• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Am I kid? Or a squid? Who knows?

NNID
Kaina-Dani
I'm probably a squid, I've determined, but I do have kid tendencies...;)

Actually, I'm one of the many adults playing and LOVING this game! I've never been super into online games before because of some of the rude folks who spoil it (I'm the sensitive sort...lol), but Splatoon's opened my eyes to the wonder and fun that can be had with them!

I play as the female inkling and Splattershot Jr's my weapon of choice (I love those shields and sharing them with teammates!).
If I had to pick a role I like playing best, it's support. I really enjoy it! There's just something almost magical about finding that teammate(s) that you just mesh with really well and you cover each other's backs and splat as much ground as you can!

Anyways, I'm more of a casual player (hopefully will get into ranked someday, but for now I'm loving turf wars) and my IGN is Zina (named after one of my best friends who passed away recently. Between Splatoon and 'Inside Out'--those have REALLY helped me process and grieve with this stuff!)

Happy to be here, and looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hope to see some of you on here online!

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I completely understand about being turned off by the people who talk with their microphones. When I used to play fps games a few years ago I actually never knew how to mute em without turning off the sound all together so eventually I was just turned off by them and stopped playing.
Glad to see your having fun as it is a super unique game that is my absolute favorite to play on the wiiu.
Support is a good choice, you can' just run right into battle sometimes but some do so it's a good thing they have you as backup x)

Just keep having a lot of fun that's the most important part.
And also welcome to the community :D

NNID
Kaina-Dani
Thanks Flying_Tortoise!

Yeah, I TOTALLY get that! I've even had similar things with League of Legends type-chat, but I finally found out how to mute some people in chat...that's a nice feature!
It really is unique and already one of my all-time favorites! I had high expectations after following it for a year or so, but wow did it BLOW them out of the water!
Yeah I love support! Also nice because not sometimes teammates (understandably) get so excited to get into battle that they forget to fully ink the base...;)

What roles/modes do you like playing best?

Hope to see you around here on the forums and even better, online!

bluekentuckyboy

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
bluekentuckyboy
Hello and welcome to the website!

I play a support 'shooter' as well. I use long range weps like the dual squelcher and nozzlenose.

I hope you have a good time here and if you need any help, feel free to ask me or another staff member for help. See ya around!

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I use the tentatek splattershot which is a great all-around. I attack when it's optimal, support my teammates when necessary, and if I'm by myself waiting for teammates in splatzones I throw bombs to keep the enemy busy.
But my second weapon is the inkbrush which is mainly a support, so I tag along with a teammate use him as a distraction so I can get close to opponent and take him out. Unless I have ink everywhere then it's ninja assassin time x)

Of course! Looking forward to it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom