• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Am I too old to be playing this game?

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I'm 23 and apparently I'm the oldest in my squad of like 50 people or something. I thought a lot of people might be around my age but I think I might be wrong now. Am I immature for playing this cute little game at age 23? Any other old squids out there?

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I am 23 myself, and I know for a fact there are people who are older than us who love Splatoon. Don't worry about it.

Prince of Koopas posted what I was referring to actually.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
23? Pffft. 23 you say! May my copious amount of laughter reach across the digital ether into your ears.

Maybe because I've spent so much of my life as both student and employee to the education arena that always interacting with youngsters doesn't bother me in the slightest. Comes with the territory. *shrug*

You're only to old for anything when you have to try and justify it to others. Or you're dead. Especially if you're dead.

Last edited:

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
I'm 27 (though I stopped counting a while ago so typed 28 before realising I'm actually younger than that) and I play with my husband, who is almost 30.

We're the kind of people with enough disposable income to get two WiiUs to play the game. Now if only we had the time.

fuchsia

Full Squid
NNID
fuchsiaplays
laughing that you refer to 23 as old. flip the numbers around and that's my age, and i believe someone on my squad is the same age or even older than me. it depends on the squad, of course, but there are plenty of us older players out there.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Without having to read any of the context, I can quickly answer 'no'.

Yeah, I'm not especially qualified to talk about this. But, among the many bad things that come with getting older, I am very excited about one day being a Cool Old Person who plays Pokémon (which isn't, at least today, troubled by lacking reaction times) and remembers the old days of Pokémon and maintains every three years that the present Gen is the best one yet. Definitely, I don't see my tastes in games being influenced by growing older.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I am not anywhere near old enough to actually say something relatable, but this game is marketed to kids around the age of 12 and younger, and I am at the point in life where that stuff is 'not cool,' but I still really like it, and I will continue playing it as long as I enjoy it, so if you enjoy it, you are not too old! The only time you are too old for a game like this is when you start hating fun!

Ultimecia

Inkling
NNID
Ultimesia
Eh, there's some 30+ year old's playing this game. Everything is always your decision. If you listen to others who try to force change upon other's for popular status then that makes you a follower `-` so I am sure you know what choice you should make

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
28 year old, married and with a child on the way. As I said in that other topic that was linked to earlier, this is the only way to become kids again.

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
Also I'm guessing America got different marketing to us here in Australia (well, we didn't get much at all really) but I never felt like the marketing here was directed at "kids".

CM86

Pro Squid
25 here. Nintendo fan for life. There is no such thing as being to old for video games. As long as you have a job and can take care of yourself in adult years, I don't see a problem.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
You can always find a squad with some older members if that would make you feel better.

I'm 30 and...I can't believe I just typed that...but it's true.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
over 25. You're never to old for Splatoon, or any game. Its all about time and responsibility.

chrisbg99

Inkster Jr.
NNID
chrisbg99
Not at all. In my group we stretch from 18 to 34. I am the 2nd oldest in mine at 33.

Of course long ago I that there really is no age limit to play any game really.

Diogo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supercanito
you may have 100 years and have fun playing splatoon. And you can tell you're 20y, who cares? The only age measure you have is the experience and progress you have in the game, nothing else matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom