• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Basic Guide and Loadouts - Krak-On Splat Roller

Basic Guide and Loadouts - Krak-On Splat Roller

kiwi_tea

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kiwi_tea
kiwi_tea submitted a new guide:

Basic Guide and Loadouts - Krak-On Splat Roller - Suggestions for using the Krak-On Splat Roller and possible gear loadouts.

Overview

The Krak-On Splat Roller (henceforth KOSR) has quickly gained a reputation as overpowered and/or easy to play with. The KOSR's features mesh really well together. Its incredible ink coverage builds its special meter quickly, its special - the Kraken - counters the vulnerability that comes with use a roller, and also meshes extremely well with its sub-weapon, the Squid Beakon.

Pros
  • - It is...
Read more about this guide...

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Post-Nerf on Ninja Squid, the Kraken, Stealth Jump, and Ink Resistance; how much of this guide would you say is still valid?

Katastrphik

Full Squid
NNID
allidactyl
I disagree. I haven't had to switch up my abilities and play just as aggressive as before, with the same results.

• Any amount of Ink Resistance is a good amount for a roller. Trying to go back and play without it on makes that extremely evident.
  • The Ninja Squid nerf isn't that bad honestly. It also only hurts over long distances. So focus on better beacon placement to get back into the action, rather than long swims.
  • Kraken is still an amazing special for any close range weapon. The only difference I've seen is in the cases where you burn it right in someones face right before you would have got splatted. In which case, you can try and intimidate them away, or ignore put the Kraken to better use.
Krak-on can still be an anchor/defender/aggressor. You can still lay down big splat strings, with the roller itself, or the Kraken. And you can for sure continue to be very obnoxious for the enemy team to deal with.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
-cough-
Just keeping this in the loop as well as still at least overlooking it a little, you never know.~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom