• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Arrghh

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Guys, I’m trying so hard not to let this game get to me. But it aggravates me to no end.

I get SO tilted that I feel like i want to throw my controller yet I play one more game each time because I think it’ll get better. It doesn’t seem to.

Charger on my team? They get no kills. No support. Charger on the other team? All of a sudden they’re bobby Lee swagger picking off my team who want to run straight towards their laser.

2 chargers on my team? Instaloss. 2 chargers on the other team? They’re apparently trained killers and we can’t leave spawn.

Splatling on my team? Stays in one spot doesn’t reposition. Dies. Repeats.

Splatling on their team? Suddenly my team hits the panic button and can’t figure out how to circumvent them position/uproot them.

I’m venting here there is no need to tell me I’m the cause, git gud, try a different weapon. I just want to know if anyone else else gets triggered at the absolute mess of team comps they get that result in face slapping, hair pulling, teeth chattering, controller smashing rage.

I feel better already.

Padre

Pro Squid
This sounds familiar. :)
Do you get some good streaks also?

Happens on many online games.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
What I, and probably many others, would suggest if you do not want to stop playing is to find some other way to vent your anger. After a frustrating loss just leave the lobby and take some time to calm down.

Taking deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth is typically a way most people calm down. You could also try different ways of counting; counting from 1 to 10, from 10 to 1, from 100 down until you feel better or anything to get your mind off of what is bothering you. Finding a foam therapy ball that you can squeeze in your hand is another suggestion.

If you don't want to try to soothe the anger then the only other option is to find some way to improve your skills. There are probably dozens of guides and videos for improving skills, so take a look on the internet. Aside from that all I can recommend is to at least contain yourself to the point that you don't hurt anything or anyone; physically or emotionally.

techton

Senior Squid
Yup. This I'm all too familiar with. It frustrates me the most, in fact. All of this, or the latter; one of our teammates leaving early mid-battle or just right off the bat.

I still don't get why some players use Chargers in Turf Wars. I have yet to see a skilled charger in that gamemode, because most of those who run it in TW are new players that are trying out the weapon for the first time.

Charger players can be very diverse. If chargers are on your team, they'll either be the most trash player on your team, missing their target over and over again, never change spots or use their special, or they'll be the most skilled assassin on your team, picking off the most important targets, almost never missing, using their subs and specials at the right time, etc.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I still don't get why some players use Chargers in Turf Wars. I have yet to see a skilled charger in that gamemode, because most of those who run it in TW are new players that are trying out the weapon for the first time.
This is probably exactly what the situation is. Turf Wars is where people try out new weapons. I’d rather that than in Ranked or League. Turf can be rough at times, but the thing about that mode is a loss doesn’t impact anything other than the fun you are having that very moment.

For those other modes, losing means one more loss toward losing rank or it means losing points off your power level in league. AND it means less fun if you are playing with a charger who sucks.

People have to learn how to get good somewhere. Few chargers are good their first game.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You kinda answered your own question. Anytime you see someone incompetent with chargers in turf is because they're likely trying to learn, and where else would they do so? League can get brutal, and ranked punishes poor play.

Lousy teammates abound in all modes, and to truly excel in this game you sadly have to learn how to win in spite of them when you can.

techton

Senior Squid
You kinda answered your own question. Anytime you see someone incompetent with chargers in turf is because they're likely trying to learn, and where else would they do so? League can get brutal, and ranked punishes poor play.

Lousy teammates abound in all modes, and to truly excel in this game you sadly have to learn how to win in spite of them when you can.
Good points. I'd be nice if S2 got some kind of test gamemode where you play globally with different players similar to your level. No battle or gear experience earned, and you can switch weapons and gear mid-battle.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
Good points. I'd be nice if S2 got some kind of test gamemode where you play globally with different players similar to your level. No battle or gear experience earned, and you can switch weapons and gear mid-battle.
This is actually an idea I really like. A mode called "For Fun" that is sort of like an anything-goes experience would be very entertaining. I imagine it like this: You're launched into the lobby with 7 other players. There's no teams, and no objective or anything. It'd just be 5 minutes rampage and fun in which anyone could kill anybody. You could try staying alive, kill the most players or do your silly squidparties.

I realize most people view Turf War as the "for fun" place right now. Yes, it is less competitive, but there is still something at stake contrary to people's belief: Your weapon level, the amount of XP you get, a counter of your active food ticket etc. All of which stinks of course if it's thrown away cause your teammates don't suit you.

So a for-fun mode would be really cool, but will of course not happen. I imagine Nintendo can't make too many modes. The playerbase is not small, but having to split too many players over different modes will increase waiting time. And that will stop Nintendo from doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom