1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Anyone still partying in splatoon 1?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by ReeSquidGig, Dec 19, 2018.

1. ReeSquidGig

ReeSquidGig Inkling Commander

Does anyone still play splatoon 1 first of all?
    Second of all, does anyone just feel as if- a party will make everyone stuck with their wii u feel better?
    It would make me feel better, instead of everyone still taking this game oh-so seriously!

2. DJ Particle

DJ Particle Senior Squid

NNID:
    DJParticle
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0728-9987-8856
    I just reached Level 50 on Splat 1 a few months ago, and I'll be cracking it open again a few times this year. As for parties, I'll party if enough squids join in.

3. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Still playing on occasion. Place is still hoppin' with Turf and Rank still having playersu, but squad battles are nigh-DEAD.

Funnily enough I got a few friend requests. lol

4. HighColorSunset

HighColorSunset Full Squid

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    I'm still playing! (My dad has a Switch but we still don't have the second game yet, so I'm chillin' on the first game for now...I really want the second one though, especially since it has Octolings and some sweet alternate hairstyles!)

5. splat11

splat11 Inkling

I am also still playing splatoon 1. I was surprised that I defeated D.J. Octavio TWICE.

6. HighColorSunset

HighColorSunset Full Squid

NNID:
    AmazingStrange9
    I got really close to beating him twice. I updated my Hero Shot all the way so I should try again to see if I can do it!

7. SquidBored

SquidBored Inkling

Yep, I still have it.

8. Stardust-Sonic

Stardust-Sonic Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Stardust-Sonic
    I still play Splatoon 1. From time to time, I even stream Splatoon 1.

It feels strange, seeing that you might be among the few people, maybe even the only one, to stream Splatoon 1. But I see people coming into my stream, just to check out how different Splatoon 1 is compared to Splatoon 2. And also chill out. It gives me some kind of comfort, seeing there's still some interest into this game.

That being said, there's almost no people doing squad battles. If you do a duo squad battle (2 players), you might end up getting lost forever trying to find a full lobby. If you do a tri squad or quad squad battle (3 or 4 players), you might be even lucky to find a tri squad battle at the very least, and might end up fighting the same squad over and over. But at least, we're still happy to fight someone in squad battle at least.

Not to mention the hackers being prolific in S+. Sometimes it makes for some funny moments, like flying squids raining down bombs on the battlefield or changing the floor to your team's ink or the enemy's, or that roller going Sonic speed while rolling. Other times, they're kinda lame, like that custom hydra playing normally, except with infinite bubbler (he uses it normally, then apparently, he has bubbler already available after using it).

And then there are the teams of 2 or 3 chargers (I even encountered a team with 4 chargers). Can't tell if it's hilarious, or nightmarish. I find it courageous however there are players who use E-Litre 3K with no damage up when it was whatmade it a force to be reckoned with back in Splatoon 1.

Never a bring day in Splatoon 1, except when it's a rotation you don't like and you're waiting for the 4-hour rotation to reset and change maps and mode.

Welcome to Inkopolis plaza (*whispers to Marina's ear* : This place still lives, and people still have a good time over here.)