• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Ancient Mariners recruitment

Captain Haddock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iDad_1
I'm recruiting for more 'mature' squad-mates, (in age, if not attitude), to help each other rank up. This is more for weekend warriors than serious competitive players - I don't get the time to play much during the week. I'm in the UK and usually play Fridays and Saturdays after 10pm. Would like to talk a mixture of tactics and rubbish on Teamspeak or that new-fangled Discord.

If you're interested, leave a message below or PM me.

http://squidboards.com/groups/ancient-mariners.1005/?wtype=public

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm a USian, but most of my Saturdays are chill enough to where I can join on time. Yet I'm on vacation currently, so I won't be in-game till next week.

Haven't used TeamSpeak before. Normally just Skype. Jusr niw started learning how to use Discord.

Are eligible members required to reach a certain rank? Are members exclusive to the group or allowed to be part of other nonexclusive bands?

Captain Haddock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iDad_1
Hi Ansible, I can wait! I'll send you a friend request - my NNID is iDad_1.

Let's try Discord - it's supposed to be better than Skype, but we can always use that as a fall-back.

There aren't any rank restrictions here. My original thoughts were that we would just try to help each other improve. I guess that the only restriction is that you need to be at least Level 10, so that you can play Ranked Battles. I'm Level 50 and have recently dropped back down to B+ for about the third time.

I've got no problem with members playing in other groups as well. It would be a bit harsh to say you can't play with anyone else, when I normally only get on about twice a week!

One thing that makes a good squad is having a balanced selection of weapons. I've mainly focused on the short to mid range shooters - my current favourite is my Octoshot Replica. What are your weapon preferences?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I mainly preferred trying to play with everything. And I still tend to, at leaat in Turf Wars.

But, in attempting to climb the rank ladder with so many shooters and rollers in my matches, I've taken to filling out long and short range support roles. Other times I'll instead opt for area control position hoping it'll make a few matches easier. It feels that since hitting B I'm not allowed to muck around as much anymore, and I often have to pull extra duties and be on point during a match if I want to climb higher.

For long range I play with chargers. Any of them. But I'm still trying to get a handle on the E-liter series. Everything else is all whoomy. Short range I stick to all the brushes, using the octos if I have to be more aggressive. For area control it was often heavy and hydra splatlings, but I'm slowly coming around on sloshers for those times I just want to ink everything and hope my team sorts it out.

PYG

Inkling
NNID
PYG_42
OK, I was competent enough to follow directions.....

Captain Haddock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iDad_1
Hi Pyg, good to see you! Things are on hold a bit here, as I got the flashing blue light of death on my Wii U just before Easter. I've just received the details from Nintendo to send it off for repair.

Captain Haddock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iDad_1
I've had confirmation that they've started work on the repair today, so it won't be back until some time next week. I should be back in action in time for the Spongebob Splatfest...

ZootFluteRiot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZootFluteRiot
I'm a US Squid, and as a graduate student, I am up at all hours and when I need a break, I play Splatoon. I tend to do most of it on weekends. So if you're looking for another squid, my NNID is ZootFluteRiot!

Captain Haddock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iDad_1
I'm a US Squid, and as a graduate student, I am up at all hours and when I need a break, I play Splatoon. I tend to do most of it on weekends. So if you're looking for another squid, my NNID is ZootFluteRiot!
I'll send you a friend request when I get my WiiU back, hopefully in the next couple of days.

Captain Haddock

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iDad_1
I've got my Wii U back in time for the Splatfest. Nintendo did the repair for free and gave me a year's warranty, even though I bought it over three years ago! That should see me through to when the NX is released ;)

Lets try to get together next weekend. Saturday evening, 11pm UK time will be about 5pm for you?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yeah, that sounds correct for my timezone. No further major events and festivals should be occurring where I am til mid-May or such. I should be ready to roll this Saturday.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Will we be using Discord or skype?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom