• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Amiibo Costumes do change? :P

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
It's identical to the male Inkling version, seen below:

Even the male one has the little skirt at the bottom. Looks like the school girl outfit won't change depending on the Inkling's gender!

EDIT: Welp. It does. The skirt becomes a pair of shorts. I'm a little surprised as this game is made by some people who worked on animal crossing. You can change your Inkling's gender at anytime so it doesn't matter too much, where in animal crossing you can't so I guess it makes sense. Still a little annoying though.

Also It looks like you only get one set of gear per amiibo, it's just that you unlock each piece of the costume separately. Gamexplain hasn't unlocked the samurai roller by the looks of it, while the one in the picture below has unlocked all 4 pieces of gear. This means that you could use just one piece of the costume!

Last edited:

Immortal

Inkster Jr.
Looks like the set has Damage up, Special charge up and Special duration up. Not bad, I can see myself using this. Hyper aggressive samurai!

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
It took me a while to understand what you actually meant between the title and looking at the images. I understand now. Seems like most of the costumes stay the same.

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Looks like the set has Damage up, Special charge up and Special duration up. Not bad, I can see myself using this. Hyper aggressive samurai!
Yeah, until they show the Roller I'm assuming it's the same as the Kraken load out.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
Actually, the samurai outfit seems pretty unisex to me. Just like how gear changes color depending on the ink I personally think the actual squid girl clothes will just be called school uniform and change depending on gender.

ThatsSo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ThatsSo
Actually, the samurai outfit seems pretty unisex to me. Just like how gear changes color depending on the ink I personally think the actual squid girl clothes will just be called school uniform and change depending on gender.
This is what I was thinking.
Letting the girl dress like a samurai and putting the boy in a school girl outfit are two drastically different things.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
Great, we're already pay2win. I don't even want to know what the weapon is...

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Great, we're already pay2win. I don't even want to know what the weapon is...
Not really, because all of those abilities are available on gear you can buy from shops. The only unique thing about any of the Amiibo gear is how they look.

As for the weapons, all they are are reskins of other weapons--they do not have unique stats.

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
Isn't the roller just the PvE roller? Guess not....

Any idea what weapon you'll get with the squid/girl inkling amiibo?

Davybot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Davybot
*crosses my fingers for squid boys to be able to wear the school girl outfit* yes please.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
As for the weapons, all they are are reskins of other weapons--they do not have unique stats.
What about the Sub and Special loadout? We've already seen a couple weapon reskins that offer a different loadout, so I'm worried that's how these'll work too.

kinetik07

Senior Squid
What about the Sub and Special loadout? We've already seen a couple weapon reskins that offer a different loadout, so I'm worried that's how these'll work too.
I would say those are branded recolors, rather than reskins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom