• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Backloggers Anonymous

G

girigiriHERO

Time to come clean with your dirty little secrets. A lot of gamers buy TONS of games they never get around to for one reason or another, how about we share some of our collections? PLEASE DO NOT POST STEAM COLLECTIONS! Steam sales are ridiculous and would make a mini novel in itself, so how about we keep this to non-master race gaming?

I'll start with my DS/3DS collection

Games completed (100% or main story): Picross 3D, Dragon Quest VI, Dragon Quest IX, Animal Crossing (subjective), Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX, Kirby Triple Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D Land

completed 10

Games unfinished, but played: Bravely Default, Bravely Second End Layer, Code Name STEAM, Conception II, Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates Birthright/Fates Conquest, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Kingdom Hearts DDD, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Mario Golf World Tour, Mario and Luigi Dream Team/Paper Jam, Megaman Legacy Collection, Persona Q, Pokemon X, Professor Layton x Phoenix Wright, Project x Zone 1/2, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Yoshi's New Island, Dragon Quest Monster 2 Joker

unfinished 24

percentage completed: 34%

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon I only play during October, so that will be finished soon, Mario and Luigi Dream Team I only played on the train in Japan...don't know why, but I spent countless hours doing so, so it's a yearly thing, and technically I have beaten Megaman Legacy Collection since I've beaten all the original NES versions and the entire GCN collection.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
Gosh, am i guilty of starting games and never getting around them or loosing interrest super quick--

Game i didn't complet yet/Didn't start yet/Has project on them but never finished said project;
Lunar Dragon Song(DS), Pokemon Pearl(DS), Pokemon Emerald ver(GB), Pokemon LeafGreen ver(GB), Harvest Moon tToTT(DS), Story of seasons(3DS), Harvest Moon Animal Parade(Wii), Muramasa The Demon Blade(Wii), Super Smash Brawl(Wii), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles EoT(Wii), Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles(GC), Sonic Adventure 3 Battle(GC), Pikmin 2(Wii), Rune Factory 4(3DS), Twilight Princess HD(WiiU)

Game i consider finished/finished;
Fire Emblem FATE(3DS), Pokemon X(3DS), Pokemon Noire(DS), Pokemon Alpha Sapphire(3DS), Super Smash Bros(3DS), Super Smash Bros(WiiU), Splatoon(WiiU), My Fashion Studio(DS), Little Pet Shop City Friends(DS), Just Dance 2(Wii)

If i ever get more, i'll def add them in //chuckles/

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Plenty of games have I, that I've started and have yet to finish. Those being:
  • Halo 3: ODST (Which is a shame, because I'm almost done with it if memory serves.)
  • L.A. Noire (At this point, I'm better off either selling the game or starting over, it's been so damn long since I touched it.)
  • Earthbound (Goddamn Master Belch is a pain to take down, gonna have to grind before I get anywhere.)
  • Donkey Kong Country 1 (I just plain don't like this game; so much for planning to get DKC Returns...)
  • Banjo-Tooie (Methinks I've reached the point where I need a guide to finish the thing, it's so big.)
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (In the sense that I haven't unlocked the final path/level.)
  • Mega Man 2 (And all the other games included in the Anniversary Collection bar the first.)
Technically I could add Pokémon Blue/Platinum, Super Mario Galaxy 1, Pikmin 2, and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath to this list. But as those are reruns of games I've already played, I'm not sure they count.

G

girigiriHERO

• Halo 3: ODST (Which is a shame, because I'm almost done with it if memory serves.)
  • L.A. Noire (At this point, I'm better off either selling the game or starting over, it's been so damn long since I touched it.)
  • Earthbound (Goddamn Master Belch is a pain to take down, gonna have to grind before I get anywhere.)
  • Donkey Kong Country 1 (I just plain don't like this game; so much for planning to get DKC Returns...)
  • Banjo-Tooie (Methinks I've reached the point where I need a guide to finish the thing, it's so big.)
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (In the sense that I haven't unlocked the final path/level.)
  • Mega Man 2 (And all the other games included in the Anniversary Collection bar the first.)
Technically I could add Pokémon Blue/Platinum, Super Mario Galaxy 1, Pikmin 2, and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath to this list. But as those are reruns of games I've already played, I'm not sure they count.
if it's just a remaster or release, naw, I wouldn't count it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Most of my Wii U games. Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, all fine games that I can't be bothered to load up for some reason.

And discounting Steam kinda means you don't want to hear from PC gamers :P ROOD

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Part of me wants to include numerous demos (any platform) that I have yet to finish or play again to make a purchase decision.

And since I'm too embarrassed (or don't feel like doing the typing) to share my backlog, I'll just I'm right now I'm focusing on finishing AT LEAST Pushmo and LoZ Twilight Princess Picross by the end of the month.

I will tame this backlog! Or add to it...

G

girigiriHERO

Most of my Wii U games. Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Yoshi's Woolly World, Kirby Rainbow Curse, Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, all fine games that I can't be bothered to load up for some reason.

And discounting Steam kinda means you don't want to hear from PC gamers :p ROOD
If Wii U games cost $1.00 I would discount them too from the convo, most people buy Steam games just 'cause haha

I beat TMS#FE, SM3DW, Captain Toad and most of my Wii U games. Oddly enough those are the ones I give the most priority too because they are so addictive.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If Wii U games cost $1.00 I would discount them too from the convo, most people buy Steam games just 'cause haha

I beat TMS#FE, SM3DW, Captain Toad and most of my Wii U games. Oddly enough those are the ones I give the most priority too because they are so addictive.
Just to be pointlessly nitpicky, most Steam titles aren't a dollar even during the nutso sales, unless they are small-time or years old :P But yeah, I hear you.

I dunno! My Wii U just doesn't grab me since Splatoon went kaput. I mostly play on the PC and handhelds. I don't have much to share here cause with any given game I either A, lose interest for whatever reason early on, B, get fed up with the game's problems and stop playing forever, or C, obsessively marathon the game to completion. The Nintendo games are the most notable cause those are the highest quality titles that I am foolishly ignoring :P

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
Master Belch can only be taken down if you use the fly honey on him. Otherwise I believe he's invincible.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Master Belch can only be taken down if you use the fly honey on him. Otherwise I believe he's invincible.
Not so much invincible, more that he heals fully after every turn. It's technically (emphasis: technically) possible to take him down without the fly honey if you can do enough concentrated damage in one turn.

G

girigiriHERO

Just to be pointlessly nitpicky, most Steam titles aren't a dollar even during the nutso sales, unless they are small-time or years old :p But yeah, I hear you.

I dunno! My Wii U just doesn't grab me since Splatoon went kaput. I mostly play on the PC and handhelds. I don't have much to share here cause with any given game I either A, lose interest for whatever reason early on, B, get fed up with the game's problems and stop playing forever, or C, obsessively marathon the game to completion. The Nintendo games are the most notable cause those are the highest quality titles that I am foolishly ignoring :p
What kind of problems make you quit? I personally hate RNG with a passion (hence why in the end I used SplatHax for my gear). I know there are common RNG problems with a lot of mobile games that literally make certain stages impossible to pass unless you are very lucky and/or force you to pay, but I'm not sure what would make me quit a console game as that's not as big an issue.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
What kind of problems make you quit? I personally hate RNG with a passion (hence why in the end I used SplatHax for my gear). I know there are common RNG problems with a lot of mobile games that literally make certain stages impossible to pass unless you are very lucky and/or force you to pay, but I'm not sure what would make me quit a console game as that's not as big an issue.
Slow, plodding starts immediately come to mind, and by extension poor pacing. Time becomes more valuable the older you are. I can understand and appreciate titles that build up over time, but if a game fails to grab me within the first few hours then I'm probably not getting much further. I don't play "free" games with slowed progression for people who don't pay because of that same reason, marching towards the eternal void of death is a cost in itself that not many seem to realize.

RNG can definitely be one of them. Most console and handheld games aren't as abusive as the mobile market, but there's still plenty of games that are just too much in that regard. the Denpa Men series on the 3DS, for example. Want to 100% complete your item collection or gather very powerful equipment for the silly PVP arena? Better hunt down monsters with a 0.000001% drop rate (not exaggerating) and/or start combining gear by the truckload in the hopes of getting what you want! I enjoyed those games but that way lies madness.

G

girigiriHERO

Slow, plodding starts immediately come to mind, and by extension poor pacing. Time becomes more valuable the older you are. I can understand and appreciate titles that build up over time, but if a game fails to grab me within the first few hours then I'm probably not getting much further. I don't play "free" games with slowed progression for people who don't pay because of that same reason, marching towards the eternal void of death is a cost in itself that not many seem to realize.

RNG can definitely be one of them. Most console and handheld games aren't as abusive as the mobile market, but there's still plenty of games that are just too much in that regard. the Denpa Men series on the 3DS, for example. Want to 100% complete your item collection or gather very powerful equipment for the silly PVP arena? Better hunt down monsters with a 0.000001% drop rate (not exaggerating) and/or start combining gear by the truckload in the hopes of getting what you want! I enjoyed those games but that way lies madness.
I can understand RNG to an extent, but the way mobile handles it is akin to buy a weapon on an RPG with 100 attack, but there is still a chance to do 1 dmg regardless. I'm very glad I never got in to Denpa. I agree with pacing though, even if the game is decent it has to be exceptional to stop me from moving on. Give your time to TMS#FE, it's worth it 100%.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I can understand RNG to an extent, but the way mobile handles it is akin to buy a weapon on an RPG with 100 attack, but there is still a chance to do 1 dmg regardless. I'm very glad I never got in to Denpa. I agree with pacing though, even if the game is decent it has to be exceptional to stop me from moving on. Give your time to TMS#FE, it's worth it 100%.
I will get back to that game eventually, cause Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocalypse just came out and that version of Tokyo's proving more intriguing currently :P

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Never finished Fire Emblem Fates, or any of the Bioshock games, or like 70% of my Steam library.

There's an entire new level of procrastination when you procrastinate on doing things you actually want to do. Heh.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I love to play paper Mario sticker star, but I cant get past the part with the volcano, and snow... I am considering giving up... though I don't want to. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom