• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Banning Weapons or Maps?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Do you think there will be any weapons or maps banned in competitive Splatoon? I don't think there would be, but imbalance can happen in any game (especially from Nintendo). If stages or weapons or etc; being banned is likely, which do you think would be banned? I don't like the idea of banning anything if not completely necessary, but you never know.

Raethien

Inkster Jr.
I think they may ban like lets say, only one person can have this type of weapon. Or possibly, they may make it where you don't wear any items, so every squid will be exactly the same.

Lyn

Premium
I think they may ban like lets say, only one person can have this type of weapon. Or possibly, they may make it where you don't wear any items, so every squid will be exactly the same.
That is possible, and I'd think that would work for certain tournaments! The more variety in competition, the better I think.

Lyn

Premium
I think that banning stages wouldn't be too good, they don't really have anything so far that is completely broken. Same for weapons.
Hopefully we can all agree on that.

Well if this game gets balance patching it won't be needed it but gotta let the meta develop to find out.
Let's hope they do keep it updated after release.

Lyn

Premium
Banning anything would be psycho unless it was like specials weapons altogether or something which wouldn't be a good idea either. This isn't smash bros people...
It doesn't have to be Smash Bros. to be unbalanced, this kind of things happens in shooters often.

Detta

Inkling
NNID
Dettadeus
I think it would be better to have limitations rather than outright bans, like having a limit on the number of people who can be using the same weapon per team. If one weapon is somewhat overpowered, then one person on each team can have access to it while the other three are able to work around it.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Well, 4 members per team is not THAT much so if a team decides to pick only one kind of weapon (for example the paint roller), they have no actual ranged combad outside of grenades and paint bombs. It might be that a team going for only one or two kind of weapons could limit them more than actually be a working stradegy :P of course all this needs to be tested and experienced in the acutal game. Theorycrafting the tactics and balance is pretty hollow even though holding back is gonna do no good either!

I hear they will be making certain weapons have certain secondary weapons or whatever, to prevent Overpowered Setups.
If that's the case, great.

It's possible for your entire team to have the same setup as you and that can lead to a disadvantage.

I'd appreciate an ingame setup swap during the match.

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
Maybe a ban on equipment if perks end up imbalanced. Which would totally suck. I want to look cool while inking on the battlefield :(

#sacrificesmustbemade

Lyn

Premium
Maybe a ban on equipment if perks end up imbalanced. Which would totally suck. I want to look cool while inking on the battlefield :(

#sacrificesmustbemade
Isn't equipment just cosmetic? I hope so.

Icedise

The Savage Squid
NNID
IceDise
Isn't equipment just cosmetic? I hope so.
No, its totally not cosmetic. Certain equipment gives you different starts (like running speed, swimming speed, ink reloadtime, etc.) and you need to level up the equipment to unlock more and stronger bonuses. It's one core element in the multiplayer to have different kind of combinations of equipment.

EDIT: Just to clarify with an example: http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/108936778189/new-report-weve-learned-that-headgear-clothing

Lyn

Premium
No, its totally not cosmetic. Certain equipment gives you different starts (like running speed, swimming speed, ink reloadtime, etc.) and you need to level up the equipment to unlock more and stronger bonuses. It's one core element in the multiplayer to have different kind of combinations of equipment.
That.. bothers me. I think that will be banned, likely. It doesn't seem very balanced.

EDIT: Just to clarify with an example: http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/108936778189/new-report-weve-learned-that-headgear-clothing
I feel like there's no point in having different clothing if it's gonna have stats, I'd like for them to have a cosmetic menu where you can get the same clothes but they won't have the stats.

Reactions: Lyn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom