1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Amiibo Announcement! Callie, Marie and Original recolours

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Warchamp7, Apr 30, 2016.

Warchamp7, Apr 30, 2016 at 2:47 PM
  1. Warchamp7

Warchamp7 Blame Me If the Place Is Melting
    Admin

NNID:
    Warchamp7
    Today Nintendo announced a new wave of Splatoon Amiibos hitting stores in North America on July 8th. Alongside brand new Callie and Marie Amiibos, we'll also be getting recolours of the original three Splatoon Amiibos.

[​IMG]
    The Squid Sisters will be available in a bundle for $24.99 USD

The original Splatoon Amiibos unlocked special challenges for the single player missions, and the recolours will function the very same. The Squid Sisters Amiibo however will instead allow you to listen to various Squid Sisters songs, including a couple from the Choukaigi concert in Japan! Alongside those songs, you'll also be able to change Inkopolis Plaza to it's night time appearance featured during Splatfests, and unlock new dance animations for the Squid Sisters from their live concert performance.

[​IMG]
    The original three Splatoon Amiibo in fresh new colours!

The Male and Female Inkling recolours will be available individually just as before for $12.99 USD, and you'll need to purchase the bundle package for $34.99 in order to get the Squid Amiibo like their original release.

Check out the official trailer for the new Amiibos from Nintendo below

Will you be picking up the Squid Sisters? How about the recoloured originals? Let us know in the comments and on Twitter @Squidboards!

Squidboards Head Admin
Warchamp7 is the head technical admin of Smashboards and Squidboards, as well as a kid and a squid. As a Ganondorf main in Smash, he can be found playing super aggressive in Splatoon ranked matches, going for flanks and greedy plays.

Keep an eye for updates and improvements to the site from him, as well as direct all the blame towards him when anything goes wrong.

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by Warchamp7, Apr 30, 2016.

1. ThatSquidYouKnow
      ThatSquidYouKnow
      "tasty textures, delicious details, savory sparkles" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) pay attention to what they show for each phrase
    2. Joseph Staleknight
      Joseph Staleknight
      Definitely getting the Squid Sisters amiibo. Not so much the recolored versions of the original amiibo, though; I've already unlocked all the gear and everything from them, so I don't need another.
    3. TeaBee
      TeaBee
      Callie shall be mine. :eek:
    4. SyMag
      SyMag
      The hype train is back in business boys! The Squid Sisters will be mine, shall make a good birthday present indeed
      G1ng3rGar1 likes this.
    5. CM86
      CM86
      Just shut up Nintendo and take my money already. There is one thing I don't quite get. Will the recolors just be like the original 3 or will they provide new gear different from the other 3? I am up for more amiibo gear.
      Nousha and woomycheri like this.
    6. Gwoop
      Gwoop
      I'm hoping to get all five. I still haven't managed to nab any of the original three Splatoon Amiibos and they're getting more and more scarce to find in Irish shops. I'm glad they're re-releasing them (but I'd have been even more excited to see one of the recolours be in the yellow colour scheme, just because it's my favourite).
      The glitter detail in Callie and Marie's outfits is adorable.
      Nousha likes this.
    7. BrownJacketBoy
      BrownJacketBoy
      I saw it on my twitter feed, it seems like Callie and Marie unlocks Music instead of giving Challenges, i heard that there's also recolored amiibo figures too.
    8. Sol64
      Sol64
      I'm getting both of them.
    9. Shirma Akayaku
      Shirma Akayaku
      I'll get them both. I'll also make sure to update the Splatoon Music thread since they'll have new songs. :)
    10. Kabel
      Kabel
      The recolours are so niceee. I was able to snag all of the original three amiibos from someone. I will definitely be getting all 5 of these.
    11. InklingCaitlin
      InklingCaitlin
      I will definitely be picking all of these up. Purple is my favorite color so
    12. AlphaOmegaSplatter
      AlphaOmegaSplatter
      Getting all 5 for my birthday (hopefully), because my birthday is THE DAY AFTER they come out.
    13. Rockenberg
      Rockenberg
      I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO KEEP THE NIGHT-TIME PLAZA!!! I wish the recolored amiibos gave you new gear though, like an octoling wig or something...
      G1ng3rGar1, woomycheri and Mendax like this.
    14. InklingCaitlin
      InklingCaitlin
      That would be AWSOME! And same here, I always thought the nighttime plaza was soo cool
      Rockenberg likes this.
    15. Pkbucket
      Pkbucket
      Good bye money HELLO SQUID SISTERS!
      The ΩS and woomycheri like this.
    16. SaltySnowflake
      SaltySnowflake
      I hope that at least recoloured inkling boy and girl give hero slosher and splatling if Callie and Marie don't, and then the recoloured squid could give hero subs and specials to the other hero weapons or a hero brush or blaster (or both!)
    17. lone
      lone
      I wonder why they don't start selling the squid amiibo separately. I really don't want to buy the 3 pack considering I don't have the money....
    18. Topazrekerboy
      Topazrekerboy
      Marie amiibo or bust.
    19. Princess Bubbie
      Princess Bubbie
      I'm planning on buy them all! However, I wish the recolours had new gear to go along with them.
      TitaniaKarla likes this.