?

Shooby

Inkster Jr.
NNID
akio314
With the ninja ability doesn't it kinda make stealth swim technique kinda redundant considering u dont have to go slow every time just to stay hidden?
I just want to credit both people for finding stuff.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
Nice calculations! I find that usually enemies are so focused on covering ground they don't notice if you are swimming up next to them or past them if they didnt see you in inkling form first. I dont wall swim place to place but I definitely splatterhop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom