• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Any advice for Clam blitz in S rank?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
heeey everyone! sup? :D

it's been awhile i actually been asking for some adice on here but since i finally reached S rank with CB which i already find a huge accomplishment! :D but i have to admit..stuff seem even more chaotic then A rank!

like i had multiple matches where my teams just refuse to defend and just wanna be offensive all the time.i get it you need to be offensive as well but you need to defend too when it's needed,and i notice alot that i am often 1 of the first to actually react when the basket needs to be defended..i can say that in A rank i had more teams who actually did a great job at balancing defense and offense cause i do the same! but these offensive only teams frustrate me so much since the enemy has won multiple matches cause my team wasn't around to help me defend,i try my hardest but even i get splatted eventually and even then my team does not seem to react..i already made it to the OK line 2 times before starting over cause thise whole offensive only play keeps happening ALOT

while my performance is still just as good as it was in A rank does mean i can do it and handle my own but idk or i should be the one adepting or not? in my opinion the teams seem much more focused on being offensive now

and if i should adept..then what do i need to change cause now CB is even more frustration for me..it is a good thing Splatoon 2 does not have voice chat in these situations haha ^^''

so what can i do to improve in S rank for CB?.i use the octobrush nouveau in CB lately cause that just seem to work best for me.

XLNCgamer

Inkling
Congrats on making it to S Rank! I personally see the best results when I worry mostly about map control, and not so much what my team is doing. Nothing beats a team that communicates with each other, but that isn't usually the case. If you can keep the majority of the map your color the whole match, you will gain more Powerclams than the enemy, allowing you more chances to break their basket. It also allows those hyper-aggressive teammates room to move and escape from bad encounters. It allows your defensive teammates to position where they want. For example, I use the Kensa Splat Roller instead of the vanilla Splat Roller for bombs and bubbles; which allows me to be aggressive but still help with map control. Just keep up the practice and you will find what works for you.

saint_kthulhu

Full Squid
First off you can’t win every game. There will be things that happen that are out of your control. Clam Blitz is notorious for that more than any other modes. But there is a lot that you can control.

I want to say that you should look to fill the roles that your teammates are vacating. But sitting back and playing defense with the Octobrush would be a poor use of its skill set. Brushes are the biggest point scoring threat in clams. So you should definitely be focusing on being the frontline offense.

I’m repeating what I’ve heard elsewhere, but in the long run you’re better off playing the role that best suits your weapon.

That said, in clam blitz everyone should be playing offense. And everyone should be playing defense. Depending on the game flow. Basically no one should be hanging by their own basket for 5+ minutes.

IMO one of the most important things you can do is watch the status bars at the top of the screen, which show (1) how many players are alive for each team and (2) how many total clams each team has, (3) who has a special ready.

Those status numbers alone can be a strong indicator of whether you should be playing offense or defense.

Last edited:

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
This isn't the greatest tip (It will sure help your game tho), but those little clusters of 4 clams you find will respawn if you take all of them... or not if you only take three near your opponent's base! Also, the more clams you have, the less your opponent's have.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I myself am still trying to figure out the most optimal way to play clams (at least in a competitive setting), but I have reached X rank in clams by basically just killing a lot and scoring whenever the opportunity arises. Really in coordinated cb you wanna hold map control and get a bunch of clams then push to their basket with specials, or have a baller go to their basket and everyone jumps to them by the basket with power clams to score. But something I can't stress enough in solo cb, especially the higher you get, look at the map and pay attention to what your teammates are doing and jump to the basket when you have a power clam and your teammate is at the basket. No one pays attention enough to super jump in solo cb and it costs games. But yeah don't play defense by the basket the whole time. You have to be making frontline plays and holding the map in your control like splat zones while you collect clams, then push to basket with specials. Please don't just suicide for the basket whenever you have a power clam.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Here is my advice for clam blitz:
You always want to have some clams on you, gauge based on confidence and your mobility...when using charger I usually have 3 or 4 on me where with a shooter I usually have 4 to 5 have minimum

You also gain special when holding a power clam (especially in disadvantage) so hand this to a backliner, or give clams to a player who has bubbler, baller, or booyah bomb to build special for a push

Beackons are an insanely useful sub in this mode as player will usually lose track, plus with sub up they provide a team SJ buff (and after patch can be used twice

Lastly stay close to your basket, work on building special and holding mid, only go for pushes if:
- Your team has pushed in with specials
-The Enemy team is down players
-The enemy tean is full pushing (most time you can wipe them or at catch them off guard with a flanks)

I am currently only 100 or so off from 2400 X in CB, (I recently won a match against top 500 playing as a neo sploosh and acting like I was playing charger...)

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
If the basket is in danger, use "This Way!" to get your team's attention.
In rank S, I had team mates spam "This way!" and as I respawned, I immediatly got they wanted someone to grab the superclam because they had a push in mind, so that's what we did. We pushed and won by preventing the opponent from getting overtime. Also, looking at the map when you have a superclams and are safe from ennemy is a good way to position yourself, what if an ally is near te basket and has a wide area covered? That could be good to keep in mind. Clam blitz as far as I've played and reached S+ only using a bamboozler proved me that the game mode is heavy on working as a team more then the other modes. While other modes are more rewarding for doing your own things, clam blitz is more rewarding for working with your team. You can also throw the super clam to relay it to an ally, doing a lot of back and forth can confuse the ennemies that don't know on who to focus.

DOing so is abusing the fact that you see a lot of aggressive player more then defensive or flexible players. By juggling the super clams, you're confusing those that play offensives and abusing their need to attack by shifting their priority.

Wetboy >.<

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0714-7625-4602
My advice is that, once you collect 9 clams, get your teammates to come to you with “This Way” for your defense, grab another clam when you’re near the basket, and shoot as soon as you have the super clam. Ninja Squid is pretty important if you hang around their basket. Also, never shy away from passing clams to your teammates. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom