• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Aerospray MG: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Aerospray MG

Lv Unlocked in Shop:
Lv 7 + Boss 3

Cost:

Shop Description:
"Created by Sheldon from his grandfather's blueprints. Extremely high rate of fire. Each shot is weak individually, but a sustained barrage can really pressure opponents."

Type:
Shooter

Stats:
Range: Low
Damage: Low
Fire Rate: High

Sub:
Seeker

Special:
Inkzooka

Genreal Strategies:
-WIP-

Team Strategies:
-WIP-

Success/Tournaments won:
-WIP-

Update: We are now accepting general strategies about this weapon. Please note I'll only add the strategy if I see video evidence or it is generally agreed upon in the thread.

So, with all that out of the way, please discuss your thoughts on the Aerospray MG.

Last edited:

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Clearly the best weapon to spread ink.

Seeker to push through enemy ink ; spray stuff ; win.

Oh and special for then you need range.

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
It's pretty good. It's good at spraying ink but weaker at engagements. It's what I used to get to level 20 so quickly. I only used the Aerospray that comes with the ink strike. I find the other version very weak for my playstyle. Though the seekers are fun in the warehouse, the second you use them you are so vulnerable. Inkzooka only seems to be for killing people and spreading minimal ink. While in contrast the Inkstriker can be a last millisecond game winner :3.

*trollface* I use the ink striker in location that are a pain in the but to ink/never get inked in games. Very rarely I use it offensively.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
It is my favorite weapon so far, love that fire rate and it doesn't consume as much ink as weapons like the splattershot pro. I love going to the center of an unpainted/painted with the opposite team's color area, start shooting and then circle the inkling around.

If only its special was better. The Inkzooka is too situational for my tastes. Aerospray MG + Inkstrike would be the ideal. The seeker is really helpful though.

DDB

Senior Squid
NNID
Diddybound
The RG variant has Inkstrike and is probably the best weapon overall.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Aerospray is the Jr. on steroids, with a better sub too.

It could use a better Special but since you're covering so much ink all the time, I can see why it's not so great.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have mixed feelings on the seeker. On one hand, it is good at spreading ink and is very powerful. On the other hand, it takes a second to come out leaving you vulnerable, and it is actually fairly easy to dodge if you see it coming. Which is of course why you have to be more sneaky with it.

But overall, the Aerospray MG is a good weapon. Does it extremely well on smaller and more compact maps.

TimpaniGamer

Full Squid
NNID
TimpaniGamer
The seeker seems to do fairly well in the heat of battle, because I've caught many people off guard with it. In group battles, it can almost guarantee at least one kill as long as the opponents are more focused on players. You just have to be in your own ink to recharge, since it uses almost all of it. The special does seem kind of underpowered, but you can get it pretty quickly since the Aerospray MG can spread so much ink, so it balances out.

Typhlosion09

Pro Squid
NNID
Typhlosion09
This is the weapon I'm using and it is almost perfect for me. The Aerospray MG spreads so much ink it's absurd, plus it's fire rate is so good you can just be close to somebody, hold down the shoot button, and they're immediately splattered. The seeker is easy to dodge if you see it coming, but it leaves an ink trail to follow and lets you get close to the enemy to do what the aerospray MG does best. The special isn't that helpful but if your team is pushing against the other team it can do wonders and take them all out quickly. Overall my favorite weapon and the one I'll be using for a long time

Noventia

Inkster Jr.
The seeker is better than people realise. It's saved my life many a time, and can make a quick and easy path straight through the enemy ink. Use it when you're out of range for the aerospray to hit.

And oh god If you hang around the enemy spawn with the MG set you will kill so many people. Use the seeker to protect yourself and score easy kills and catch them off guard with the areospray and they will have a hard time even getting off spawn.

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
The seeker also takes a huge amount of ink and its kinda meh, once you face a decent opponent. I think the RG is better than the MG. The stats are virtually the same, you get a better special, a much better sub. Hell, they made an ability just so you wouldn't get destroyed by its sub lol.

Last edited:

Marigi174

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Marigi174
This weapon suits my style of play much better than the RG, and it is a good weapon to main or be teamed alongside one of the slosher, heavy splatling, Splash-O-Matic (neo or standard), Splattershot (normal or Tentatek), Splattershot Jr. (normal only), E-Liter 3K (normal or scope), Heavy Splatling and Slosher. The reason for this is that having a weapon with as strong pushback potential as the MG has courtesy of its high fire rate, access to seekers (making it good for spawn-camping on stages like Camp Triggerfish (turf war and splat zones version) and Port Mackrel, holding a vital tactical point on the map and progiding great ways of advancing you and your team to the centre of the map quickly) and access to the Inkzooka (same utility as seekers minus mobility point) complements the defensive utility of the E-Liter and Heavy Splatling, the great map-taking potential of the splash-o-matic and the great versatility of the splattershot, splattershot jr. and slosher very well. It is a very tactically strong weapon to have on your team, although it is somewhat map and game-mode dependent, which is what holds it back and means that it must be mained alongside one or two other weapons.

Definitely the most fun weapon in the game to use, and, if played and paired well, one of the most threatening parts of a team

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom