• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Aerosprays in ranked

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Did something happen to the aerosprays? while for a long while i didn't see any all of a sudden I'm seeing them fairly commonly in ranked, and i know I'm not a high rank but even in B rank I'm seeing them.

Cephalobro

Happens in any mode, heck, I see the most influx of short-ranged shooters during Splatfests. I don't know what's so great about them aside from their Specials when there are things like the Dualie Squelchers also being annoyingly common.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
for someone who goes for short ranged weapons alot..yeah i get why people use it but still..in my opinion it is the worst short ranged weapon,the only thing that makes it kinda useful is the special if you are on the right map >~>

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Aerospray has always been a weapon that was common among the inexperienced. It paints well, and after the general range nerf in Splatoon 2 their lackluster range isn't as glaring as in Splatoon 1, they still aren't great.

Lot of newer players will probably commit to a single weapon of choice, Aerospray being a common one among those. And they'll take it into rank with reckless abandonment for how mediocre they may be in the mode.

Since we're in the dead of Summer, we're probably getting an influx of newer players, which means a lot more newbies that'll probably pickup the Aerospray.

The MG has a niche use for Splat Zones since its special is great for turfing zones, and the RG is a Baller machine. But other than those purposes (which I doubt you'll see people taking full advantage of in B rank), the rest is just a new wave of player picking up the weapon most likely.

Their presence of the weapon does taper off once you start getting in higher ranks. Like A onwards (or S), you'll occasionally see them, but they certainly are a lot less common place once you start climbing the ladder.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom