• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Best Ability for Shooters

Nasch

Inkling
Hello guys,

I have just started to play splatoon and I understanf that some abilites are more importante to certain cenarios. I mostly use Tentatek and NZaper 85. So I want opinion for what I should use in my Gear for each map and each mode.

I know thats alot but It would really help me,

Txs

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
For those kinds of shooters, run speed up is always a great ability to have stacked a bit. So far having two mains (the large ability tied directly to the clothing) of run speed and a main of swim speed have really worked well for me. The sub abilities can be different based on what shooter you are using. You should experiment with what works for each weapon. Also note, that run speed does not work on all shooters. The Jet Squelcher and Splattershot Pro for example are not compatible with moving quicker while shooting since those weapons slow your movement while shooting.

I feel in this game they put a cap on how helpful stacking the same ability can be, so just putting on a ton of run speed looks to me less viable in this game, which I really appreciate. I could be wrong about this if someone has real data on stacking in Splatoon 2.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If you're using mid-range shooters, run speed/swim speed/bomb defense are all fine choices. Mobility is always important in this game, though maybe a bit more for weapons in that range.

Awful Sniper

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6241-3992-3906
I agree, I do think though that Main Power Up could work well too.
You may want to have for Blasters, Main Power Up, Swim Speed Up and Ink Saver Main
For Chargers, Maybe Quick Super Jump, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Saver Main, Sub Power Up, Tenacity and Respawn Punisher
Rollers, Ninja Squid, Sub Power Up, Swim Speed Up and Main Power Up (Special Power Up?)
For Brella type weapons, Ink Saver Main (For Sorella Brella and Splat Brella), Main Power Up and Object Shredder
Sloshers, Ink Saver Main (That's all that I can come up with)
Splatlings, Main Power Up, Run Speed Up and Quick Super Jump

Most of Dualies and Ink Brushes are similar to their counterparts; Shooter and Rollers
And Ink Recovery Up could work for all of them.

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
All shooters are different. But for the mid range ones (where you can place Tentatek Splattershot and N-Zap 85), some abilities are indeed more important than others : there is run speed and swim speed of course, but people tend to use quick respawn as well since most of the time, they will go on the offensive with these weapons and are not afraid to throw themselves down. But quick respawn suits Tentatek better than N-Zap.

For N-Zap however, you will want to stack some special charge up because ink armor is a very useful special for you and your team mates, and you'd want to use it as much as you can, but also at the right times it is needed.

Main power up is somehow useful on these weapons because it improves their precision (I believe more so on the splattershots and Gal 52).

Awful Sniper

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6241-3992-3906
For Some Weapons like 52.Gal You may want to use Special Power Up and Main Power Up Apparently there's RNG on the weapon according to Someone
Some weapons like Tentatek Splattershot and Splattershot doesn't need it at all (TS will increase the duration, allowing you to shoot more shots but makes you more vulnerable.
Jet Squelchers and maybe .96 Gals may want to use Tenacity incase their team is not doing well
Sploosh-O-Matic (My Favourite Weapons in the game) May want to stack Swim Speed Up, Run Speed Up and Ninja Squid, Sploosh-O-Matics using waits for their opponents to come.
Pssh... I'm S+ in every Mode but Clam Blitz S+7 in Rain Maker I Main:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom