• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Any tips on using a Kensa Sloshing Machine?

Merch_Andise

Inkster Jr.
NNID
solarOddity
Switch Friend Code
SW-1239-4877-3880
I've been looking to pick up the Kensa Machine for awhile, but tbh nothings been clicking. I've practiced using it in soloq turf wars, and i've brought it into Ranked a few times. But i'm still struggling to perform at a borderline decent level.

Is the something I'm doing wrong? I'm treating it like a slayer weapon, i'm leading my shots like you do with any slosher, but still nothing's happening. Keep in mind that I've been doing Brute-Force training with this thing for like, 3 days.

If anyones wondering, the current build i'm running with the Kensa Machine is,

Hat: COMEBACK, Special Saver, Special Saver, Special Saver
Shirt: SUB SAVER, Sub saver, Sub Saver, Sub Saver,
Shoes: MAIN SAVER, Run Speed, Run Speed, Main Saver

Starry Day

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-4634-9117-7313
Hey Merch_ Andise,
I don't profess to be an expert at the KSM either, but here are a few tips I found useful:
  • I notice you said you treat the KSM like a slayer, which is perfectly fine - however, it's kind of a special slayer, in that it operates optimally at medium range. That being said, spacing is key, and dancing around opponents often works better than rushing in (unless you have god-like aim). This especially works well when dealing with shorter-range weapons, as the KSM has a deceptively large range and blast radius, though the latter has been nerfed.
  • I like your build a lot; it lets you hone the aforementioned slayer tendencies and mitigate the weaknesses introduced in regards to ink consumption. I would run a little sub power up as well, as that can really enhance your chip damage and give you even better range with Fizzy Bombs.
  • It's easy to fall back on the playstyle of the other two Sloshing Machines (more supportive), like I find I do often. It's good to remember that you are meant to be more aggressive. I don't know if this is a problem for you or not.
  • One last thing: chip damage! The KSM has a somewhat powerful main weapon, but you still can't OHKO opponents. Try to work some combos in, such as Fizzy Bomb + Slosh, Slosh + Splashdown, or even all three. Mix and match them, in different orders, depending on the situation and how much turf is around you. Be careful of your ink consumption, and look at the damage each part of your kit does in terms of numbers to best understand how to combo enemies.

Hope you found this useful! Once again, you already have a great build that should complement the playstyle of the Kensa Sloshing Machine quite well. Even if you don't do a particularly great job starting out, you'll inevitably improve your performance with some practice and experience.

Thanks for reading!
Starry Day

Merch_Andise

Inkster Jr.
NNID
solarOddity
Switch Friend Code
SW-1239-4877-3880
Hey Merch_ Andise,
I don't profess to be an expert at the KSM either, but here are a few tips I found useful:
  • I notice you said you treat the KSM like a slayer, which is perfectly fine - however, it's kind of a special slayer, in that it operates optimally at medium range. That being said, spacing is key, and dancing around opponents often works better than rushing in (unless you have god-like aim). This especially works well when dealing with shorter-range weapons, as the KSM has a deceptively large range and blast radius, though the latter has been nerfed.
  • I like your build a lot; it lets you hone the aforementioned slayer tendencies and mitigate the weaknesses introduced in regards to ink consumption. I would run a little sub power up as well, as that can really enhance your chip damage and give you even better range with Fizzy Bombs.
  • It's easy to fall back on the playstyle of the other two Sloshing Machines (more supportive), like I find I do often. It's good to remember that you are meant to be more aggressive. I don't know if this is a problem for you or not.
  • One last thing: chip damage! The KSM has a somewhat powerful main weapon, but you still can't OHKO opponents. Try to work some combos in, such as Fizzy Bomb + Slosh, Slosh + Splashdown, or even all three. Mix and match them, in different orders, depending on the situation and how much turf is around you. Be careful of your ink consumption, and look at the damage each part of your kit does in terms of numbers to best understand how to combo enemies.

Hope you found this useful! Once again, you already have a great build that should complement the playstyle of the Kensa Sloshing Machine quite well. Even if you don't do a particularly great job starting out, you'll inevitably improve your performance with some practice and experience.

Thanks for reading!
Starry Day
Ahh thanks so much! This helps a ton :U

Mostly I was having a hard time trying to find a good distance to play with, since I wasn't really sure if I was supposed to distance myself a certain way, or just try and overwhelm my opponent. I haven't really fallen back on the other Machines playstyles, but thats definitely something I should probably look out for in the future. Cus I am guilty of doing that sometimes.

(Also its relieving to hear that my build is good, cus I was going back and forth on it a LOT)

Again, thanks!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom