1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Are Hacks Becoming More Common?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Rockenberg, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Rockenberg

Rockenberg CEO of Rockenberg

NNID:
    Rockenberg_Ltd
    Ever since the reveal of Splatoon 2, I've come across so many squids using hacks... and no, I'm not referring to gear hacks and the like, but more serious hacks like Turf Coverage hacks and teleport hacks. I had a match yesterday and recorded it, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Now, I don't want this to come off as complaining... It's really not that big of a deal to me. I'm just curious to know if anyone else is seeing these things happen.

2. D3RK

D3RK Semi-Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
    Ran into a speed hacking Dynamo Roller. That one was pretty interesting to play against (we still won). Also ran into someone that always seemed to have kraken ready every time someone ran into them with 0 special charge gear. 90% sure they were hacking because this was a kraken every 2 seconds or so which is not possible considering they had full stage control from all the kraken spamming.

3. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    I think this is worth complaining about. Stuff like this ruins the whole point of playing an online competitive game. Just because this game is now on its way out doesn't mean it can just be gutted and ruined by hackers. Even if it's only used in Turf War, that's still just wasting everyone's time by making an unwinnable match, and I can't imagine anyone is having any fun besides the hacker.

Brie_no.20, Rockenberg and Slurmp like this.
  4. RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
    Premium

NNID:
    RespawningJesus
    Luckily, there are more people who play honestly, so, realistically, most people shouldn't come across this too frequently. But I just hope that the problem doesn't become bigger and bigger. Otherwise, Rip Splatoon 1.

5. Grflrgl

Grflrgl Inkster Jr.

I've seen it a few times recently. It seems to happen more often.

6. ultra777

ultra777 Full Squid

NNID:
    crazydragon1000
    I saw someone teleport this morning and a roller using a speed and turf hack. Out of all my time playing Splatoon this is the first time I've seen hacking myself. It was pretty funny but I feel like I will get annoyed really fast.

7. Lonely_Dolphin

Lonely_Dolphin Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Einsam_Delphin
    I've not yet encountered these hacks for myself, I feel left out. =(

Rockenberg likes this.
  8. Green Waffles

Green Waffles Inkling Fleet Admiral

Came across someone in a squad literally flying around with a splat-charger/splatterscope and bomb rushing every 10 seconds or so.

We still won.

Hero of Lime likes this.
  9. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    I just need to know how that person managed to still lose. ಠ_ಠ

Rockenberg likes this.
  10. Green Waffles

Green Waffles Inkling Fleet Admiral

Best squiffer NA, get on my level
    We were a quad squad, they were a tri
    and, while it was probably just my reaction to seeing a squid flying around like Superman, the whole match felt like no one was taking it seriously xD

I re watched it, one of the guys stood around and did nothing for about half the match, so it was 2 v 4 xP

#10 Green Waffles, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Hero of Lime likes this.
  11. mar¡

mar¡ Inkling

Hacking is kind of funny the first time. After while, and if more people use it, it can ruin a game. I think it's worth complaining about if it gets to that point, but so far it seems like it's goofs and salty players that use them.

12. Brie_no.20

Brie_no.20 Senior Squid

NNID:
    belle-noire20
    Yeah, screw that.
    I've only come across a hacked match once, and that was enough for me. I don't need to be a part of that again.

13. ヒーロー

ヒーロー Inkling

NNID:
    Goonday1624
    Never encounted anyone hacking in a turf war or anything. But I think I friend did.

14. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    Can't read kanji so no idea if it really was the same Japanese account. But both times it was a N-Zap user. In ranked mode.

15. Gekko

Gekko Inkster Jr.

Rockenberg likes this.
  16. bubble26062

bubble26062 Inkling

Personally, I'm not sure if it was a hack, but I had one round of turf wars where this one player from the opposite team kept super jumping to me. It wasn't all that big of a problem because killing someone coming from a super jump isn't hard, but it was annoying when I was in the middle of combat and suddenly there was another player to deal with.

17. R2D221

R2D221 Senior Squid

NNID:
    R2D221
    Fortunately I haven't actually seen a hacker this whole time. If I happen to meet one, however, rest assured that I'll report them.

18. Captain Woomy

Captain Woomy Woomy Enthusiast

I actually came across someone using an Inkbrush Nouveau before who always had their bubbler ready. I was using a sploosh-o-matic for fun at the time, which has very limited range, and didn't have my special charged, so I had no way of pushing them back to defend myself. That's all I've seen. I haven't been playing as much lately, so I hope I don't see anything else when I do go to play.

Edit: I typed this guy's NNID in an older post to warn some of my friends and ended up finding it. The hacker's NNID is airball12, which was also his mii name when I played with him.

#18 Captain Woomy, Feb 6, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2017