• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

best weapon and stage for splat zones for splatoon 1 ( and splatoon 2 if you want)

cybersquid

Senior Squid
I like to use the kensa .52 gal due to the splash walls protecting the zone temporarily and because of the high damage output of the main weapon. Otherwises I just stick to rollers.

sudou

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0282-2843-0914
the tri-slosher can be a real steamroller in this mode,
specially paired with inkstorm.

otherwise, i love to use the old golden aerospray, but i'm weird.

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
FOR SPLATOON 1 NOT 2! What the $#^@& are you guys thinking?!!
Most of the time, people who post in the Splatoon 1 sections don't mean to. You using the correct section is a small miracle in and of itself, and since Squidboards isn't exactly bursting with activity you'll have to forgive people for assuming otherwise.

If you like the Dual Squelcher, try the Berry Splattershot Pro when you hit 20. It has better range and damage output, but a slower firing speed and worse ink efficiency. It's worth learning, though, and you'll want to use it for Suction Bomb Rush, since it's an incredibly powerful tool in Splat Zones. Until then, try out weapons that have Inkstrike or Bomb Rush as their special.

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
Most of the time, people who post in the Splatoon 1 sections don't mean to. You using the correct section is a small miracle in and of itself, and since Squidboards isn't exactly bursting with activity you'll have to forgive people for assuming otherwise.

If you like the Dual Squelcher, try the Berry Splattershot Pro when you hit 20. It has better range and damage output, but a slower firing speed and worse ink efficiency. It's worth learning, though, and you'll want to use it for Suction Bomb Rush, since it's an incredibly powerful tool in Splat Zones. Until then, try out weapons that have Inkstrike or Bomb Rush as their special.
what abnout subs? i forget to use them a lot, also which stages are easier to win splat zones on?

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
Basically any sub will do fine. Stages with a single zone tend to be easier to win.

Electro Splatling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Yoshismyboi
Try the heavy splatling for Splatoon 1, it works very well and is a good sniper as well as good for offense

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
In regards to the Heavy Splatling, the Remix tends to be the most viable with its Sprinkler and Wail. Vanilla Heavy is solid as well, but if you like the Deco, you might as well play Custom Jet Squelcher instead. It's the same basic concept but has an actually useful sub weapon.

A charged Heavy is the best weapon in the game, and you'll have no problems both painting and killing. Make sure to stay back and elevated in comparison to the rest of your team. If you get rushed by something like a Ttek, you'll be at a disadvantage. Unlike most of its contemporaries (Chargers and Jet Squelcher) Splatlings aren't immediately dead if they have to fight up close.

A mistake I see a lot with new Splatling players is utilizing half charges. When you hold ZR on a Splatling, 2 rings charge. When the first ring is fully charged, your shots will hit their full range. The 2nd ring only dictates how long the weapon will shoot before it stops and you have to charge it again. This means that full charging is usually not required. I recommend NOT full charging when engaging an enemy Inkling.

Another big mistake I see is "turreting", which is when a long range player stands in one spot the entire game and doesn't push up with their team (let me know if you want to know more of that). Turreting players quickly become a detriment to their team and turn what would be a 4v4 match into a 3v4.

As for gear, Run Speed up is basically essential. Splatlings spend more time out of ink than any other weapon class, so you need to be mobile. I don't remember exactly how much Run Speed is good, but I'm sure someone will be able to tell you.

Remember not to die in zone.

Also, if you want to play sometime my NNID is under my profile pic. I don't know if you can even still add friends anymore. If you can, feel free.

sudou

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0282-2843-0914
i will be using tri slosher next
yeah, no need to be rude, man. the tri-slosher used to be an even more overpowered weapon in splatoon 1.

btw, how's the first game going? last time i tried playing it was swarming with japanese try-hards and disconnecting a lot.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
yeah, no need to be rude, man. the tri-slosher used to be an even more overpowered weapon in splatoon 1.

btw, how's the first game going? last time i tried playing it was swarming with japanese try-hards and disconnecting a lot.
Tri Slosher is certainly not overpowered, especially not in S1. The thing simply cannot engage a skilled opponent with equal/more range. A short range slayer weapon will kill Tri much faster than Tri can kill it, and a long range weapon will simply walk backwards. Tri Slosher is generally played more as a support weapon, but even then the Zink Mini Splatling shares its same kit but kills faster, moves faster, paints better, and has more range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom