• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[Apr 23, 2016] Oceanink Offensive - A tournament for Oceanic squids (Online)

Zzylard

Inkling
NNID
Zzylard
Cannot wait for this! Got a lot of practicing to do. Maybe post this on the splatoon subreddit?

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
Ahoy! TehMutaRuzh here! Just coming by to say hi, and also want to post that I'll keep an eye on this tourney :)

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
I think I recognise you from Twitch, CoconutTank. Howdy! Thanks for your support :D
[Edit: or uh maybe I was just thinking of WWN. Still, hi!]

superhiero, it'll be awesome to have you and your friends join us for the tournament. I'm really looking forward to seeing what squads form over the next few weeks!

Last edited:

growly

Inkling
This sounds amazing. As another Aussie Squid, I have been waiting for something like this!

Unfortunately (as luck would have it), this happens to fall smack bang in the middle of my wedding day. I tried asking my Fiancé if I could arrive late to the ceremony, but didn't go down too well......

I have 5 other mates who all play together that would have loved to enter a squad, but will all be at the wedding. Hopefully this is a huge success, and can have another one on a day that suits us better and we will be involved for sure.

Good luck!

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
Hi growly, thanks for your post! It's a shame you'll be busy that day, but best of luck for the wedding :)

(My husband can attest that I was up until 3:30am the night before our wedding party playing Splatoon, so I understand your dilemma!)

We are hoping that our discord channel will become a bit of a home for Aussie squids to find each other and set up friendlies, so please feel free to pop in and say hello. If all goes well, we'll run more events and tournaments in the future. :)

growly

Inkling
I will definitely join the Discord, and get some of my mates to join too. Look forward to some scrims in the future!

Cheers,

Palette

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CPalette
Love the logo for the tournament by the way; I will try and see if I can gather a team and make it. Looks like awesome fun and would be nice to meet players from my own country for once :O

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
The southern cross motif was suggested by Hoenn_Kyouma, and the logo itself is the awesome work of AMRose/Rose94! She'll also be doing some of our prize art.

It'll be awesome to have you join us! If you need to find players for a team feel free to pop into our chat and see if any of the other players click.

Alecat

Full Squid
NNID
alecatmew
Yep, rosters will get released. I wanted to do a bit of fiddling with the sign up sheet for automation before then, but we'll definitely need to release them for teams to find each other on the day!

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
Hey mate I'm a young Australian Splatoon player like you. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend to tournament but I am just asking. Do you know anywhere where they have real life tournaments or is it mostly online. If you do know a place i live in brisbane queensland and would love to go to a tournament, but if not that is fine.
-PyrexO2

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
This sounds amazing. As another Aussie Squid, I have been waiting for something like this!

Unfortunately (as luck would have it), this happens to fall smack bang in the middle of my wedding day. I tried asking my Fiancé if I could arrive late to the ceremony, but didn't go down too well......

I have 5 other mates who all play together that would have loved to enter a squad, but will all be at the wedding. Hopefully this is a huge success, and can have another one on a day that suits us better and we will be involved for sure.

Good luck!
[Reply]
Hey Growly!
It's a shame you can't make it but even though I barely know you, I wish both you and your Fiance ( I don't know how to add the line thingy ) the best of luck for the future and hope you have a happy and successful marriage/

-PyrexO2

AMRose

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SunnyDew
Hey mate I'm a young Australian Splatoon player like you. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend to tournament but I am just asking. Do you know anywhere where they have real life tournaments or is it mostly online. If you do know a place i live in brisbane queensland and would love to go to a tournament, but if not that is fine.
-PyrexO2
I haven't heard of any in Queensland, and I think you'll find most tournaments are online. Alecat can attest to how much work it is to prepare for an in-person tournament. It's unfortunate that you can't make this tournament, but we hope you're still able to use our discord server to find some friendly battles! And if we run more tournaments in the future we'd love for you to be able to participate!

PyrexO2

Senior Squid
NNID
Ethan_Gaming_02
[Reply]
All right well thanks for letting me know, I will sure be able to use your discord servers and find some friendly battles. And I would love to join tournaments in the future, all I need is a squad to play with :D cheers.
-PyrexO2

Zzylard

Inkling
NNID
Zzylard
I made a twitch and bought a capture card; I plan to be streaming this at https://www.twitch.tv/zzylard

I don't have any videos right now, but hopefully that'll change when I get my capture card and get everything worked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom