• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Another weapon idea

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Okay, I just came up with another idea for a weapon, and this one is way cooler than my last! Okay, so how about you could use an electric guitar as a weapon! Sounds cool huh? It'd be called the Jammer and it would act sort of like a support weapon. It's primary fire would be something like the blaster's shot, but a bit thicker and faster. Its real kicker is that if you push another button, your inkling plays a power chord that gives a temporary damage boost to any teammates in range. It has a long cool down though, so you'd have to use it wisely. I'm thinking it would havesuction bombs for sub and the baller for special. I think this definitely has to be my best idea yet! How about you?

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
Hmm interesting idea. i do love the idea of instruments as weapons but not sure if it would fit in to the aesthetic of the game. I think that could work though as like a splatfest themed weapon or special like how they give you the splatefest tee. so it could be like guitars vs drums (im team drum ^-^ ) and with whatever side you choose you would unlock that special weapon to use during splatfest. i think that would add a new layer to the theme of a splatfest

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Hmm interesting idea. i do love the idea of instruments as weapons but not sure if it would fit in to the aesthetic of the game. I think that could work though as like a splatfest themed weapon or special like how they give you the splatefest tee. so it could be like guitars vs drums (im team drum ^-^ ) and with whatever side you choose you would unlock that special weapon to use during splatfest. i think that would add a new layer to the theme of a splatfest
Why wouldn't it fit in? I mean, we can already use a flippin' UMBRELLA as a weapon, so why not a guitar?

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
Hmm good point ^-^ well in that case im sure they could alter it in way like they did the brella to make it work

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
i imagine that power cord special attack to be like the splash down. You jump up real high and then WHAM! land in a sonic pulse of ink around you with awesome guitar sound effects.

Or new idea on that. make it like a curling bomb but instead its a power slide :D where you like launch forward in a power slide and then big burst of ink

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Yeah, I wasn't planning on the power cord to be a special attack. It would just be an ability you could use with it, sort of like how you can shoot the brella forwards. I don't know if weapons should have special attacks that are completely specific to that weapon and nothing else.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
hehe sorry ^-^ when i get ideas i get carried away. it would be unfair for it to have its own exclusive special attack so definitely making it like an extra function of the weapon (like the brellas shield) would be ideal. i love the idea of giving your team a temporary damage up with the power cord. if you pair that with the ink armor then that could be quite effective at pushing the objective in ranked matches

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom