• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Are Hacks Becoming More Common?

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Ever since the reveal of Splatoon 2, I've come across so many squids using hacks... and no, I'm not referring to gear hacks and the like, but more serious hacks like Turf Coverage hacks and teleport hacks. I had a match yesterday and recorded it, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Now, I don't want this to come off as complaining... It's really not that big of a deal to me. I'm just curious to know if anyone else is seeing these things happen.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
Ran into a speed hacking Dynamo Roller. That one was pretty interesting to play against (we still won). Also ran into someone that always seemed to have kraken ready every time someone ran into them with 0 special charge gear. 90% sure they were hacking because this was a kraken every 2 seconds or so which is not possible considering they had full stage control from all the kraken spamming.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Now, I don't want this to come off as complaining... It's really not that big of a deal to me. I'm just curious to know if anyone else is seeing these things happen.
I think this is worth complaining about. Stuff like this ruins the whole point of playing an online competitive game. Just because this game is now on its way out doesn't mean it can just be gutted and ruined by hackers. Even if it's only used in Turf War, that's still just wasting everyone's time by making an unwinnable match, and I can't imagine anyone is having any fun besides the hacker.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Luckily, there are more people who play honestly, so, realistically, most people shouldn't come across this too frequently. But I just hope that the problem doesn't become bigger and bigger. Otherwise, Rip Splatoon 1.

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
I saw someone teleport this morning and a roller using a speed and turf hack. Out of all my time playing Splatoon this is the first time I've seen hacking myself. It was pretty funny but I feel like I will get annoyed really fast.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Came across someone in a squad literally flying around with a splat-charger/splatterscope and bomb rushing every 10 seconds or so.

We still won.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I just need to know how that person managed to still lose. ಠ_ಠ
Best squiffer NA, get on my level
We were a quad squad, they were a tri
and, while it was probably just my reaction to seeing a squid flying around like Superman, the whole match felt like no one was taking it seriously xD

I re watched it, one of the guys stood around and did nothing for about half the match, so it was 2 v 4 xP

Last edited:

mar¡

Inkling
Hacking is kind of funny the first time. After while, and if more people use it, it can ruin a game. I think it's worth complaining about if it gets to that point, but so far it seems like it's goofs and salty players that use them.

Brie_no.20

Senior Squid
NNID
belle-noire20
Yeah, screw that.
I've only come across a hacked match once, and that was enough for me. I don't need to be a part of that again.

ヒーロー

Inkling
NNID
Goonday1624
Never encounted anyone hacking in a turf war or anything. But I think I friend did.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Can't read kanji so no idea if it really was the same Japanese account. But both times it was a N-Zap user. In ranked mode.

bubble26062

Inkling
Personally, I'm not sure if it was a hack, but I had one round of turf wars where this one player from the opposite team kept super jumping to me. It wasn't all that big of a problem because killing someone coming from a super jump isn't hard, but it was annoying when I was in the middle of combat and suddenly there was another player to deal with.

R2D221

Senior Squid
NNID
R2D221
Fortunately I haven't actually seen a hacker this whole time. If I happen to meet one, however, rest assured that I'll report them.

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I actually came across someone using an Inkbrush Nouveau before who always had their bubbler ready. I was using a sploosh-o-matic for fun at the time, which has very limited range, and didn't have my special charged, so I had no way of pushing them back to defend myself. That's all I've seen. I haven't been playing as much lately, so I hope I don't see anything else when I do go to play.

Edit: I typed this guy's NNID in an older post to warn some of my friends and ended up finding it. The hacker's NNID is airball12, which was also his mii name when I played with him.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom