• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Ask Coral thread

Cephalobro

I kind of wanted to do something like this for a while. Basically, Coral is my Octoling character and original character at the same time. Don't be shy to ask him anything. Just keep in mind that he might not always be available to answer the questions, after all, he has a girlfriend and a brother in which he hangs out with, along with his girlfriend's sister.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

So... Since nobody has replied here, I'll ask him a few to get this started:

"So, how is it like to be someone whom others place great importance to?"

Coral: Well, it's kind of stressful in a way, to be the only one left who can continue your "bloodline" as you humans say. Luckily, I have a girlfriend who has said that she wants to have Octoling children in the future once she becomes my wife. But that future is still really far, we want to enjoy ink battles for a long time before the big changes in our lives. Her name is Kelp just in case you wanted to know.

"So, I heard your brother is interested in building weapons. Is there anything that could come out of this?"

Coral: Clam just considers this as a passion of his. This is why he applied for a job at Ammo Knights. I just go there to visit him to see if he's okay with being able to build a weapon with one limb. I kind of feel bad that an Octotrooper like him has to work twice as hard to put weapon parts together.

Cephalobro

"So how is Kelp like? Is she nice to you? Are there any complications with the relationship between you two that might arise?"

Coral: Wow, going a little deep on this one, but just as long as you don't demand I break up with her, I'm willing to answer. For the first answer, she is very dedicated to what she does and isn't afraid to rebel against any form of tyranny, she doesn't even let the power-hungry fools change her views, she's just that awesome. For the second answer, she is the nicest and kindest person I have ever met, she is like a hot chocolate with a marshmallow: warm and sweet, this isn't purely a praise either, she sometimes acts like a mother to me which I appreciate a lot because of my past. For the third answer, we both agree that complications are unavoidable, but we can work this out if we think of a solution that benefits both of us equally, we would inevitably share the burden of bills and responsibility, but given I already do that with Clam, it's not going to be that different.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Are there any other hobbies aside from Turf War that you like to do?"

Coral: Oh for sure! Video-games are one of them, Clam and I play lots of co-op games and try to beat them. Another potential one I could see is soccer, I hear General Anemone is interested in coaching a team, but I hope he doesn't use the military commander method because in this case, it's just a sport.

"So you have been to Splatsville before, what do you think of the place."

Coral: I didn't like it, for one, it's too hot and dry. Secondly, many more people there can be really rude, even to visitors, and finally, it's too crowded. I prefer Inkopolis if you ask me.

"What do you think about Ocean?"

Coral: She is a good friend, I don't talk to her that much when something is happening that needs to be solved. Some Inklings tend to view Octobombers as scary, but being an Octobomber herself proves that Octobombers aren't scary, can have friends, and acquire happiness. Heck, she is even dating my brother!

Cephalobro

"So you have mentioned a general, do you know him?"

Coral: Know him? Heck, I used to be part of his army, but now he puts me as an agent just like what a secret Splatoon whose name I will not tell for confidential reasons. Well, he sometimes put Kelp and me to guard shipments of supplies going in and out of the neighborhood.

"Who is that Octoling sniper who seems to be guarding the gates to your neighborhood?"

Coral: Oh yeah, that's Shark. He is very dedicated at keeping criminals away from the neighborhood. However, he does spends time with his wife when he's off duty.

Cephalobro

"What do you think of humans?"

Coral: It's hard to say, no one was smart enough to record what humans did in the past except maybe humans themselves. We evolved from a water-dwelling species after all, so how could our ancestors even have been able to observe a species that lived on land? But after I saw some of the proven stories about humans, I can see that humans typically had the wrong priorities until the damage was done. Preventing the undesirable result is much better than trying to fix it as sometimes, those results can't be fixed.

"How would you react towards a human?"

Coral: It depends, if they wanted to eat me then I would either attack or run away. If they just wanted to hug me, then I would accept just as long as they don't squeeze too hard. It's normal to have self-preservation instincts, especially when you don't know who or what you're dealing with.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"Have you made a full team of squads?"

Coral: I haven't, I have made an ink battle duo with my girlfriend. I'm a guy who has other things that need to juggle at the moment like when to visit my Octotrooper brother or my Octobomber friend. My girlfriend and I form a duo because we are literately a power couple, our combined skills allowed us to overcome odds that were impossible otherwise.

"So, what was the war underground like?"

Coral: Getting a little personal, aren't we? Well, as long as you're not going to send us back underground, then I'm willing to answer. It was a depressing time, every day, I woke up to the same screens around the walls of the cave. There was a brief relief when I had the opportunity to work for Grizzco during my break, but I wasn't allowed to leave for Inkopolis even though the doors were open right there. I'll probably stop right here before things get too personal.

Cephalobro

"How did you and Kelp meet?"

Coral: We were put in the same army fighting against DJ Octavio's own Crimson Octarian army and just like our enemy, the army that Kelp and I were part of was comprised of many different Octarian subspecies, except that, they were Ringed Octarians. It happened one fateful day, my brother and I was on a mission to find the final bus needed to complete a nomadic base so General Anemone's army, which is the aforementioned army fighting against DJ Octavio, could have a safe place to stay while also having the same place move to tactical locations when needed. The floor was wet not with ink but with water, so it was extra dangerous. There I saw, a cute girl who would become my girlfriend, she was desperate as she was surrounded by Octolings who worked for the enemy, about to be splatted.

"So what happened after that?"

Coral: My brother and I coordinated an attack on the enemy group to save that Octoling. A Crimson Octoling who used to work with the enemy who is now against them would come into the picture and actually help us. So with our efforts combined, we managed to save the Ringed Octoling that became my girlfriend.

"Is that how the relationship started?"

Coral: Not entirely, I wasn't interested in her initially, but she had a crush on me. I didn't realize it at that time, but she wouldn't stop staring at me when we continued our search for the bus. Heck, she even hugged my arm immediately after she got up. Once the four of us finally reached our destination, we had to battle more of the enemy to claim that final needed bus. We managed to steal the key from one of them and managed to find the bus, returning to our General with it. Once we got there, Anemone had a whole speech about fighting through the hard times even when we were at a numbers disadvantage at the time and giving us directions on how we could be able to turn the tide of the war in our favor, he handed us uniforms that made Octolings look attractive enough to form romantic relationships with other Octolings, and yes, that even affected Kelp and me.

This was Anemone's intent all along, he told everyone once we finally reached the surface. Anyways, I was originally going to share a room with Clam, but General Anemone decided that Clam shares a room with the defected Crimson Octoling to make sure he isn't a spy. So I instead had to share a room with Kelp. Once we got to our room, Kelp and I decided to try out the uniforms.

"If I may interject, what did the uniforms look like?"

Coral: It had a different appearance depending on the sex but both versions were actually armor. Guys had the entire front of the armor open, showing their entire front, including the chest, but they had the option to close it a little, while girls had their armor show their midriff. Now you know how it made us Octoling soldiers attractive.

"You may continue with how you and Kelp became a couple."

Coral: So as I mentioned before, Kelp and I tried out our uniforms looking away as a respect to our privacy. I tried out my armor first and Kelp speeded towards me where she put her hand on my chest, I could tell her heart rate was fast. Before she could faint, she tried out her armor. When I looked after she put her armor on, I felt my own hearts beat faster. At the time, I haven't felt this way before, then I realized very soon: I was in love. So I asked her to be my girlfriend, I was scared that she would say no but before that thought continued on, she agreed with a lot of enthusiasm. The first thing we did as a couple was kiss. Our first kiss wasn't the typical quick kiss, we actually made out without realizing the door to our room was open. Clam and the Crimson Octoling saw everything, regardless, Kelp didn't take her hands off my shoulder and I didn't take my hands off her waist either. Clam and the Crimson Octoling left to give us more privacy, but not before closing the door.

And that's the story of how Kelp became my girlfriend.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

"It's a known fact that Octarians aren't able to swim in the water, is that correct?"

Coral: That's true, we can't swim in the water. When we evolved long ago, our biology changed majorly, while some were kept like more than one heart or no bones, many other biological features were changed to accommodate the fact that we can only live on land. I heard Inklings had the same problems of not being able to swim in the water.

"So, is there a solution to the problem?"

Coral: Actually, I remember some Octarians were experimenting with clear ink, they discovered that anybody regardless of ink color is able to swim safely inside of it. So I think there is a solution to this problem, now they are testing if it's safe to stay for longer periods of time and also testing tolerable temperature levels where it wouldn't compromise any of our biological features. And who knows, it may be safe for Inklings to swim in it too.

Splatoonlover1

Inkling
Hey, Coral, how long or why has that glasses-wearing Octocopter learned to be able to translate the ancient languages?

Cephalobro

Hey, Coral, how long or why has that glasses-wearing Octocopter learned to be able to translate the ancient languages?
Coral: He really liked studying languages created by humans. Plus, in the off chance a human might pay us a visit, it's good to keep a clear communication so problems can be avoided.

Cephalobro

If you guys get an invitation to smash, we'll probably see humans there! Hey Coral, how do you get an invitation to smash?
Coral: Smash invitations are something I don't know much about, only that a girl with orange tentacles and a guy with blue tentacles got one. But if I had to guess, you have to originate in a video game to get a Smash invitation. That's what I kept hearing from historians and translators alike deciphered what humans said about Smash. It really brings our world into question when two Inklings got Smash invitations. I don't know what kind of participants have been invited, but if it really has a diverse group, then I guess there could be humans in that group as well.

Last edited:

frankus

Banned (6 points)
Coral, another question. What do you think of bicycles with bumpers as weapons in battle? A cyclist would have a weapon like a nozzle gun mounted on to the handlebar of their bike.

Cephalobro

Coral: For your first question I would get him stuck in my own ink before delivering many hits. For your second question, I don't know, but I don't think it's fair to have it in a Turf War match. However, it could be a good idea for another ink-related sport that use bikes. I don't know whether it exists or not as I have only been on the surface for a few weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom