1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Are Chargers Gaining Popularity?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by MeTaGross, Jul 8, 2018.

1. MeTaGross

MeTaGross Inkling Cadet

I typically prefer to play turf war since I'm always worried that I might start losing a lot and de-rank, but I have started playing ranked a lot more and finally made it to my first rank X in rainmaker. Recently it seems like there have been significantly more chargers than there used to be in all ranked modes. I'm just a little curious about other people's experiences and if they've experienced anything like this. I'm also upset because my best/favorite weapons are the heavy/hydra splatlings and I really don't like being out-ranged.

2. BBGrenorange

BBGrenorange Inkling Cadet

It's probably because you're rank X and so the players are actually good enough to use chargers

3. Enperry

Enperry Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ssjplt
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0405-1788-8108
    I just moved up to X in SZ and am having the same experiences. Furthermore, chargers in X are unbelievably good. I can't believe how talented these charger mains are.

4. MeTaGross

MeTaGross Inkling Cadet

It's not just rank X, as I'm only there in rainmaker. Almost every battle in ranked for the last week or two I have seen at least one charger in the match for either one or both teams. Part of it is frustrating because there will occasionally be a really good charger that can just shut a team down, but then there will be battles where our team has an e-liter that is just awful. Maybe it's just my perception, because there is no reason a competent player would willingly choose an e-liter when they are genuinely trying to rank up.

5. uhhhhhhhh

uhhhhhhhh Inkster Jr.

I don’t know but I hate them and I’ll squidbag them whenever I get a chance, I don’t even care lol

6. Raxel920

Raxel920 Full Squid

Please don’t be that guy.

Sifu, Marfie and Ansible like this.
  7. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    A part of me wants to say around May/late April was when I started to see chargers crop up more regularly. But it wasn't until June that it feels like there's at least one in almost every other match or two.

Not entirely sure if it's popularity or regular changes to the matchmaking or whatever, but I do know that in the past year of Splatoon 2 I ain't ever seen so many bamboozlers compared to almost two years of Splatoon 1. And no, I'm not counting myself or my reflection! xP