1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

5. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

An american squidkid vs JP players: help?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by YukitoBurrito, Mar 13, 2018.

1. YukitoBurrito

YukitoBurrito Inkling

So due to my job, I only am able to play from 9 pm to 2 am pst, and during that time there are many japanese players on. These players work in teams, not to win, but to prevent the other team from playing at all by rushing the spawn point and splatting anyone who steps out. The snipers as well, some I'd think are using aiming programs, since this is the only time I have ever been picked out of the air mid splashdown from across the arena, or picked off mid jump.

This **** is driving me insane, and making it get to the point that the game has lost its fun. I don't particularly enjoy playing a game that gets be beaten and squidbagged every time I walk in. It's like going to an arcade to play some games but the guy behind the counter punts you in the nuts every time he sees you. Sooner or later you'll not wanna go there.

So how can I best deal with these twerps?

2. Jimmys1000

Jimmys1000 Full Squid

NNID:
    Jimmys1000
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0138-6016-8037
    As long as you are living in the US, you won’t be matched up with Japanese players often in ranked to prevent lag. Are you sure the players you encounter are Japanese?

3. Dessgeega

Dessgeega Squid Savior From the Future

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3756-0533-5215

Jimmy, fighting Japanese players is a daily occurrence now for many people, especially anyone on the west coast. When you get in a lobby and your name's the only one in English it's a safe assumption you're fighting Japanese.

What you're describing are both valid tactics and actual displays of skill. American players can also achieve mid-air kills as well and splashdown only has invincibility frames for certain parts of the special, accusing your opponent of cheating is a pretty poor attitude and not conducive to actually beating these players. That said, lag is definitely a factor when you're fighting Japanese players.

All that in mind, try to learn from these losses. Spawncamping generally happens due to a lack of skill. What is the enemy doing? What do your allies do in response? Can you get out of spawn and attempt to flank? I can't give more specific advice as it stands but observing your gameplay and trying to figure out how exactly things go awry is a good start.

Kamliee and AllToonedUp like this.
  4. birdiebee

birdiebee Inkling Commander

NNID:
    birdiebee
    This is such a tired complaint. There is no discernible difference between western and Japanese players other than your own pre-conceived notions creating a bias and skewing your experience.

I play with Japanese players because I live here. And I don't blame my losses on the fact that they are Japanese.

5. zzmorg82

zzmorg82 Pro Squid

NNID:
    zzmorg82
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2476-2506-3411
    Geological bias; you live in Japan, therefore the majority of the time you get matched together with them. It's not a surprise that you've grown accustomed to a mean of their skill sets and tactics. /s

Seriously, I've ran into numerous Japanese people on this game who ever average players at best. There have been a few that I ran into that were on another level though; I love those type of matches.

6. thundasi

thundasi Senior Squid

@Dessgeega Said it all, but I still gotta chime in.
    Japan has a huge player base. to say they are top tier is crazy, and to assume a racial ethnicity has an edge is laughable. If you are getting spawn camped that badly stand in the bubble and LOOK where they are before you zerg in, prep specials with bombs to build your special. Duck into the spawn if it gets that serious even. People play aggressive its just that type of game.

the likes this.
  7. _Koriko_

_Koriko_ Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3709-6740-5598
    Let me just say this.

Splatoon blew up in Japan. It's popularity there was insane. I can't exactly pin why, but we know that the Japan Splatoon 2 player base has a lot of hardcore players. Thus, they are able to pull off crazy stunts like sniping you in the few frames you don't have invincibility for splashdown. So them being insanely good at this game shouldn't really that big of a surprise.

Just look at how they play and use it to make yourself better. Or an even better option, train yourself so that you can take them all out.

Just my thoughts on this.