• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Amiibo Missions

Charger squid or "Squid" squid?

• Total voters

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Why do they have Hero themed weapons, when its just the same as the regular weapons? All it has is more decoration, and the missions are horrible!!! You can't even hit octavio with the Hero charger before getting squished! Then its all bootlegged replica's! :confused: The charger girl Amiibo is so fun to use in missions, but its hard to use that charger since it does'nt have a Scope! I Wonder what types of amiibo that they will have on the new system!!!

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
To be be honest, the female inkling missions were my favorite as I love chargers. I sped through it like there was no tomorrow and Octavio was a piece of cake. And I thought the hero replicas had a tiny bit more buffs to them than their counterparts? I don't use them, so I can't really confirm, but I thought I read that somewhere.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I actually thought the Inkling Girl amiibos were the easiest. Once you figure out the timing on the charger, it actually makes Octavio the easier. The Hero Shot comes second and the Hero Roller can often be the trickiest to beat Octavio with. On that note... I think it was simply Nintendo's way of covering themselves. At the time the amiibos were released, Splatoon was still new. I don't think Nintendo thought the new IP would become so wildly popular. They made them the same weapons to probably prevent people from throwing a hissy fit over Nintendo being "unfair". Chances are, they might have given different weapons if they were released now when Splatoon is very popular like other shooters.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Largely because if the weapons were different and managed to be somewhat viable, people would complain about it being pay to win. Microtransactions for larger perks are prominent in multiplayer games, but also are pretty controversial. Personally, I don't really think people should have to spend extra money in a 60$ game to be able to do better; it goes against the ideas of purely skill based gameplay. Imagine if the .96 Gal Deco, Dynamo Roller, and E-Liter 3K (pre-nerfs) were only available through these challenges, these weapons would be hated even more and lead people with the amiibos to stay with these generally better weapons to do better. The amiibos still provide some nice rewards, but they are generally more cosmetic/fun based. Also, their target audience is kids who may not have the freedom to purchase amiibos on their own, so doing so could alienate a large demographic. Plus, both by preventing performance based purchases and giving free DLC, the game feels like it provides a lot of content for the purchase price; the promise of getting near everything for 60$ may help sales of a sequel game.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I finally got the squid amiibo, but all it has is a burst bomb, and a burst bomb, I was'nt expecting that.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Oh I do like the squid amiibo, and it's really easy to dodge things in Kracken form. :)

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Imagine what missions the new amiibo may have....:)

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
... that's not possible, if it is how?

They need a octoling amiibo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I really enjoyed the missions and their rewards, and particularly liked the challenge of the Squid ones - even though I'm beyond useless with a Charger in real battles, I managed to get through that series with little trouble (aside from only being able to take out Octolings with my bombs...). Squid's missions, however, genuinely became difficult at times. A few occasions stick out to me.

In one ink-limited mission (the one with invisible platforms), I got splatted completely unnecessarily at the final climb up some tall invisible cubes guarded by a lot of two-tentacles Octarians. Didn't think it'd be too bad an issue... except that was the first time I'd been splatted in this type of mission and I didn't realise that ink lost would carry on across lives. I then proceeded to make one of the most awesome manoeuvres I've ever achieved in this game to redo the climb, being completely evasive around the Octarians (couldn't afford to take them out) and reach the end with literally just enough ink left to get the Zapfish (I mean, I think I had, at most, two shots after I burst its bubble).

Also, the timed DJ Octavio battle was brutal, I found. In theory, it's great, as you can just lie still and wait to be fired at, but... if you mess up about four times (out of, what, 20?), you simply cannot win in time any more. That's the only stage in which I've genuinely been defeated across all of single-player mode, and that two or three times (lost to time on a couple of earlier missions as well, but that was because I was goofing around and trying to collect all of the fish egg currencies).

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I remember when I first completed the amiibo missions back when I was a major newb. For me, the roller missions were the easiest. I used to not have any skills whatsoever with a charger, so beating DJ Octavio with one was a real struggle. I also used to struggle a little with the limited ink missions you get from the squid amiibo. But now I find all the amiibos' missions to be pretty easy. How was it even a challenge back then? XD

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Does anyone know what the callie and marie amiibo do?

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
If you didn't watch you video about them, I believe they change the song that plays via splatfest or something, and you can change the dance moves they do during it. That or you can freely a splatfest song or something. Don't quote me on the last part, but I know you can change the moves they do.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I had thought that you'd pick a song from the list, and that would then play in the plaza during Splatfests. What I've heard was that it's more of a glorified jukebox, setting the plaza to Splatfest mode for a while and the Squid Sisters performing the dance for that song. It'd be cool if both were the case, methinks.

Re: the original amiibo

Initially I just got them for the Hero weapon skins, thinking they'd be unlocked after beating the missions. I was a bit annoyed to find out that you still had to buy the weapons after doing so, but whatevs.

Of the three, I found the Inkling Girl amiibo to be quite useful for practicing and honing my motion-enhanced charger skills; after using the Octarians as target practice, I had a much easier time using it than I had when I was just sticking it. I don't really need practice when it comes to the Roller, but every now and then I'll activate the Boy amiibo so I can relive the challenge of swinging away at Octavio's face... and so I can read the squid-wigger's hilariously awful speech again.

I'll be honest, I've kinda forgotten about the Squid amiibo's missions. Perhaps I should redo them some time in the future, I could use some Kraken practice.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I was a bit annoyed to find out that you still had to buy the weapons after doing so, but whatevs.
That's to force you to go into at least one TW with the Junior, which is an idea I like. They aren't unlocked until the same level as their counterparts (or possibly later?), at my best guess. Anyway, they're crazy cheap.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
no! its woomy "Wednesday" , you spelled Wednesday wrong. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom