• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Best ads for video games?

Did Genesis do what Nintendon't?

• Yep!

• Nope!

• ...What..?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leigh

Inkster Jr.
Post the *best advertisements for games that you've seen.
I'll start with a few:

*best meaning so good its bad and actually really good

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
So, I was a SEGA girl, grew up on the Genesis and later the Dreamcast (also a Turbo Graphix 16). Never owned an NES or SNES, but I have owned almost all the Nintendo handhelds. My first Nintendo home console was the N64, and I fondly remember the first Super Smash Bros commercial on TV. Don't remember any TV ads for SEGA but I do know that my local Best Buy, at the time, had a gaming area in 1993 with a huge statue of Sonic when Sonic 2 was big. Pretty sure they were pro-SEGA.

I have seen this though... I'm sure many others know of it.

Leigh

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, gotta love how SEGA just bashed Nintendo for like half the early 90's.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Yeah, but they really had to because the SNES was really popular and had some of the best games of all time on there.SEGA needed aggressive marketing just to compete. But really, this is also a bad thing because it spawned the first large console war with fanboys.

Leigh

Inkster Jr.
Yeah, but they really had to because the SNES was really popular and had some of the best games of all time on there.SEGA needed aggressive marketing just to compete. But really, this is also a bad thing because it spawned the first large console war with fanboys
You hit the nail on the head.

Leigh

Inkster Jr.
That may have been one of the most disturbing ads i have ever seen.

why

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom