• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Berry Splattershot Pro recs?

dylan_not_bob

Stardust Crusquider
Wondering what builds/stats you guys use for the BSP. I'm thinking of going 3 main ink saver main, 3 ink saver main subs, 3 ink recovery subs and 3 bomb range subs

Anyone have any other reccomendations, suggestions or thoughts?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Those are good builds for BSP. I would also recommend using Ink Saver Sub that way you can throw more bombs without depleting your ink tank and the BSP already has questionable ink consumption. Stacking more Bomb Range Up is good also since it could give you more range and you could throw a bomb, hide in your ink and repeat the process.

Defense up is optional as well but its a overall good ability for every weapon. Personally I don't need to use Ink Saver Main with the Splattershot Pros, I always watch my ink tank before I try to do anything. I would also recommend getting pure Ink Saver Main gear, that way you can already have 2 mains on one item and still will have more space for whatever mains/subs you'd like to use.

Gatsby

Pro Squid
Wondering what builds/stats you guys use for the BSP. I'm thinking of going 3 main ink saver main, 3 ink saver main subs, 3 ink recovery subs and 3 bomb range subs

Anyone have any other reccomendations, suggestions or thoughts?
If you run 2 mains 2 subs of damage up you will maximize the 2 shot potential doing 49.9 damage per shot allowing 2 hit kill potential if the opponent is slightly damaged.

I recommend some special charge as well.

My build is:

Head

Main:Special charge
Sub1:special charge
Sub2:special charge
Sub3:swim speed

Shirt

Main:damage
Sub3:special charge

Shoes

Sub1:damage
Sub2:damage
Sub3:swim speed.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I HAVE AN OPINION!
TAKE IT!
NO, YOU CAN'T REFUSE IT, YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT!
boosh

Coming from a massive history of destroying every squid that has tried to exist in Tower control with my trusted companion, the rapid blaster deco,
I HAS DUUUH SUH-LEW-SHEN

Tenacity, because I always seem to live for way too long when I play anything with the range of a pro or higher, meanwhile my frontt line teammates are busy dancing with death too keep those blasted carbon rollers off of me.

Sub Saver and/or ink *RECOVERY* (flerp derp) because I will just press the R button all game if you let me.

Damage up, because fighting three shot weapons with damage ups makes me saltier than snails that get caught by six-year-olds. (I haven't seen this on sploosh . . . yet >_>)

Ink saver main, if I feel like wearing that black layered squidforce shirt(it looks cool AND has dmg up)

Bomb range up can be ridiculously fun if you want to annoy the living kid out of any enemy squid sniper, but if you don't plan on doing this a lot, then go for something else.
Have fun using the custom rapid blaster =P

Last edited:

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Your build is *very* ink-oriented. I wouldn't recommend it because... It allows you to turf and shot a lot. Why is that bad? Because you will take the (very) bad habit of being always visible. By being a bit more restricted, you will be forced to aim better, move more, hide more, turf at the right times. Basically, forced to improve.

That being said the weapon needs ink. I surprised myself recently by being able to play it without any ink-related stuff, but you'll still be fine with 1 or 2 main of ink-things (recovery, main, sub... Depending of your style and what you want to achieve I guess, see PS, below). As it was said, if you put something around 2 main of damage, you'll kill faster in some situation. I do use that to go aggressive. It's totally playable for defense too.

I like using range up on some maps too, especially for the rush.

Don't forget most builds are possible anyway - the important thing is that your stuff allows you to do what you want to do.

For other ideas, I recommend watching a YouTube video from the DUDE where he shows several build he would use with the three versions:

PS: For instance, if you want to be able to throw a suction bomb, then throw another one when the first explode, then again and again, you'll need recovery (~2 main probably). If you're more the type that will run out of ink after throwing a bomb, because you want bomb+shots, ink saver main and sub will be better. If you're the type that wants to throw two bombs in a row, well, no choice but ink saver sub (a lot of them).

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
If you run 2 mains 2 subs of damage up you will maximize the 2 shot potential doing 49.9 damage per shot allowing 2 hit kill potential if the opponent is slightly damaged.

I recommend some special charge as well.

My build is:

Head

Main:Special charge
Sub3:swim speed

Shirt

Sub3:special charge

Shoes

Sub1:damage
Sub2:damage
Sub3:swim speed.
Really like your build, although I wouldn't use so much :ability_specialcharge: I do know that it works. I would try to fit in some (more) :ability_swimspeed: and :ability_bombrange: which goes really well with fast:bombrushsuctionbomb:. But from your build it looks like your a non-hacker (or maybe even scummer) so that's easier said than done.

Btw instead of typing abilities out all the way (Tenacity) you can also use the emoji's ( :ability_tenacity: )

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I use this, mostly because it's just a cool looking outfit. I really wanted to use my colorful headphones for something, so yeah. I use this build for the Squiffer too.

:head_hdp001: :ability_inksaversub: :ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_tel006: :ability_swimspeed: :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_slp000::ability_bombrange: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

(mine isn't actually perfect, except for the colorful headphones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom