• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Blaster Plan

Zeldark

Inkling
Sup bros? I'm a casual player but I enjoy having a plan and goal for the time that I do spend here. My favorite weapon in this game is the blaster and I've enjoyed the one shot one kill playstyle. I suspect with practice and increased accuracy and tactics I can rock this weapon.

I'm currently planning to acquire:
Ink Resistance Hat (Compensate for close quarters risk)
Ninja Shirt (get in close undetected)
Stealth Jump Shoes (return to the fray undetected)

Assuming I want to make a point to get good at the blaster, do these main abilities make sense or is there something clearly better? What are some recommended sub abilities to fill this out?

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Well, I would say that Comeback takes priority over Ink Res as Comeback is currently one of the best abilities for close ranged, aggro weapons such as the blaster. Ink Res also got nerfed unnecessarily from Splat 1, where you have to stack it to gain the same effect, although I do suppose you could incorporate some subs of it into another piece of gear as I do get the gist as to why you'd want it. Stealth jump is definitely a good choice for blaster, as well as some subs of Quick super jump to nullify the effect of it. As for Ninja squid, I personally don't know since I don't play blaster. I would also say some subs of Quick respawn, Swim speed, and at least one sub of Special saver. As I've stated earlier, I'm no blaster main but I'm pretty sure this is the bread and butter (and perhaps some other toppings) of main blaster abilities, I hope I was helpful. :)

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Stealth jump is definitely a good choice for blaster, as well as some subs of Quick super jump to nullify the effect of it.
I don’t play blaster but i just wanted to chime in and say that stealth jump doesn’t increase super jump time in splatoon 2! Quick super jump might still be good so there’s less time for someone nearby to spot you jumping in, but stealth jump has no more jump time penalty to compensate for the nerf it got.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I would be inclined to ditch the ninja squid in favor of a lot of swim speed, but I can see ninja squid working as well.

Reactions: the

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Swim speed is definitely something you want as a blaster player. So you can strafe / get in close and space appropriately.

This is just a must run for every blaster, since swimming is huge as a blaster player. Also, it helps your ninja squid out since you're slowed down while wearing it.

I wouldn't recommend ink resistance for a blaster, but if you're comfortable with it, it's not a big deal.

Quick respawn is great perk to run as well, as if you miss 1 or 2 shots, you're usually dead with a blaster. So being forgiven for missed shots / fights that don't go your way is great, especially paired up with comeback and stealth jump.

Speaking of comeback, you're going to wear it. It's too good to pass up. 3 subs of swim speed, run speed, special charge, ink saver sub, main, and ink recovery for 20 seconds upon respawning is a great deal for a blaster user, always in the fight and always trying to make some plays.

Other than that, special saver, quick super jump, and respawn punisher can work. But the core of Comeback / Swim Speed / Stealth Jump is what most blaster players prefer.

Just stay away from:
Thermal Ink (It doesn't work with the blaster)
Run speed up (You should be swimming way more than running)
Object Shredder (Your DPS is pretty sad, and there aren't many things for you to shred with it)
Cold-Blooded (The most situational perk in the game at this point)
Haunt (Extremely inconsistent / doesn't give your team any benefits)

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I would just run ISM/IRU instead of Comeback. You want to have your ink consumption in order anyway, and, your mileage may vary, but I tend to not die as often with Blasters as with most weapons, so the Comeback won't even happen that often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom