• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Berry Splattershot Pro Post-Release Thoughts/Discusssion

Amaya

Inkling
NNID
SonicPro
The Berry Splattershot Pro in my opinion is the leading force in Tower Control right now. It's kit is Suction Bomb with a Bomb Rush Special, and honestly this weapon is amazing, if not a tad overpowered. It does need some skill to use it properly but even with that I have been getting numerous kills with this weapon even for my skill level as an A+. I think with Ink Saver Subs, Ink Recovery Ups, and Special Duratation Up (and/or Inkling Speed up), this will be a force to be reckoned with.

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
I run :ability_inksavermain::ability_swimspeed::ability_inkrecovery: for the berry. :ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery: Because the berry consumes a lot of ink and :ability_swimspeed:so I have good mobility. I haven't had the chance to use this weapon for tower control yet, but I can say it is a great weapon for zones and rainmaker.

Amaya

Inkling
NNID
SonicPro
I run :ability_inksavermain::ability_swimspeed::ability_inkrecovery: for the berry. :ability_inksavermain::ability_inkrecovery: Because the berry consumes a lot of ink and :ability_swimspeed:so I have good mobility. I haven't had the chance to use this weapon for tower control yet, but I can say it is a great weapon for zones and rainmaker.
Swim Speed is good for pretty much any weapon, but since your inkling mobility is less than the Splattershot, I'd say have Inkling Speed Up in the back burner. I had Ink Recovery Up in mind for this weapon due to the ink consumption of the weapon.

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
I would use :ability_runspeed: but I also have :ability_ninjasquid:, so I need :ability_swimspeed: to balance it all out. Currently for the BSP I run:
  • Soccer Headband/:ability_tenacity:/:ability_inkrecovery:/:ability_inkrecovery:/:ability_inkrecovery:;
  • :clothes_plo000:/:ability_ninjasquid:/:ability_inksavermain:/:ability_inksavermain:/:ability_quicksuperjump: (trying to get a third :ability_inksavermain:); and
  • :shoes_shi005:/:ability_inkresistance:/:ability_swimspeed:/:ability_swimspeed:/:ability_swimspeed:
Which has been working wonders for me so far. I'll have to see if I can't get :shoes_bot003:and try that setup with three :ability_runspeed:s.

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
Swim Speed is good for pretty much any weapon, but since your inkling mobility is less than the Splattershot, I'd say have Inkling Speed Up in the back burner. I had Ink Recovery Up in mind for this weapon due to the ink consumption of the weapon.
I don't think :ability_runspeed:makes a difference to the weapon's terrible run speed, so I find it's more useful to use :ability_swimspeed:since that's the form I'll be in most of the time. I only shoot when I need to ink a path, splat someone or take control of a zone/tower/rainmaker. I ink a short and narrow path ahead of me, then I swim through to it's end and ink another one. This strategy works well because the bad run speed and ink efficiency don't hinder me as much.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I'm considering to pick it up very soon as well once I have clear confirmation that this weapon's accuracy is on the same level as the Jet Squelcher's or even above it (which I doubt, sadly).

Since I've had my time with the Forge Splattershot Pro back then and the ink usage hasn't changed, at absolute least one main ability of :ability_inksavermain: is a must-have. This is the kind of weapon where I would still recommend :ability_inkrecovery:, especially due to the additional massive ink usage coming from the suction bombs, but :ability_inksavermain: is a safer bet and should have more priority in this case. The gear I use for this weapon is made up of:
:ability_inksavermain:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_defenseup::ability_inkrecovery: (The :ability_defenseup:was not an intentional roll)
:ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage:
:ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksaversub: or :ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

I would not recommend as many :ability_inkrecovery: as I use them, though. And whether I use :ability_damage:instead of Ink Saver highly depends on the ranked mode played.

The_Devious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
The_Devious97
Now that I've had a lot of experience playing tower control with the berry, I'm going to say that it's amazing for tower control. I love throwing a :suctionbomb:from the distance onto the tower and :bombrushsuctionbomb: makes it so that someone can't avoid a suction bomb and still be on the tower. :suctionbomb: are also good to leave behind when you know you are going to have an unavoidable death

ぇぃぇ

Inkling
NNID
LowKey123
Use suction bombs for controlling an area and controlling your opponent's movements. Use the rush for getting map control easily and quickly, wiping out opponents and clearing the tower.

My main two builds:
A hat with pure ink saver main: Ink saver main is a MUST with any splattershot pro.

The basketball away jersey (Ink saver sub) with 3x swim speed
Red hi-tops with 3x swim speed.

Honestly I find ninja squid more of a hindrance since you need like 2 mains and 6 subs of swim speed to even get back to the normal swimming speed. You can use clever tactics and movement to tame any Kraken. Since this weapon already has trash mobility, it doesn't make sense to ruin the positioning and movement further. This weapon is an ink guzzler, and using both ink saver main and ink saver sub helps you keep your ink tank high.

Damage up only does something if the opponent is in ink without ink res or defence up and has already taken the damage from that to be 2-shotted. Pretty rare scenario, not worth wasting precious slots over. It also does some buffing to the splash damage, but it's nothing crazy.

My other build, focused on mobility, is :
The same pure hat
A shirt with pure swim speed
Red hi-tops with 3x swim speed.

Both of these sets are great and have given me success in high rank quads and solo.

Amaya

Inkling
NNID
SonicPro
Been really liking this weapon a lot. I also updated my build for it:

2 mains of Ink Saver Main because of the ink it uses up. You could run 1, but I run 2 to feel confident about having ink in the tank.
2 mains of Damage Up because with this, a 2-shot is very possible as long as your opponent steps in your ink for a short moment.
1 main Swim Speed for mobility
Ink Resistance Up for mobility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom