• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Aerospray PG

xAsianjay

Inkling
NNID
MysticSwordsman5
So recently, I'm trying to improve myself in the competitive scene with the RG and realized that it's not ... Reliable (I still love it though). Well, I need help. I'm gonna use the Aerospray PG. can only S/S+ rank players tell me some tips? I'd like to see a video of burst cancelling from their POV.

Thank you in advance!
-Jason

Last edited:

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i don't have a video for burst cancelling, but i have some tips from using it and just... general advice, haha.

first of all i'd suggest you run a special build for the PG, the kraken is gonna be your saving grace more or less. the aerospray's ink consumption is fine, strength up is pointless, and anything else is just negligible. so primarily special build (all three special abilities work, so it depends on your playstyle), with room for bomb range up and/or quick respawn if you want any.

second, situational and environmental awareness are gonna be the biggest factors in playing PG. you are pretty much a sitting duck 3/4 of the time, your kills are gonna come from catching people off guard and/or getting up REALLY close. you can rack up a good amount of kills if you play your cards right, just be careful and don't run facefirst into battles you obviously can't win. i'm probably used to this from being an octobrush main, but stealth and ambushing opponents will work best for you.

third, you are a beast at turf control, USE THAT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE! i've been playing with the idea of a ranked comp who has an aerospray PG almost entirely for turf control - i have lost so many battles due to poor turf control. so now you have the weapon with undeniably the best turf coverage in the game (despite it's other setbacks)... that's what you bring to the team. while the rest of your team are tackling the objective, go ahead and ink up the enemy's turf and/or the turf around you. use your burst bombs and krakens to escape danger, and you may just bring your team to victory.

fourth, this is less of a tip and more of a suggestion, get the hang of splatter-dashing if you haven't already. it might just be a lifesaver for you. since you're gonna have to be choosing your battles wisely, and probably can't face any battles other players challenge you to, escaping (or just re-positioning) will be a priority. you might already be fine with it, but it's a valuable skill to learn in any case.

lastly, good on you for sticking to the aerospray! i've been trying to perfect the PG in ranked since it's released, but i'm pretty nervous of how other players might judge me for it, haha. whenever i bring up using it, people just shoot me down, as if it's absolutely inconceivable, which i know isn't true! hopefully you'll become the best aerospray ranked player this side of the scene :p

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I have little experience with the PG, but I love the support/flank/occasional inkzooka front line madness of the MG.

So I recommend trying it support/flanky playtyle. It is a weird mix, but it's great when you balance it right.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
The Great Zapfish. It's really cozy here!
NNID
chaser1234
i don't have a video for burst cancelling, but i have some tips from using it and just... general advice, haha.

first of all i'd suggest you run a special build for the PG, the kraken is gonna be your saving grace more or less. the aerospray's ink consumption is fine, strength up is pointless, and anything else is just negligible. so primarily special build (all three special abilities work, so it depends on your playstyle), with room for bomb range up and/or quick respawn if you want any.

second, situational and environmental awareness are gonna be the biggest factors in playing PG. you are pretty much a sitting duck 3/4 of the time, your kills are gonna come from catching people off guard and/or getting up REALLY close. you can rack up a good amount of kills if you play your cards right, just be careful and don't run facefirst into battles you obviously can't win. i'm probably used to this from being an octobrush main, but stealth and ambushing opponents will work best for you.

third, you are a beast at turf control, USE THAT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE! i've been playing with the idea of a ranked comp who has an aerospray PG almost entirely for turf control - i have lost so many battles due to poor turf control. so now you have the weapon with undeniably the best turf coverage in the game (despite it's other setbacks)... that's what you bring to the team. while the rest of your team are tackling the objective, go ahead and ink up the enemy's turf and/or the turf around you. use your burst bombs and krakens to escape danger, and you may just bring your team to victory.

fourth, this is less of a tip and more of a suggestion, get the hang of splatter-dashing if you haven't already. it might just be a lifesaver for you. since you're gonna have to be choosing your battles wisely, and probably can't face any battles other players challenge you to, escaping (or just re-positioning) will be a priority. you might already be fine with it, but it's a valuable skill to learn in any case.

lastly, good on you for sticking to the aerospray! i've been trying to perfect the PG in ranked since it's released, but i'm pretty nervous of how other players might judge me for it, haha. whenever i bring up using it, people just shoot me down, as if it's absolutely inconceivable, which i know isn't true! hopefully you'll become the best aerospray ranked player this side of the scene :p
Can't say much besides this but also a reason you don't need strength up is because no matter what it is always a 5 hit kill. However, you will also need swim speed up, most likely 1 mains worth for kraken, as well as ink saver sub for your bombs so you can throw 3. Overall, this would be my gear choice:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_swt003::ability_bombrange::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:head_hdp001::ability_inksaversub::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:

Last edited:

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
Can't say much besides this but also a reason you don't need strength up is because no matter what it is always a 5 hit kill. However, you will also need swim speed up, most likely 1 mains worth for kraken, as well as ink saver sub for your bombs so you can throw 3. Overall, this would be my gear choice:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_swt003::ability_bombrange::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub::ability_inksaversub:
:head_hdp001::ability_inksaversub::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
strength up can be useful for fall-off damage on certain weapons, but it's not worth it with an aerospray. you can never change the "hits to kill" but you can sometimes make it easier to get more damage in, because you won't be getting that many direct hits in a real battle compared to the training ground :p

ink saver sub would be a personal preference, depending on how much you want to rely on your bombs. i'd probably want some special saver, but that's also a preference. and swim speed? again... personal preference, hahaha. i like this set-up, though !

so to the OP, play around with special abilities, bomb range up, sub saver main, swim speed and potentially quick respawn and see what works best for you. you might also wanna consider stealth jump, but that depends on how much you use superjump to begin with.

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
strength up can be useful for fall-off damage on certain weapons, but it's not worth it with an aerospray. you can never change the "hits to kill" but you can sometimes make it easier to get more damage in, because you won't be getting that many direct hits in a real battle compared to the training ground :p

ink saver sub would be a personal preference, depending on how much you want to rely on your bombs. i'd probably want some special saver, but that's also a preference. and swim speed? again... personal preference, hahaha. i like this set-up, though !

so to the OP, play around with special abilities, bomb range up, sub saver main, swim speed and potentially quick respawn and see what works best for you. you might also wanna consider stealth jump, but that depends on how much you use superjump to begin with.
On the .52 and the .96 gals they can go from 2 to 3 shot kills with just 1 or 2 defense ups. That's why the .96 gal deco is so much worse. Before, you just needed a stregnth up main and it would always be a 2 shot no matter what even with fall off. For stealth jump, I don't really see why you would go for it as an aerospray since even if you do suprise someone with that they will most likely get out of the way before you can kill them, but it is more personal preferance than anything I guess. Thanks for liking my set though! However, I do fell as though you do need at least some swim speed up because it doesn't matter if you have a kraken unless it's a last resort if you can't catch up to people.

veenickz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
veenickz
Personally i would use 2 mains of Ink Saver Sub so i can throw 3 bombs, 2 mains of Swim Speed Up because of Kraken, and mix of Special Charge Up or Run Speed Up for the rest. I find Run Speed Up as pseudo Special Charge Up for high fire rate weapons.

As aerospray, you excels in turfing and building up specials, so you want to abuse your Kraken, if possible. You cannot hope to win frontal 1v1 using aeros in S rank, so burst bomb is your best friend, you will be throwing this a lot.

The rest is just positioning, movement, and luck, i guess. You will be outranged by majority of weapons, and fellow short ranged weapons have faster TTK than you. Well honestly i got great result in turf war using aero pg, but very very bad in ranked so i dont think its a good idea, but i hope you can prove me wrong

Dual

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
NNID
chaser1234
Personally i would use 2 mains of Ink Saver Sub so i can throw 3 bombs, 2 mains of Swim Speed Up because of Kraken, and mix of Special Charge Up or Run Speed Up for the rest. I find Run Speed Up as pseudo Special Charge Up for high fire rate weapons.

As aerospray, you excels in turfing and building up specials, so you want to abuse your Kraken, if possible. You cannot hope to win frontal 1v1 using aeros in S rank, so burst bomb is your best friend, you will be throwing this a lot.

The rest is just positioning, movement, and luck, i guess. You will be outranged by majority of weapons, and fellow short ranged weapons have faster TTK than you. Well honestly i got great result in turf war using aero pg, but very very bad in ranked so i dont think its a good idea, but i hope you can prove me wrong
I feel like on Splatzones what you can do is defend your turf and sneak attack unsuspecting opponents and then cover your zone back up when needed, and go on the attack when you have kraken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom