• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ancho-V Games NOW RELEASED!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031

Ancho-V Games, the final stage to be released for Splatoon, is coming tomorrow. Considering that I'm most likely going to be snowed in the rest of the week, I might as well look forward to seeing how those propeller fans work while lamenting the fact that we won't be getting any more stages after this.

Also, the Lab posted this tidbit on their Tumblr:
Keep an eye out for some of the jellyfish development team, hard at work (and under a strict NDA!) on their next title. Hope they don’t mind the mess!
I can't help but feel that was directed towards Nikki and Co.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
It was probably more a reference to the fact that the Splatoon team is working on their next title but can't talk about it yet. (be it a new Splatoon, AC, or something else)

I'm both looking forward to playing on the map and dreading it at the same time, I was hoping for more, but I knew it was likely this was the last one. Hopefully it's a good final stage though!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
So I had a few stages and some recon in this stage. The vertical lift fans in the center are good places to shoot to briefly escape enemy fire and traverse areas otherwise inaccessible. That said, the edges are also inkable so you might not be safe on them for long if an enemy inks them up and sneak-attacks you. On the other hand, the fans near the spawn points are really only there to provide alternate paths to the center and little else--I'm pretty sure the enemies won't be able to access them even though they'll be able to throw their bombs and whatnot over. Overall, a good compact stage to fight in, sorta like Walleye but more square.

Also, I took a look at the Splat Zones map. Sadly, the zone doesn't include the lifts.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I did a recon and a game on this stage and I'm liking it overall. The multiple paths are nice, and the huge bases really concentrate the action in the middle. As a splatling main the fans are harder to use though.

Lil_Gonz

Inkling
NNID
Macho21798
In my opinion, I think this is probably one of my tops 5 list of best maps in splatoon. I think the layout is very well done and I love the fan mechanic tbh. But that's only my opinion by the way.

Scones

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shcones
I love this map. It has a lot of ground for my trusty Inkbrush to rack up the points. The middle is fairly open but you can crank up the fan platforms for either extra cover, or to jump to your opponent's side of the map. There are a few very strong sniper spots as well. Also note that when the middle fan platforms are raised, you can ink some of their sides and climb up them.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Question: how much damage do the ink globs from the fans do? Because if it is enough, than I'd recommend running some Defense Ups whenever this comes into rotation (specifically on Splat Zones and Turf War, since fans play a big part in securing the middle).

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Sadly Im at work... Hows the paths for chargers and inkzookas?
You'll be happy to know that this isn't a charger dominated map. All perches where they can shoot are in very vulnerable positions. If they dont see you coming, you can splat them with even short range weapons because they are in easy reach. Inkzookas are terrible for this map. They are many enclosed and tight spaces as well as obstacles which completely block inkzooka shots. I really like this map because it's mercifully good for short range weapons. There are quite a few places to hide, and it's excellent to get a jump on people. I can't say I dislike anything about this map besides the fan-like switches which make platforms raise up. Sometimes they get in the way of a splat. Still though, it's a really good map and very easy to learn.

Alpha359

Full Squid
NNID
voyagersonic
Well guess I'm in minority as I honestly don't like this stage that much. I'm not saying it's bad, I like the moving platforms mechanic and I like the indoors feel to the stage. However it's definitely not one of my favourites, I think, especially for Splat Zones, that the stage is too closed in, this is especially so when the two adjacent platforms to the zone rise, I found that I was left with little room to do combat. That's just me personally, I'm really happy for those of you who do like it, though I personally don't.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
I've only played it in TW, and not knowing what to expect, I took octoshot and carbon in and left the long guns at home. But from what I've seen I really like this stage. Someone compared it to Walleye, but I don't think it plays much like walleye at all, it just feels that way because it's an indoor map. I think ti's more of a hybrid of Mahi & Museum. The compact, square center of Mahi, with the large interior base and single point of access of Museum. And like Museum there's a lot of alternate paths out of the spawn, so I don't see spawncamps being nearly the issue they are in Warehouse.

I don't know yet how it will fair for eliter, but it looks like a great map for hydras. The various nooks & crannies seems like there would be a lot of places for a "roving sniper" to take good stealth shots from. I think it's splat charger/splattershot that will struggle most here.

Like @Ryuji said, the first thing I noticed is, like museum, inkzooka is nearly worthless here. As someone who runs a lot of weapons that come with inkzooka, I don't like that - but as someone that actually dislikes inkzooka in general, I don't mind so much.

Overall I think the final stage is a big win. One of my preferred maps, and I think I'll enjoy this in rotation more than Warehouse, mackarel, and underpass.

Award

I haven't tried sprinklers yet, maybe tonight if it's in rotation I'll try CHydra there.

But that reminds me one thing I forgot to mention is I noticed carbon roller flings seem to move the fans/platforms more per fling that individual bullets of, say, octoshot, so the fans do seem to be balanced based on the inking needs of different weapons.

Has anyone tried a full charger shot on it to see if it does a big spin in one hit?

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
I can say this, I tried to use a blaster on this map and got a 15/6 in SZ. So I can safely say this is a close quarters combat map.

Sgr Jay

Inkling
NNID
James
I actually found a really good spot for chargers in tc and rainmaker. Once your team makes it about half way to the goal, hit the opposite fan in the center and there should be an indentation at the top of the wall. You can jump in there and you can get pretty much anyone coming from the opposite spawn. And if you need ink just jump down and refill and then boost the fan back up. It helped a lot end game to get the final push

This does not apply for splat zones

Last edited:

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Played a few more matches today, and I must say that Carbon Roller's pretty decent on this map. Sure, the Inkzooka isn't as good as usual but there are sweet spots to nail foes if you aim it well. And besides, Burst Bombs with Bomb Range Up is a good dissuasion tool against Chargers trying to perch at certain areas.

Also, I'm seeing a trend where the match is decided by whichever team doesn't have someone falling to their doom in the first few seconds. Hopefully that won't be a thing for long.

Last edited:

Award

There aren't too many mas Carbon isn't good on! But I'm finding it's an excellent eliter level, contrary to some of the early posts. The runner at the front right is indeed a great perch with windows into the side perches for the other teams snipers - and unscoped eliter DOES reach the likely perch spots been teams. Not sure Custom Eliter has a place here, though, unfortunately. Like Mahi it's not big enough to justify the need for rapid movement versus just jumping to spawn.

Also, I'm seeing a trend where the match is decided by whichever team doesn't have someone falling to their doom in the first few seconds. Hopefully that won't be a thing for long.
LOL, it's just like Mahi, though it's a lot harder for experienced players to keep jumping to their doom long after the map's release! ;)

Nozzlepops

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Nozzles
I'm really pleased with this map! I like how they incorporated the fan mechanics from 1p mode to move/raise the platforms, I wish small things like that were present on other maps. This map definitely beats more recent additions like Museum and Mahi Mahi though, imo.

Alpha359

Full Squid
NNID
voyagersonic
I'm really pleased with this map! I like how they incorporated the fan mechanics from 1p mode to move/raise the platforms, I wish small things like that were present on other maps. This map definitely beats more recent additions like Museum and Mahi Mahi though, imo.
I agree that the fan mechanics from single player are a great addition and like you I wish they implemented mechanics such as these on other maps. Though I personally like Mahi Mahi a lot more than Ancho-v Games simply because Mahi Mahi is a lot more spread out.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Say, did anyone get to play Rainmaker in its debut? I don't think I saw it in rotation for that mode at all. Doesn't help that Inkipedia's got nothing either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom