• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

ARMS discussion & experiences

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So~... until I see/find that ARMS forum, might as well make a thread on it, yeah?

And how are yall doing with the game? Sadly, I currently had something like two hours to play it since its release. Difficult experience too—getting rocked in party matches and the computer set to medium (level 4) turned out to be surprisingly difficult as well.

Looks like I'm going to be spending far too much time in training mode. ‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This game is incredibly challenging, yeah. I love Master Mummy but I'm not good enough to use him effectively yet, that's something I'm going to have come back to. It's a great game with some incredibly odd design decisions.

That said, anyone want to exchange friend codes? Playing with friends gives the same rewards as party mode, and it's good practice!

Last edited:

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
I will consider getting the game if Dhalsim from Street Fighter is in.

Which will probably not happen. :(

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Keep forgetting mobile doesn't show signatures. My barbaric age friend code is 8134.5728.9110

I should probably screenshot it so I can have it on hand at a con I'm attending this weekend. Would be so much easier to just tell them my name...

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Okay, I'll add you! Let me know when you'd like to spar :P

My own code is 3756-0533-5215, though if anyone here adds me please let me know so I don't wonder who the phantom invitee is, haha.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Lessee, Sundays evenings I'm available. Weekdays I'm free for a few hours late in the evening, though most Mondays & Tuesdays I'm free after rushhour. And next Saturday, I should have all to myself to do whatever the heck I want.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Time for some rambling! This is a decent place to drop some text about ARMS :P

I'd love for more lore about the ARMS world to pop up, cause it seems surprisingly progressive at a glance. Putting aside men and women being on even footing here, this is a world where a mummy is regarded as a sports hero and no one bats an eye at a genetically engineered living blob. Byte and Barq seem to be free-willed as well, and entering the Grand Prix entirely of their own volition. A bit of flavor text and the Japanese stage name also reveals that Master Mummy's stage doubles as a hospital for undead. Also, Master Mummy's family is just as undead as he is. I might be focusing on that a bit cause undead are shunned in the societies of basically all fiction ever.

So this sounds like a world where humans, robots, the undead, and whatever Helix is have equal rights. That's pretty rad! Hedlok could probably float into a government facility and apply for citizenship if it knocked off it's body-snatching hobby :P They could do a hell of a lot with such a wild and colorful setting.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Think I'll try making most of my Wednesday & Thursday a dedicated ARMS night.

If anyone likes, they're welcome to join me for a couple hours. =)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If it's the same time as last time, I'll be there!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Provided we don't run into maintenance mode again, this Wednesday/Thursday should be interesting as we'll have Max Brass to play with along with some other updates.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
We'll see if I'm there or not, Splatoon mania may take over instead :P

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Yeah. And once the game is released next week... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
So hey, Max Brass is a ton of fun. I love how all of his abilities revolve around flexing his pecs :p I've played him a bit and enjoyed it, he may be my favorite heavyweight fighter. That said, I like his weapons even more, I love the area effect of exploding weapons and I gotta unlock the grenade glove on Ninjara ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom