• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

As we get closer to Nintendo's NX reveal, what are your hopes for this system?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Anything in general you hope to see out of the system?

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I hope it doesn't suck.

Real talk: I, uh, I'm open to whatever. I can only think of a couple improvements that I'd really like to see, those being:

• SALE$. It doesn't have to be PS2-levels of moneyprinting, but at least let it be above Dreamcast-levels. (Actually, 5x-7x the Dreamcast's sales would do.)
  • Being able to see what my upload/download speeds & ping are. (I'm fairly sure the Wii U's the only console that doesn't do this.)
  • More Mii customization options. Smash was a good start, but I want more than just hats & one-piece suits.
  • Allowing us to add an exact amount of funds to an eShop account.

Other than that, I got nothin'. Surprise me, Nintendo!

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
Personally? I want the Console/ Handheld Hybrid and Cluster Computer rumors to be true. So true.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
I want a built-in drink holder.

Seriously though, I think it would be great if it could tie in with your phone and use that in place of a gamepad. Don't have a clue how developers would program that, but it's a neat idea.

A legit Metroid game would be nice too.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I don't know if this would be something they'd do, but I always imagined the NX as a dual-screen gaming laptop designed specifically for their games and any other compatible ones. Essentially a jumbo (3)DS.

Also, since we had backwards compatibility for the previous consoles (and/or VC) since the Wii, it'd be nice to not only continue that trend in the NX but also offer an upgrade to pre-existing Wii U titles (especially those relatively late in its life cycle like Super Mario Maker and Splatoon) to entitle them to NX-specific content. That way, we can still enjoy our games even after they stop service for Wii U.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
For me it's simple. That it isn't trash and that it sells well. That's it.

GirlyMii

Senior Squid
NNID
Miipopal
Hopefully not an overpriced system lol
I'm looking forward to good games.

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
-right price
-good launch titles
-a non glossy controller. maybe a math or metalic finish
-console/portable hybrid
-Cloud storage
-1TB option
-sleek design
-(a unrealistic one) 4K support.
-Build in schreen recording/capture.
-Image/film transfer to pc
-Lots of led's
-new ui

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Powerful enough to compete with PS5 and Xbox Two.
Achievement System
Voice Chat
Built in recording gameplay software.
(Maybe I'm asking too much for two of these options.)

Drip Bam Boozle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sludgetoon
I don't have much hope for it because I'm fairly sure it is going to be a mobile gaming platform like a phone or something. That being said I love my wii u and want to see it stick for a while longer!

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
I don't have much hope for it because I'm fairly sure it is going to be a mobile gaming platform like a phone or something. That being said I love my wii u and want to see it stick for a while longer!
They confirmed it's a dedicated gaming console last year.

Drip Bam Boozle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sludgetoon
They confirmed it's a dedicated gaming console last year.
They can word it how ever they want. Even after they show it they're going to call it a dedicated gaming console. It's a marketing buzzword. It's a phone and a dedicated gaming console!

dukevin

Senior Squid
NNID
dukevin
Backwards compatibility with previous gen (WiiU) and the console/portable hybrid = squids on the go wink*wink*

Spraylan

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JonasOrtega
They can word it how ever they want. Even after they show it they're going to call it a dedicated gaming console. It's a marketing buzzword. It's a phone and a dedicated gaming console!
What's pointing to the NX being a phone?

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd love:

+ Splat2n
+ compatibility with Cube Controller, Wiimote Plus (and nunchuk), and WiiU Gamepad
+ Remote Controller function support for 3DS and 2DS
+ OTHER Great games (Wonderful 102 pls, also more Metroid and Zelda and RPGs and stuff)

Drip Bam Boozle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sludgetoon
What's pointing to the NX being a phone?
First, just look around and see how huge mobile games have become. Games like Clash of Clans can afford to put A list actors in their commercials.

Second, If nintendo was going to pump out a stronger home console they would be directly waging war with xbox one and PS4. Right now Wii u isn't really doing that it's kind of it's own niche market. Just from what I've seen from working retail. Nintendo has establish a nice little network with 3ds and wii u. I can see them adding to it.

But directly trying to compete with XB1 and PS4 would mean better hardware. Most notably blu ray, which Sony own. Microsoft is taking it in the rear for every console sold and probably games too. We know from past nintendo isn't willing to do this. That's why we ended up with small philips disks on GC. I don't think nintendo is lined up to try to sell us a 4th DVD based console and try to push it as cutting edge.

Third, Nintendo has thier first ever app coming to mobile platforms and its not a "video game" really. http://www.cnet.com/news/nintendos-first-mobile-game-miitomo-isnt-exactly-a-game/

They're probably saving their real titles for their specific device. Which will probably be a power house of a phone. Get big money contracts going with mobile phone carriers like T-mobile to have this phone only be on their network. Similar to Iphone and at&t at first.

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Stronger graphical output, which ultimately leads to more third-party support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom