• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Are you a exceptional Blaster?

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
Hello, my group 'The Painting Mantis' is in search of a Blaster main who considers themselves exceptionally or extremely skilled. Our group is very competitive and tactical but at the same time not overly serious. There are no obligations other than to play when available, play hard, efficient, & smart.

We currently have 4 members that form 1 team and are now in the process of forming another team to have variety as a whole as well as having more people to play with.

If you are a blaster main and interested in joining us please provide me with the following information down below. I would greatly appreciate it, thx!! Also, a link to our group...

http://squidboards.com/groups/the-painting-mantis.336/extra?type=information

-Time zone:
-Availability:
-Region/Language:
-Which Blaster do you main & why?:
-Main Gear you wear & why?:
-Current Rank:
-Describe your play style & tactics:
-Are you good with other weapons?:

Last edited:

Kaze

Pro Squid
sounds interesting, but the expectations seem high :oops:

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
sounds interesting, but the expectations seem high :oops:
To be completely honest, we really need a great blaster for our 2nd team formation because he/she will be critical at capitalizing critical vantage points, choke points, and really putting pressure on the enemy frontlines. Basically they have to be the heart of the team so the rest can in turn by extension do their thing as well as protect the blaster. With the 2nd team set up I have in mind I believe it's a force to be reckoned with!

With all that being said I don't expect victories all the time. As long as everyone on our team puts an honest effort in matches I'll be happy. Even if when we lose. :3

Really, in the end it's all for fun! I'd say try applying anyway and add my nnid so we can play. ;)

Last edited:

Kaze

Pro Squid
To be completely honest, we really need a great blaster for our 2nd team formation because he/she will be critical at capitalizing critical vantage points, choke points, and really putting pressure on the enemy frontlines. Basically they have to be the heart of the team so the rest can in turn by extension do their thing as well as protect the blaster. With the 2nd team set up I have in mind I believe it's a force to be reckoned with!

With all that being said I don't expect victories all the time. As long as everyone on our team puts an honest effort in matches I'll be happy. Even if when we lose. :3

Really, in the end it's all for fun! I'd say try applying anyway and add my nnid so we can play. ;)
that's a relief, but due to availability I might be a bad pick :oops:

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
that's a relief, but due to availability I might be a bad pick :oops:
Remember, our description, 'play when available/no obligations'. ;D

The main reason I would like to know availability is so I can have a better way of knowing when to set up lobbies. Besides I'm recruiting fill ins too! So please don't worry about it. Just play when you can. ^-^

Kaze

Pro Squid
-Time zone: UTC/GMT +2 hours

-Availability: Random... (bad sleeping cycle, but mostly available)

-Region/Language: Norway / English (is that a bad thing?)

-Which Blaster do you main & why?: Luna Blaster, it may lack range, but due to fire rate it can easily wipe out multiple opponents.
-Main Gear you wear & why?: x3 Main :ability_swimspeed: to reach the center before the enemy team & to ambush them with lightning speed from any angle before they can react when I'm close enough, but I run x2 main :ability_swimspeed: & :ability_ninjasquid: sometimes.

-Current Rank: S

-Describe your play style & tactics: Since I'm using the Luna Blaster I have to be stealthy & ambush the opponents before they can react so mostly rushing, but against some players I have to wait with patience and strike when their guard is down.

-Are you good with other weapons?: I think I'm good with Splash-o-matic & splattershot, but not sure though...

hope this was good enough...

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
-Time zone: UTC/GMT +2 hours

-Availability: Random... (bad sleeping cycle, but mostly available)

-Region/Language: Norway / English (is that a bad thing?)

-Which Blaster do you main & why?: Luna Blaster, it may lack range, but due to fire rate it can easily wipe out multiple opponents.
-Main Gear you wear & why?: x3 Main :ability_swimspeed: to reach the center before the enemy team & to ambush them with lightning speed from any angle before they can react when I'm close enough, but I run x2 main :ability_swimspeed: & :ability_ninjasquid: sometimes.

-Current Rank: S

-Describe your play style & tactics: Since I'm using the Luna Blaster I have to be stealthy & ambush the opponents before they can react so mostly rushing, but against some players I have to wait with patience and strike when their guard is down.

-Are you good with other weapons?: I think I'm good with Splash-o-matic & splattershot, but not sure though...

hope this was good enough...
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this Kaze!! I will let you know sometime tomorrow (central time zone/texas/currently 2:56am over here) what I think. I'll also be sure to add you to my friends roster so we can set up matches soon. Or if you want feel free to add me since I'll be asleep here pretty soon. Thanks again! I'll be in touch.

Kaze

Pro Squid
10:07am over here and I have not slept yet either so kinda tired myself (z_z)7

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
-Time zone: CST (UTC -5)
-Availability: All day for a couple weeks, but I'm moving soon and will be unavailable for a some time.
-Region/Language: USA, EN
-Which Blaster do you main & why?: Luna Blaster cause speedy and powerful and I like being super mobile which I feel it is good for cause of how fast it is. Can generally atleast trade if not beat the opponent unless I'm playing bad.
-Main Gear you wear & why?: Defense to get in there safely(but I change it up alot), Coldblooded to not be found while I maneuver around to catch people offguard and especially deal with chargers, Ink Resistance cause helpful to dealing with escaping sticky situations. Subs are generally swim speed up to escape and Special Charge Up build up to my inkzooka. I am experimenting though and might work on an all offense special kinda thing, so alot of Damage Ups. I will likely main both Luna Blasters when Neo comes out.
-Current Rank: S+
-Describe your play style & tactics: Pretty much all aggro. I go in and try to defeat as much as I can, targeting Dynamos and Chargers especially and people camping on perches that I can reach. Tower Control I generally am the one on the tower defending and getting off sometimes to try and kill the opponent or pushing little by little. I also take benefit from the AOE to get people behind corners and such. This is solo queue though so I do not know how I would do on a good, planned, talking team lol.
-Are you good with other weapons?:Krak-On Roller, working on other weapons like the Dynamo and Tentatek.

Jeremyx7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Jeremyx7
-Time zone: CST (UTC -5)
-Availability: All day for a couple weeks, but I'm moving soon and will be unavailable for a some time.
-Region/Language: USA, EN
-Which Blaster do you main & why?: Luna Blaster cause speedy and powerful and I like being super mobile which I feel it is good for cause of how fast it is. Can generally atleast trade if not beat the opponent unless I'm playing bad.
-Main Gear you wear & why?: Defense to get in there safely(but I change it up alot), Coldblooded to not be found while I maneuver around to catch people offguard and especially deal with chargers, Ink Resistance cause helpful to dealing with escaping sticky situations. Subs are generally swim speed up to escape and Special Charge Up build up to my inkzooka. I am experimenting though and might work on an all offense special kinda thing, so alot of Damage Ups. I will likely main both Luna Blasters when Neo comes out.
-Current Rank: S+
-Describe your play style & tactics: Pretty much all aggro. I go in and try to defeat as much as I can, targeting Dynamos and Chargers especially and people camping on perches that I can reach. Tower Control I generally am the one on the tower defending and getting off sometimes to try and kill the opponent or pushing little by little. I also take benefit from the AOE to get people behind corners and such. This is solo queue though so I do not know how I would do on a good, planned, talking team lol.
-Are you good with other weapons?:Krak-On Roller, working on other weapons like the Dynamo and Tentatek.
Thank you so much for your time! I'll message you in the very near future about what I think and how we would like to use you as well as how you want to use us. Thx again! Will keep in touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom