• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Anyone still partying in splatoon 1?

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ree
Does anyone still play splatoon 1 first of all?
Second of all, does anyone just feel as if- a party will make everyone stuck with their wii u feel better?
It would make me feel better, instead of everyone still taking this game oh-so seriously!

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
I just reached Level 50 on Splat 1 a few months ago, and I'll be cracking it open again a few times this year. As for parties, I'll party if enough squids join in.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Still playing on occasion. Place is still hoppin' with Turf and Rank still having playersu, but squad battles are nigh-DEAD.

Funnily enough I got a few friend requests. lol

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I'm still playing! (My dad has a Switch but we still don't have the second game yet, so I'm chillin' on the first game for now...I really want the second one though, especially since it has Octolings and some sweet alternate hairstyles!)

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I am also still playing splatoon 1. I was surprised that I defeated D.J. Octavio TWICE.
I got really close to beating him twice. I updated my Hero Shot all the way so I should try again to see if I can do it!

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
I still play Splatoon 1. From time to time, I even stream Splatoon 1.

It feels strange, seeing that you might be among the few people, maybe even the only one, to stream Splatoon 1. But I see people coming into my stream, just to check out how different Splatoon 1 is compared to Splatoon 2. And also chill out. It gives me some kind of comfort, seeing there's still some interest into this game.

That being said, there's almost no people doing squad battles. If you do a duo squad battle (2 players), you might end up getting lost forever trying to find a full lobby. If you do a tri squad or quad squad battle (3 or 4 players), you might be even lucky to find a tri squad battle at the very least, and might end up fighting the same squad over and over. But at least, we're still happy to fight someone in squad battle at least.

Not to mention the hackers being prolific in S+. Sometimes it makes for some funny moments, like flying squids raining down bombs on the battlefield or changing the floor to your team's ink or the enemy's, or that roller going Sonic speed while rolling. Other times, they're kinda lame, like that custom hydra playing normally, except with infinite bubbler (he uses it normally, then apparently, he has bubbler already available after using it).

And then there are the teams of 2 or 3 chargers (I even encountered a team with 4 chargers). Can't tell if it's hilarious, or nightmarish. I find it courageous however there are players who use E-Litre 3K with no damage up when it was whatmade it a force to be reckoned with back in Splatoon 1.

Never a bring day in Splatoon 1, except when it's a rotation you don't like and you're waiting for the 4-hour rotation to reset and change maps and mode.

Welcome to Inkopolis plaza (*whispers to Marina's ear* : This place still lives, and people still have a good time over here.)

squid quo

Inkling
It's 2020, and there are still people playing the first game. There aren't all that many left, to the point where if you play enough you'll start seeing a lot of the same people. REVIVALJAM, CoolHand, and MrSchwede come to mind, as well as myself of course.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
I still have Splatoon 1, but I don't play it much anymore. Partly because you need the TV/a screen, which means I can't play it all the time. Splatoon 2 is just easier to play on my own.

I do remember my days as Agent 3, though. Good times. (Visiting Octo Valley brings a certain degree of nostalgia...)

Actually, I didn't have internet for a while, so Octo Valley has most of my memories. :P

But I did visit the Battle Dojo to either play with my brother or just hook up a controller and play with the available weapons while the TV is being used.

I also remember the Amiibo challenge. I actually thought beating levels with a charger was going to be an absolute nightmare, but I actually had less trouble than I thought. And hey, I now have a school uniform and a new game for my Inkling! (Plus tons of starting cash for Turf War.)

Hey, what are everyone's experiences in Octo Valley? Hardest levels? Easiest? Most enjoyable?

ZuraRBX

Inkling
NNID
Johnnybump
Switch Friend Code
SW-0993-3221-5618
I would be playing Splatoon 1 more often, but my disc just randomly died. Yep, huge scratch from the center out. If I ever get a new copy, it would be cool to play again.

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Yeah! (Your Three looks a bit like Goggles...)

I hated the Octostriker levels until I figured out how to dodge Inkstrikes. That would help me dodge Tenta Missiles and even the occasional Splashdown later on.

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
YOU"VE READ THE MANGA?!!! NO WAY I HAVE TOO! i think i used the octoling creator you used for the profile. i found out that goggles and the blue team might be going into story mode for splatoon 2 in the next volume after 9, 10, and 11

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
YOU"VE READ THE MANGA?!!! NO WAY I HAVE TOO! i think i used the octoling creator you used for the profile. i found out that goggles and the blue team might be going into story mode for splatoon 2 in the next volume after 9, 10, and 11
Really? That'd be so cool! It kinda feels like they skipped that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom