• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Anyone else into these genres of music?

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
Extreme old school metal (death, black, thrash, doom)
Shoegaze (dream pop, ethereal wave)
Hardcore (hardcore punk, powerviolence, grind, crust)

Want to see if anyone else here has similar music taste... kind of doubt it but worth a try :D If so what are some of your favorite albums?

Last edited:

ZypkerGaming

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ZypkerGaming
I have even weirder taste than you.

My favorite music:

These are all legitamately my favorite songs. I get bored listening to "mainstream" songs.

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
And you thought you were alone in your selection of music :p
Well there are 6,000 members on this forum and not one has posted in this thread with any knowledge of these genres, so ya I feel pretty alone here with my music taste but that's okay i'm alone with my music taste most places anyway. :)

eboyblue3

Inkling
NNID
eboyblue3
i'm more of a just generic rock person, mixed with like 70% punk

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
i'm more of a just generic rock person, mixed with like 70% punk
That's cool man, I still like rock I just don't choose to listen to it these days, if it was on I couldn't complain and punk is great too.

What bands do you like from both these genres?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Nah. :p

I only really listen to video game music and some old pop as well as instrumental music here and there.
Those are probably some of the worst songs i've heard in my life, no offense lol.
No offense intended, but with your taste in music that is a pretty ironic post. ^_^

EsoTeRiC

Inkster Jr.
Nah. :p

I only really listen to video game music and some old pop as well as instrumental music here and there.

No offense intended, but with your taste in music that is a pretty ironic post. ^_^
Hey guys! look at me, my name is Reila, I listen to video game music and old pop and I think I have an authority on GOOD music.

I would never take offense to someone who ignorantly judged 10 different genres /sub-genres of music without having any knowledge about them. You guys ever think before you post?

The reason I created this thread was because the music thread was nothing but video game/anime music and I was hoping to discuss music within my tastes(and hopefully a few others?) but you guys had to ruin it.

Last edited:

Xadus

Inkling Tactician
NNID
JainaSuila
Haha so much salt over silly music genres, kind of reminds me of high school. Don't let a couple people that you disagree with ruin a thread for you.

Anyway, I used to be huge into Minor Threat, Black Flag, and Bad Religion myself. its pretty good stuff.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
I've never found a specific genre that I love, it's all about the artist.

Top 5 favourite artists (No particular order, it changes daily)

The Basics - Indie/Pop Rock with lots of 60's influences.
Streetlight Manifesto - Ska/Punk with heavy punk and jazz tones.
Motion City Soundtrack - generic pop/rock but they've got the best lyrics and wordplay in town.
Billy Talent - Punk turned Heavy Rock, the only band I know that has gotten better with every single album.
They Might Be Giants - Lucky Dip. You never know what you're gonna get but it's always fun and unique.

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings

Want to see if anyone else here has similar music taste... kind of doubt it but worth a try :D If so what are some of your favorite albums?
Not into many "old school" or genre revival metal bands, but I do like doom, death, black, and sludge.

Most hardcore I listen to now is typically a mix of hardcore and grind, or hardcore and whatever.

We prolly could throw bands back and forth and enjoy / recognize them. :p

Egregore

Splash Wall of China
NNID
NoGoodEndings

I find it funny how nearly every post in this thread has literally nothing to do with the OP. Why are you posting in here again?

Anyways, I'm not a big fan of "old school" or genre revival metal, but I do listen to black, doom, sludge, death, drone, and ambient (metal).

Most hardcore I listen to is a mix of hardcore and grind, or hardcore and black metal, or whatever else.

I dabble in some post-rock, shoegaze stuff now and then but on the brighter scale of music I prefer just walls of ambient (not the clicky, glitchy stuff).

Once in a blue moon I'll pick up my synthesizer and create some harsh ambient & drone stuff myself, too.

Here's a couple tracks from some of my favorite 2015 releases:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom