• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer looks like a shameless cash grab

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
is anyone here actually gonna buy that?
YOU'RE A SHAMELESS CASH GRAB! QUIT HATING THINGS I LIKE! WHY CANT YOU LOVE ME LIKE YOU USED TO!!!!!11!!!!!11!

For real tho, I'm pretty hype for both Animal Crossing games revealed at E3. I don't see either of them being a cash grab aside from simply being Amiibo Based, but hopefully the cards aren't going to be terabad. Not to mention, both games seem to provide something completely different, yet lacking in the original Animal Crossings, and why people see that has a bad thing I will not understand. Sure getting a new AC game would be pgreat, but the series is currently lacking in areas that could be worth looking into. Really, really hope that AC mario party type game is better than the mario party games of today, it certainly looks like it so far.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
I agree, it does not look very good. Why would i want to design other peoples homes instead of just play regular AC? Ive been waiting for a GOOD AC game for the wiiu with tons of gameplay, thats the same style as the old ones. Not "mario party" or "be an ikea worker".

SO I AM VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINT

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
Ive been waiting for a GOOD AC game for the wiiu with tons of gameplay, thats the same style as the old ones. Not "mario party" or "be an ikea worker".
but.. but... ikea worker simulator has some new features... like designing outside of a home and hanging light fixtures on the ceiling and best of all...
walking between the tight space of a chair and a table wedged next to eachother, plus it builds upon an existing part of animal crossing.... designing homes...
i can't defend amiibo festival though, as that one isn't a proper spinoff.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
oh boy..that sounds so fun..next thing you know theyll make you fill out the paperwork for every piece of furniture you place in their house. i mean i guess its fine if its actually yknow, a regular AC game where you can fish and catch bugs but im like 90% sure thats not the case. Its literally just about being a department store consultant , which sounds awful. You can customize the outside of your house in new leaf, i mean its not that in depth but it was something.....

Cadet Strongarm

Pro Squid
NNID
GothicNightmare
oh boy..that sounds so fun..next thing you know theyll make you fill out the paperwork for every piece of furniture you place in their house. i mean i guess its fine if its actually yknow, a regular AC game where you can fish and catch bugs but im like 90% sure thats not the case. Its literally just about being a department store consultant , which sounds awful. You can customize the outside of your house in new leaf, i mean its not that in depth but it was something.....
it's more like being a real estate agent and who wants to play a video game like that?

papaya

Inkster Jr.
I want it. Designing is one of my favorite parts in Animal Crossing so a game about that seems interesting enough to me.

I can't say that I'm not disappointed we didn't get a full-blown game for the Wii U, though.

Scoot

Inkling
NNID
Scootpilgrim
I want it. Designing is one of my favorite parts in Animal Crossing so a game about that seems interesting enough to me.

I can't say that I'm not disappointed we didn't get a full-blown game for the Wii U, though.
I agree with Papaya

As a fan of Animal Crossing and games like The Sims that allow you to take customization/designing to another play style I am very much so looking forward to Happy Home Designer, it should be a nice casual game for me to play on the bus to uni or just in my spare time.

Being able to design/create rooms in Animal Crossing for me is a very big part of the experience of playing AC, so having a game dedicated to creating AC rooms is exciting for me.

I am however unhappy with AC: Festival.

Either way I am excited for Happy Home :D

Goddess Yami

Inkster Jr.
I'm on the fence.

My favorite part of AC is buying things for your home. What always annoyed me that the games never allowed truly design them. For example your can't perfectly line up a chair to a table. Seems silly, but I'm weird like that. Seeing the gameplay at E3 really has sold me on this game. They really fleshed out designing homes and the fact you can create an outdoor space. Judging by the gameplay you can walk around the town and have a home. I was worried that there was no over world to explore. However the ambiio cards are holding me back. I really don't want to buy the adapter for ambiios for the 3DS. I love my old 3DS and as of now it seems unlikely that I will by the New 3DS. Because once I buy it I know they will announce the next gen handheld. I just know it. I also just don't want to the buy the cards in general! At least the ambiio figures make nice decorations. So I'm worried if I don't buy the cards then I won't be able to enjoy everything that this game has to offer.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
I looked into it a lot more, amiibo festival is a letdown but Happy home room is looking great to me, there's so much customization i'd probably spend an hour picking a door for somebodies house, depends if you're into that. I imagine a new game will be on the way as well, it's not that long since new leaf so this game should help the wait go down :D

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Happy Home designer actually looks pretty nice imo. One of my favourite aspects of New Leaf was decorating your house, and the Amiibo cards are a cool throwback to the old Animal Crossing e-cards.

However, Amiibo Festival looks like a complete cash grab to me. Mario Party just seems better graphics wise and gameplay wise, there seems to be no reason to pick this up if you aren't a fan of Animal Crossing. The art style of the game just looks really ugly to me and the models used in the Plaza looks so much better. The amiibo themselves look awesome though, so I'll probably end up getting the game just so I can have a reason to buy the amiibo.

ZestyN

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ZestyN
To me, Happy Home Designer just seems like glorified DLC, something that would be great to keep the New Leaf community alive. How they decided that it was a good idea for a game is way beyond me.

I think there's a quote somewhere about the AC devs only making Amiibo Festival to get AC amiibos.

So yeah, obvious cash-grabs.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Happy Home Designer looks fine, I thought it was going to be bad until they showed more gameplay of it. The board game one, though, looks pretty bad.

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
I'm honestly pretty excited for Happy Home Designer, it's not just a simple home creator, you're designing quite a few homes and buildings in general (as well as outdoor space) and have to actually put quite a bit of thought into what you're designing, as it has to stick to a certain style, while still letting you be creative with it. I like what I've seen, and definitely want the game.

As for Amiibo Festival, it looks like trash in every way. Although I guess it's at the very least a step ahead of Mario Party in that it actually has online play.

Gammalad

Inkling
As a person who is a huge Animal Crossing fan, I have to say no, it looks like a game made for people who enjoy the home decoration part of the game, I only find it odd that its a full price 3DS game and not a game for $29.99 like Mario Golf was.

Mayana

Full Squid
NNID
wolfxdog
I have HHD on pre-order, but it's a tentative one. As much as I adore Animal Crossing, the home design aspect was never my favourite; planting trees/flowers to watch them grow and fishing was. So I'm a little on the fence with it, but I'll make my decision after watching some more playthroughs as time goes on.
The cards, though, are pretty cute.

I don't think Amiibo Festival even needs a mention from me imo, I don't like it one bit so far. : /

IxaVerse

Senior Squid
NNID
Uselessguy12
I want a political based Animal Crossing game where you can make your village into a simple republic or a dictatorship that you rule. But making houses seems cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom