• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Best Roller Post Patch Discussion

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
Multiple kills weren't that common to begin with, skilled players tend to avoid staying too close to each other and avoid the flick when they see you (definitely doable since the dynamo is super slow). I stopped getting consistent multiple kills once I reached rank S (pre-patch obviously).

D

Deleted Member

You can still get multiple kills with the Dynamo. That's the enemy's fault for being huddled together. The new change means you won't get kills from the very edge (aka undeserved kills).

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
As someone who loves using the dynamo, I honestly find the ink recovery nerf more annoying than the lower splat coverage. The middle is still pretty big, and although I miss a few splats every now and then. Even if you do get a half-damage shot, with good spacing you can go for an easier 2HKO. The ink recovery is annoying, but just loading :ability_inksavermain: helps tremendously.

I would still say the :wst_roller_heavy00: is the best, but then again, it is my second favorite weapon. Hard to get no bias.

Charlight

Meme Spy
That might work?
ZR -> jump -> land -> repeat

edit: in all seriousness though, it's more about getting a grip of splatoon movement mechanics and hence timing your flicks with your movement. give swim speed up a try.

Last edited:

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
You're good at the dynamo roller? Can you teach me some techniques please.
Just make sure to only jump and attack if no one can easily turn to you and gun you down (you are a very broad and slow target when attacking), you need to be especially carefully if the enemy team has a charger.

You should also practice doing 180 turns and going for precise shots, because in order to be a great Dynamo you need to be able to spin to win!

seakingtheonixpected

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kathrynmc92
Trust me. Not in S/S+ ranks. I've played hundreds of hours with the dynamo.
I'd say yeah for S+ probably, but in S I still get a lot of teams where they group themselves up in one area, which is just asking to be dynamo'd or Killer Wailed.

Filo ITA

Full Squid
NNID
FiloSNK
I've played more than you have I'm pretty sure. If you don't get multi kills that's on you.
I was not complaining, you know.

No need to be so rude. However, I'm not sure you've played more than me (not that is something important btw).

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
It is definitely possible to get multiple kills all at once or in quick succession with each other even after the patch. Of course, this is entirely dependent on the type of player using the roller and the type of player that you are facing. There are still many users who think the tactic of sticking together is the best option - which makes it much easier to get multiple kills. I've never been in the S ranks since I haven't been playing as long as others but I've seen videos... And being in the S/S+ ranks doesn't mean people always have the best ideas. ^.^"

It's also possible to get multiple kills or kills in quick succession depending on whether you use your roller offensively, defensively, or a combination of the two. Even after the patch, one could still get multiple kills if they play their roller right under the right circumstances. It's hard to say what those circumstances could ever be though since every match is ever changing with its players.

Nucleose

Inkster Jr.
NNID
KingNucleose
I've learned from the amount of people super jumping in terrible situations that S rank players are not by and far smarter at avoiding chain/group deaths haha. People still huddle up, and honestly it's not just about being smart as opposed to not, lack of being able to effectively communicate is a large part of it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom