• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Are Chargers Gaining Popularity?

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I typically prefer to play turf war since I'm always worried that I might start losing a lot and de-rank, but I have started playing ranked a lot more and finally made it to my first rank X in rainmaker. Recently it seems like there have been significantly more chargers than there used to be in all ranked modes. I'm just a little curious about other people's experiences and if they've experienced anything like this. I'm also upset because my best/favorite weapons are the heavy/hydra splatlings and I really don't like being out-ranged.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
It's probably because you're rank X and so the players are actually good enough to use chargers

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I just moved up to X in SZ and am having the same experiences. Furthermore, chargers in X are unbelievably good. I can't believe how talented these charger mains are.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
It's not just rank X, as I'm only there in rainmaker. Almost every battle in ranked for the last week or two I have seen at least one charger in the match for either one or both teams. Part of it is frustrating because there will occasionally be a really good charger that can just shut a team down, but then there will be battles where our team has an e-liter that is just awful. Maybe it's just my perception, because there is no reason a competent player would willingly choose an e-liter when they are genuinely trying to rank up.

uhhhhhhhh

Inkster Jr.
I don’t know but I hate them and I’ll squidbag them whenever I get a chance, I don’t even care lol

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
A part of me wants to say around May/late April was when I started to see chargers crop up more regularly. But it wasn't until June that it feels like there's at least one in almost every other match or two.

Not entirely sure if it's popularity or regular changes to the matchmaking or whatever, but I do know that in the past year of Splatoon 2 I ain't ever seen so many bamboozlers compared to almost two years of Splatoon 1. And no, I'm not counting myself or my reflection! xP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom