• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anyone else here think that Splatoon has a style similar to these 2 games?

Zipplip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zipplip

By the way I've only played the PC version of Jet Grind Radio (which has been retitled to it's Japanese name Jet Set Radio)

Mr.Man17

Full Squid
Perfect! Then again it also reminds me of Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Mattx245

Inkster Jr.
They all have a punk motif, so I assume that's what makes them so similar

Zipplip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zipplip
I think the biggest reason why I think Splatoon has a similar style to both of these games is because they're based in modern japan. Even Splatoon's hub will be based on one of the biggest parts of Modern Japan.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I think it is definitely similar to Jet Set Radio, and a friend of mine is drawing a TWEWY style Splatoon Inkling for the art contest. So I guess they found that relatable to Splatoon, too!

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is the first series that always comes to my mind when I think of "punk" games.
There's a lot of words to describe that series.. most of them end with

Zipplip

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zipplip
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater is the first series that always comes to my mind when I think of "punk" games.
Thing is Jet Set Radio is based in Modern Japan and would make a lot more sense due to Splatoon's Hub being based on a big part of Modern Tokyo.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Thing is Jet Set Radio is based in Modern Japan and would make a lot more sense due to Splatoon's Hub being based on a big part of Modern Tokyo.
I don't disagree, but I think "punk" isn't the best key word of comparison. It's far too general and subjective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom