• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

After Splatoon 2's Release

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
I'm genuinely curious to hear answers from those eagerly waiting to play Splatoon 2, AND those who may find themselves sticking with Splatoon 1 for a while longer.

My question is: When Splatoon 2 comes out, do you think the time spent on the first Splatoon holds no worth at all?

Say there are people out there who either have come into Splatoon late, or don't own/have access to a Nintendo Switch in order to play Splatoon 2. Do you think that things like Rank and overall player skill from playing the 1st game are less significant, or that there's no longer any merit to be had, because those people aren't playing the new game?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
It depends on your perspective in playing. It is true, once Splatoon 2 is out and a large part of the playerbase has moved there for good, the ranks and prestige of the first game means a whole lot less in an official way. Looking back on my 600+ hours playing the first game, S+ ranking, and all the weapons I bought and inked hundreds of thousands of points with it's sad to know that matters a lot less with Splatoon 2 literally just around the corner. But I'm also super ready to move on and play Splatoon 2, I had all the fun with the first game I possibly could.

However, if you want to simply play the game because you don't have a Switch, you can just enjoy it for what it is.Until you can get a Switch, you can keep on practicing the first game to be ready for 2, and I'm sure 1 will have a decent community for it going forward. The Switch is still not easy to get all around the world, and I'm sure a ton of Splatoon fans still don't have one.

I think it's important to remember every online focused game has a very distinct lifespan. Someday Splatoon 2 will be left behind in favor of Splatoon 3. It's important to just enjoy the games as they come and play how much you want to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom