• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any excellent squelch mains out there?

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Hi, my Group 'The Painting Mantis' is in search of a player who considers themselves a excellent Dual/Jet Squelch user. If you feel you are and are looking for a skillful and tactical minded team please consider joining us.

We're a very competitive group of skillful players who play to win but at the same time play to have fun. There are no obligations other than to play when you're able to, play hard, efficient, and smart.

Before anyone can join though I would first ask if they could please fill out the following information down below. Then once selected I would like to set up some ranked or private lobbies to test your abilities as well as see how we work together as a team. Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this!

Here's a link to our group page http://squidboards.com/groups/the-painting-mantis.336/extra?type=information

~Application Form~

-Timezone:
-Availability:
-Which Squelcher set do you like to main and why?:
-What Gear do you main with your Squelcher and why?:
-Current Rank:
-Describe your play style and tactics:
-Are you good with other weapons? :

Jugglec

Inkster Jr.
I might be a good fit for your squad. I'm rank A 85, I will be going for A+ later tonight. I main the dual squeltch with splat bombs and echo. My time zone is CTS, I'm a stay at home dad so I can play almost any time and I tend to stay up late. I have tried all the weapons and feel like that set works the best for me. I sometimes switch to the .96 gal deco in tower control as I like taking the tower with the kraken. As for my play style I use the splat bombs quite a bit to zone out enemies, put quick ink in a splat zone, and I've gotten extremely good at landing them on the tower in tower control. I typically use gear with ink saver main and sub, then put whatever I'm in the mood for as my third main slot, special up or run speed maybe. I usually take the long way in and try to approach from the side or back when a match starts, but that's only because I play with randoms and we can't decide who is going where. I play aggressive by default but have been working on being more patient and waiting for my team before rushing in. I really want to play in tournaments so I'm looking for a squad that makes that a priority. I'm also decent with rollers and a bucket, I can hold my own with a brush, but give me a charger and you will think I'm playing for the other team... I suck with chargers. Thanks for the consideration. -Juggleclimber

Jugglec

Inkster Jr.
I got that A+ by the way, I'm now A+ 42 (any time I rank up I always play at least one more before stopping so I can prove to myself that I deserve to be there) Oh, and looking back at my post the time zone is central standard time so that's CST not CTS.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
I might be a good fit for your squad. I'm rank A 85, I will be going for A+ later tonight. I main the dual squeltch with splat bombs and echo. My time zone is CTS, I'm a stay at home dad so I can play almost any time and I tend to stay up late. I have tried all the weapons and feel like that set works the best for me. I sometimes switch to the .96 gal deco in tower control as I like taking the tower with the kraken. As for my play style I use the splat bombs quite a bit to zone out enemies, put quick ink in a splat zone, and I've gotten extremely good at landing them on the tower in tower control. I typically use gear with ink saver main and sub, then put whatever I'm in the mood for as my third main slot, special up or run speed maybe. I usually take the long way in and try to approach from the side or back when a match starts, but that's only because I play with randoms and we can't decide who is going where. I play aggressive by default but have been working on being more patient and waiting for my team before rushing in. I really want to play in tournaments so I'm looking for a squad that makes that a priority. I'm also decent with rollers and a bucket, I can hold my own with a brush, but give me a charger and you will think I'm playing for the other team... I suck with chargers. Thanks for the consideration. -Juggleclimber
Thx for all the info Jugglec! Give me about a day from now to give you some proper feedback. Also, at this moment in time, I personally do not have any means for team speak. Therefore joining a tournament is not my main priority for now seeing that we would be at a disadvantage. With that being said, we do win very often the majority of online matches together despite the lack of voice chat because we understand eachother's roles as well as our own.

For now we're just a competitive group that plays together.

Jugglec

Inkster Jr.
Thanks for the reply. I have used skype while playing so that works best for me if you guys go that direction. If you want we can play some private matches some time just to see how we like each others play style my NNID is Juggleclimber (big surprise)

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Thanks for the reply. I have used skype while playing so that works best for me if you guys go that direction. If you want we can play some private matches some time just to see how we like each others play style my NNID is Juggleclimber (big surprise)
If my teammates want to use skype with you then by all means feel free to use it. But like I mentioned before, I cannot join in skype unfortunately, my pc is broken. Will take time to afford a new one.

As far as adding eachother's nnid and playing a good amount of matches that would be great! My nnid is also the same as here hahaha. I'll be sure to add you in the near future.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
UPDATE: Not accepting any more squelch applications at this time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom