• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Anything special for your kids?

NNID
ChillQuillz
I have these zpecial pokemon cards called Dynasty Cards.
These cards are a special tradition I am starting.

First My mom has the oldest pokemon cards
Then my uncle who added more. She gave it to him like 1999 or something
Then me who added the most so far. He gave it to me like 2008 now i plan to give it to them once they turn 10.

She had half a book.
He had 2 books
I have one but its a huge one and i have over 300 cards now.

I am 15 years old and plan to have kids in my 20's so in my 30's they will get the cards.

What are some stuff you guys want to give off for a long family tradition like my Dynasty Cards?

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I will not have kids, but I still have my very first video game and if I had a kid, I would certainly give it to them... And then I would give them a brand new video game.

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I actually wanna have lots of kids! :D
I don't know what I would want to pass down. Maybe my old kittybank I made during school years ago that I still have.

NNID
ChillQuillz
I actually wanna have lots of kids! :D
I don't know what I would want to pass down. Maybe my old kittybank I made during school years ago that I still have.
Assuming yiu are a female, why you want a lot XD all those pregnancys. But as a male, and to my future wife or girlfriend. Going through those pregnancy months with her is gonna be hard

Oh and that seems cool, the bank i mean

swimmingknife

Semi-Pro Squid
I don't have kids yet and I doubt I will for a long time. I kind of want them, but I'm really not in a position to be thinking about it any time in the near future. I do have a nephew who turned one just recently though. He'll probably end up getting a lot of the stuff I had when I was a kid, if only because most of my old stuff is at my parents' place and he and his mother (my sister) are currently living with them. Not that I begrudge him it or anything. Little dude's welcome to it.

In particular, I had a fair few books by Graeme Base when I was a kid. I don't know how well-known he is in the rest of the world, but he's one of the most well-known children's authors here in Australia (or at least, he was when I was a kid. I haven't kept up with his career since then.) He's particularly known for his picture books, which are really amazing. They're always packed with gorgeous, detailed, full-page art. There was one book of his that I particularly loved as a kid called 'The Worst Band in the Universe'. It was about an alien kid living in a totalitarian sci-fi future where there are incredibly strict laws on what kind of music people are allowed to play. After the protagonist gets kicked off his homeworld for playing an original song, he ends up forming a band with a gang of other outcasts to (literally) fight the culture police with the power of rock. Kinda heavy subject matter for a kids' book, but it was really well-written and well-presented.

NNID
ChillQuillz
I don't have kids yet and I doubt I will for a long time. I kind of want them, but I'm really not in a position to be thinking about it any time in the near future. I do have a nephew who turned one just recently though. He'll probably end up getting a lot of the stuff I had when I was a kid, if only because most of my old stuff is at my parents' place and he and his mother (my sister) are currently living with them. Not that I begrudge him it or anything. Little dude's welcome to it.

In particular, I had a fair few books by Graeme Base when I was a kid. I don't know how well-known he is in the rest of the world, but he's one of the most well-known children's authors here in Australia (or at least, he was when I was a kid. I haven't kept up with his career since then.) He's particularly known for his picture books, which are really amazing. They're always packed with gorgeous, detailed, full-page art. There was one book of his that I particularly loved as a kid called 'The Worst Band in the Universe'. It was about an alien kid living in a totalitarian sci-fi future where there are incredibly strict laws on what kind of music people are allowed to play. After the protagonist gets kicked off his homeworld for playing an original song, he ends up forming a band with a gang of other outcasts to (literally) fight the culture police with the power of rock. Kinda heavy subject matter for a kids' book, but it was really well-written and well-presented.
That seems like a great author. Ill check him out for my little bro.
And neices and nephews are welcome to this chain to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom