• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Anyone get some gear they thought was going to be good?

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
Has anyone bought something from the shop with one of the perks you've been searching for. Me in particular the stealth jump and stealth swim perk. I bought some shoes, I think they are called takatori, Multi colored shoes. additional slot. Had stealth jump which was great. Then the next was I got Save ink with primary then save ink with primary.... then save ink with primary ._.

Anyone get horrible rolls of 3-4 in a row? <.< to pour salt on my wound, after that, I saw lots of people with the same shoe, the same base perk... but none of the perks repeated D:<

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
I thought Dynamo roller was gonna be good...

Kris

Senior Squid
NNID
Kristofuror
...People would kill for shoes like that.

You see, having the same perk on two different equips does nothing. Whichever one has a stronger effect wins out and the perk(s) on the other are just wasted.
the issue is it is still a diminished return. So it'd be best to have at max 2 of the same. Ideally on something like movespeed. What's worse is I don't really even use heavy ink eaters.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass

You see, having the same perk on two different equips does nothing. Whichever one has a stronger effect wins out and the perk(s) on the other are just wasted.
I don't doubt this, but can you link something so I know this isn't just some rumor without proof?

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
the issue is it is still a diminished return. So it'd be best to have at max 2 of the same. Ideally on something like movespeed. What's worse is I don't really even use heavy ink eaters.
Diminishing returns didn't do much for balancing Kid Icarus. :rolleyes: Only time you'd ever see a perk not max'd out is when you had left over space for it or you're going for something highly specific.

Just don't reroll the thing or something stupid, we don't really know if dumping all on a few things is more effective then spreading things out.

I don't doubt this, but can you link something so I know this isn't just some rumor without proof?
I got it off a Reddit page with a pic of Judd saying it. Can't find the pic but I've tried it out myself.

If you need a "sterile" place to test something then use the recon option in the lobby area. There's also a conveniently placed equipment button just before it.

KurashiDragon

Full Squid
NNID
KurashiDragon

....... CRAP! I didn't actually know about this. I got the same ability on all of my gear and I thought that would be great because they would stack. -_-

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
According to Judd and my personal testing, yes. Easiest way would be to grab a few attack perks and shoot a training dummy. I tested with quick jump though.

Also explains why there's only a few levels of defense represented in the training area instead of a whole room devoted to it.
I assumed the reason the attack power perks didn't do that much was because they aren't really meant to. Equipping multiple raises the attack power, but by so little that the most you can get is one less shot needed to kill.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
I assumed the reason the attack power perks didn't do that much was because they aren't really meant to. Equipping multiple raises the attack power, but by so little that the most you can get is one less shot needed to kill.
You'd be correct in that attack ups do very little, but the dummies clearly display the damage they take when shot and don't stop for overkill. Even if they did or damage wasn't displayed at all there's still the giant 500hp balloons in the back.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Considering gear perk's are random and you can add slots I think all gear is just as good as the other. :P

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
They definitely do stack on different gear, I've tested it myself trying to see if I could get a Rapid Blaster to OHKO. Adding them one by one to see how many I'd need, I got up to 99 damage (from a base of 80) with 3 main and 2 sub perks (damn, so close, if only I had one more!).

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
I got some bad secondary equip rolls on my cameo hat. I'm planning on rerolling it when I hit 20, anything is better than what it has now. Got double ink tank boots on my jacket though, good thing it has diminishing returns or I'd be sad trading it out for the matching hoodie.

Bomb sniffer shoes are great though, I'm liking them a lot. The only problem is I can't tell my teammates if they're about to walk into a bomb..

Lefty

Nice la~
I have the shirt that gives primary stealth swim, and then the next three upgrades are strength bonuses. Dont know how strength scales, so im just going for the safe weapon of aerospray, low dmg but high firerate.

LancerStaff

Inkling Cadet
They definitely do stack on different gear, I've tested it myself trying to see if I could get a Rapid Blaster to OHKO. Adding them one by one to see how many I'd need, I got up to 99 damage (from a base of 80) with 3 main and 2 sub perks (damn, so close, if only I had one more!).
Yeah, I don't know... Some things do stack across equipment, some don't. Can't see a difference with quick jump across different equipment compared to one. There's probably some kinda cap on the total strength of a skill and it differs per skill.

Leave it to Nintendo to make an otherwise simple game nearly incomprehensible. :confused:

PolarisAegis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kirbyfreek33
When I first got my school uniform and hair clip I was really excited to use them....then I rolled quick super jump on ALL FOUR of their combined slots. I've slotted them up to 3 each now because I like the look of those, and plan to reroll 'em once I rack up the gold again (I've decided I'm not gonna use the free roll exploit).

iTwAsLucK

Semi-Pro Squid
When I first got my school uniform and hair clip I was really excited to use them....then I rolled quick super jump on ALL FOUR of their combined slots. I've slotted them up to 3 each now because I like the look of those, and plan to reroll 'em once I rack up the gold again (I've decided I'm not gonna use the free roll exploit).
What is the free roll exploit? I haven't heard it mentioned before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom