• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Animal Crossing Social Thread

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
I think there's already a thread for this, but if there is, it's dead. Sooooo yay a place on the forums to discuss AC! :D

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I have a New Leaf town I just made. The town is Autumn based and the Mayor living in it is Winter based since the end of the year is my favorite. I do like to Time Travel to get the Villagers I want. Because no one likes having Quillson in their village.

Last edited:

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
The music in New Leaf is fantastic, but it took Nintendo two games to actually compose new songs for the hourly music. I will never understand why City Folk has nearly the exact same music as Wild World.

I feel I was blessed by based Nook today, 'cause Quillson let me know he's moving. Hopefully I can do the reset trick right and get Marshal to move in his place, I had Julian in my old town, so I want Squirrel Bieber for this town.

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
My town is forest/woods based, so I'm trying to get animals that live in forests to go with my theme. So far I've got only two animals that could actually live in forests. >.> Pecan and Coco.

I don't have HHD yet either. It seems a bit overpriced for a game where you simply design buildings and yards. :/

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
My town is forest/woods based, so I'm trying to get animals that live in forests to go with my theme. So far I've got only two animals that could actually live in forests. >.> Pecan and Coco.

I don't have HHD yet either. It seems a bit overpriced for a game where you simply design buildings and yards. :/
That's a nice idea for a theme. New Leaf in particular offers a lot to help you with your theme as you go. Pecan and Coco are nice villagers. And yeah, my 3DS was the HHD one, but I gave away my game code to my brother. To me, it offers very little and my SD card space is precious. It's laughable that HHD is $40 here in the USA, but New Leaf is $35.

I have played every game.
I don't have HHD yet
It's nice to see another AC player who played every game. I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as you having played every game but HHD. It doesn't interest me and it's not worth $40 to me. So unless it gets a price drop, HHD and amiibo Festival are the only AC games I won't play. Which angers me that amiibo Festival feels like a middle finger to those who wanted a traditional AC on the Wii U just to sell more plastic toys.

Anyway, I was forced to make a new file due to my old system breaking on me and I bought a new one. After 5 days of calling Nintendo and downloading two very large games, I'm playing New Leaf. Although I am a big cheating mayor this time around.

Right now I am doing a massive time traveling run and getting my old buildings and stuff back while also cycling the villagers I don't like for villagers I want to keep. It's a time consuming process and my grass is dying really fast as a result. I got Drago to move in and soon, I'm planning to have someone move out so I can villager reset my town for Marshal. (You're guaranteed a certain villager personality type to randomly move in if you don't have any currently living in your town as long as that type wasn't the last one to recently move out of your town).

If Diana, Muffy, Molly, or Drago (Freshly moved in villagers may want to move out only days after moving in oddly enough) want to move, they're getting stopped. If anybody else wants to go, I won't stop them, sadly.

Last edited:

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
*sighs* Yeah, I think Nintendo may be getting a little too carried away with the amiibo... It was a nice idea at first, but its getting kind of annoying now... I want an actual full Animal Crossing game for Wii U! :c

Huh... Coco just said the fishing tourney is this Saturday... I never saw any notes on my bulletin board about it or anything... >.> I don't really like fishing though so I guess it doesn't matter.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I'll be participating in the Fishing Tournament for that Golden Trophy. It shouldn't be hard as fishing is one of my favorite activities.

Finally got Marshal to move in aafter Naomi moved out and Clyde is moving soon. I think I'm done time traveling for now. There's too many villagers I like in my town now and I don't want to risk losing any of them at this point and I got enough decent buildings in town. I don't have the cafe or the museum upgrade yet because Redd hasn't showed up in my town just yet for me to buy a legitimate piece of art for the museum.

Last edited:

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
I have the museum upgrade and the Dream Suite and almost Katrina's place, yet I still don't have Club LOL and I still have T&T Mart. I'm kind of getting fed up with Shrunk at this point; its been over a week since I had the petition signed...

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Just to make sure, you did hand over the Signatures to Shrunk, right?

Club LOL is odd. It took me while I was time traveling, about 8-10 days before it opened up. I don't think there's a clear cut answer on just how long it actually takes to open up. Also, the Nookling stores are easy to upgrade except T.I.Y. which requires you to pass Gracie's fashion test three times on top of the other requirements.

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
I haven't really been buying anything from T&T Mart except the Sleek collection when it happens to be there so that's probably why it hasn't upgraded yet. >.< I kinda forgot the requirements... In my old town I got to T.I.Y..

If Club LOL doesn't open tomorrow, I think I'm going to scream. I'm tired of only having DJ KK to play in my house (I got it at my friend's T.I.Y. once) and I want KK Sonata... .-.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
That's probably it then. Each store has a time requirement where the store needs to be open for X amount of days. And each store needs to have a certain amount of bells spent there. For the bells to count towards the total, it has to be stuff that gets replaced with a "sold out" sign like furniture and carpet/wallpaper. The spooky series on sale this month is a great way to build up the bells spent there as each piece sells for a sub 4K bells.

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
Bump! :c

I have every building now except for T&T Emporium and the Fortune Teller thing. I've also taken it upon myself to collect every single K.K. Slider song there is. :3 Right now I have 13 songs but my friend is going to order me some later.

Also the mole crickets are freaking ANNOYING. .-. I hate hearing that buzzing sound and digging like 20 holes just to make it stop. ;A;

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Bump! :c

I have every building now except for T&T Emporium and the Fortune Teller thing. I've also taken it upon myself to collect every single K.K. Slider song there is. :3 Right now I have 13 songs but my friend is going to order me some later.

Also the mole crickets are freaking ANNOYING. .-. I hate hearing that buzzing sound and digging like 20 holes just to make it stop. ;A;
Grats on the song collection, don't forget to actually stop by on Saturday nights to see K.K. Enough visits will net you his pic.

Haven't ran into a mole cricket yet but I will soon. I have the emporium and finally got my favorite outfit in the game, I had to time travel to spring to get it though. I also got Fang to move in along the way so that checks off my cranky dream villager. Now I just need a great peppy villager(I'm thinking Rosie) , and a great jock (I have no idea just yet) and I'm set.

The only thing I'm missing in the plaza is the Fortune Teller's. I hope Katrina can show up but all I get is Saharah and Gulliver that week. >_>
Also got the police station. Copper is so cool.

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
I have Booker in my police station. :3 I forgot to go to Club LOL this past Saturday if it was even open because Halloween DX Next time I'm going to get Stale Cupcakes because I still don't have all the ones I want to play in my house yet.
I don't really have any dream villagers and I wouldn't tt to get them if I did... >.< I just sort of played with what I got... And I have new favorite villagers now. Coco, Pippy, Pecan... I have bunnies and squirrels so now I need a bear, deer, and possibly a bird.

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Oh, nice. I heard Booker is pretty cool. You don't have to TT to get your Dream Villagers, but it will take a long time. It it faster if you get dream villagers from other players. I think you can ask them to move to your town if they're packed up with their boxes in someone else's town. This is how some players "sell" or "trade" them. There's so many good villagers in this game though so it's easy to find favorites. And you don't want to TT, it's frustrating and boring just to get a villager you want.

I also forgot about Club LOL because Halloween was on the same day. I'll get one of those songs only gotten from request, I think it had something to do with "Strolling"? I'll need to look up it's actual name. Stale Cupcakes is a nice song, I mostly use it with the Snowman/Ice Furniture due to sounding kinda of like snowy music.

So I got my dream Jock by complete chance. I forgot to villager reset yesterday so I could get a villager I want and I found Bam's new plot when I was playing yesterday. That was really lucky.

Tentatek

Inkling
NNID
AmphaGooMarill
I think my friend has Bluebear, and I need a cub, so I'll ask her if I can have her. Most of the cubs are so cute >w<

Hm, I've had T.I.Y. for like a week and haven't seen Gracie in my plaza or wherever she's supposed to be :c I want to buy more fancy not-so-expensive GracieGrace clothes and shoes >.< My whole C storage and part of my A storage and a room in my house is totally full with clothes. I keep saying that I'm going to wear them eventually but probably never will because I always find new QR code clothes to wear >.< Its stupid, but I spend at least 15 minutes every morning deciding what to wear in ACNL...

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
I believe Gracie doesn't actually show up until you have completed the other requirements to upgrading to the emporium. At least I know you have to spend at least 100K at the T.I.Y. before she gets shuffled into the randoms visitor rotation but I'm not sure about the amount of days T.I.Y. must be open for. There's also only two possible days she could show up in the week from Mon-Fri. Since the game sets two for Pete, and one for Redd. You could get Gulliver, Saharah, Katrina or Gracie. The annoying part is that you need to pass four tests before you get the upgrade which takes about a couple of months on average if you don't TT.

If your friend doesn't want Bluebear, then when she's in boxes go to her town and talk to her until she asks to move in to yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom