• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Any of you struggles with Clam Blitz?

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
I'll be blunt, I'm not the best out there, I got my flaws in clam blitz, I know I have them. I try to better myself and be a better sport for the team.

But dear lord WHY DOES NOBODY COMMUNICATE IN THAT MODE!? I'd have people in splatzone, where I'm rank X, we just booyah a lot when people splat someone, say ouch to warn of a danger in that area, this way to signal we're safe or to start pushing--- We communicate, we look after eachothers, we SUPER JUMP TO EACHOTHERS. Tower controls, we look out for the flanks and don't climb on the tower for no reason if there's already someone. Rainmaker, we don't all go forward blindly, we always leave someone with the rainmaker while the two other clear the way with the rainmaker holder in backups. So why is clam blitz a whole new system where people barely if ever communicate with others?

I have seriously only encountered 11 players that communicated, saying this way to advances and it wasn't blindly pressed, that when a member pressed Ouch, they suddenly became more defensive-- You know. Players who actually don't act like they can save the game alone. Than, there's those who literally try to be the MVP of the game, rush in alone, let's never use the beacons or super jump. Hell, I once was RIGHT NEXT to the basket and I keep spamming "This way!", the two player having a superclam on my team NEVER super jumped to me, EVER. They were not in danger, I was even looking at the map because no enemy was near me. But instead of retreating to superjump to me, they started going through the middles and obviously they all died. It was painful.

So why is clam blitz such a whole new world with this system of communication, why are so many players neglecting eachothers?

And if you made it through this half rant, tell me what do you do to communicate with your team in clam blitz? Do you have any tips? The more we see what kind of communication players give eachothers, maybe the more of us will be better players, at least I know I could use that. orz

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
CB is 1 of those modes that really seem impossible at times..you have no idea how much i went from winning streaks 1 day to losing streaks the next day >.< but the main thing that frustrates me is my teams are at times often offensive only teams and it ends up being me who have to stop the enemy from throwing the football in our basket..i would say 50% of the times i succeed in stopping them and other times i don't..my offensive only teams only come to help if the enemy already scored after i got splatted -.- this costed me multiple matches cause some teams refusing to play defensly when they have to,not saying all my teams were like this i also had teams that easily knew when to defend and when to be offensive.i can handle my own but i need a team to help me as well cause i always try my best but i cannot carry 3 team players..2 already is difficult but 3 is almost impossible for me.

but to answer your question..i gave up on communicating with my team they either don't listen or do something completely different..i try to be a good team player and try to follow a teammate if they say ''this way!'' but there were times i still got splatted that i think ''\why did you tell me to follow you?!'' or i am in a situation that i just can't follow them cause i gotta focus on a enemy trying to splat me x.x i cannot give tips sadly since i also need those myself for this mode haha..i struggle so much with CB.the last 20 seconds of CB are a hell for me...most of the matches i lost are due to those last damn 20 seconds...

Last edited:

Maave

Inkling Commander
Oh yeah it's a pain in the neck. I hardly communicate with my teammates, mostly I wait for opportunities (clear path on one side to the basket, I have a special, teammate fires a special, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom