• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Blink and miss Splatoon tourney!

Do you think custom weapons are a good Idea for Splatoon?

• Yes. That would be a nice Idea

• No. Too much power to the players.

• Don't mid if it happens. Don't mind if it doesn't happen.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
A new Tourney with a competitive edge. Inking your way October 25

Blink and miss is a 32 team tournament.Every game is a BEST OUT OF 3 RANKED BATTLES MATCH. One game with Rainmaker, another with Tower control and the last with Splat zones. All 32 teams are put into 8 groups. Each consisting of 4 randomly picked teams. The top two teams with the cleanest win/loss ratio in the groups stage win the group stage.Now we are in the Semi-Finals The two winning teams in the groups have to play against each other. The losers of that match get eliminated. Later, we go into the Quarter finals. Followed by the finals. Who ever wins the best out of 3 wins the tournament. And the bragging rights.

Everything else will be Explained below.

Time and date
This Tourney will Start on Sunday October 25, 2015 at 12 PM EST/8 PM CEST.
Remember: You need to check in before you play in the tournament or else you automatically lose the tournament.

Registration
If you want to register just simply comment on this video. With your team Member names and NNIDs,and you will be qualified to participate in the tournament. If you don't have a team, go the Squid locator section. Here's a link http://squidboards.com/forums/squid-locator.35/ 4 teams from the same squad are allowed to join, But both teams need to name each other differently EX. SND SND2.

Divisions
If a lot of people try to join up I will make 4 tourneys for 4 different rank averages.
One for c- to c+ average teams.
The second for B- to B+ average teams.
The third for A- to A+ average teams.
And the Fourth for S- to S+ average teams.
As for now, no ranks will be regarded

Communication
Communication between your squad is completely optional although recommended.

Subs and Disconnects
Each team can have up to 2 Sub players to play. A sub can play if a player disconnects 3 times, or if a main player can't play the game.

Hosting
Both teams have to agree on whoever gets to host. If not it will be picked randomly.

That's it. If you have any further Questions, just ask.

Like I said, if you want to Enter, just comment on the video.

STAY FRESH!:)
:head_msk001:
:clothes_tes022:
:shoes_shi005:
EDIT: Here's the link to the tourney website http://challonge.com/Blinksplatoon
Stay Fresh!

Last edited:

shudder

Senior Squid
Squad name - The Squid Wranglers

shudder - christian1977 (captain)
jesse - mrcooleo
Raymond - finn35648
OMS - Jarobii

There might be more members added, I hope that's OK, thanks!

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
Registered teams:

1.The Squid Wranglers

Njok

Bouncer
We will sign up if you figure some stuff out. There is still too much details missing. For example, is it a 1 or 2 day event. I assume 1, but since it starts at 8 pm and is round robin + double elimination i am not too sure. Do you realize how long that will take with 32 entrants?

Also, i think you copied the formatting from other tournaments here. That is fine, because it's important to have good and clear formatting, but you have to reread it and edit it here and there. For example, it says right now that we can sign up by commenting on the video (from Nintendome tourney i guess). There is no video.

Communication should be about the communication between you (TO) and team captains. If you plan to do that through this thread, it's going to be a disaster.

4 different tournaments for different ranks is WAY too ambitious. In fact, i think even 32 entrants is too ambitious if you don't clear some things up.

Not attacking you by the way, just trying to help :)

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
Thanks Njok for the help on organizing the tourney. I may consider editing this with your tips in mind.:)

Demiose

Inky Surprise
NNID
iEndzone
So yeah, just as Njok said - this isn't really formatted as well as it could be

• Date: is the tourney going to be a day long or 2 days long?
  • Maps: Which maps are going to be played. Are we counterpicking smash style? What are the starting maps? You've skipped over literally the most important part of a tourney
  • Then there's the check in. Unless you want all teams to 'check in' on this thread the day the tourney starts (Which I would really not reccommend) where do you expect them to check in at? Wording could also be changed. 'Automatically lose the tournament' Could be changed to 'Disqualified'. It also isn't obvious whether or not this is single or double elimination. Also, you have quarter finals and semi finals mixed up
  • Registration: Once a team is signed up, can they add players later? Or are they stuck with the team they registered with. Is there a spreadsheet of some sort where players can see if their team is signed up correctly? 4 Teams from the same squad is also not a good idea imo. Assuming the groups will be arranged randomly - which they should, you could have a whole squad in one group - or even 'worse' have all 4 teams of the same squad in semi finals
  • As for divisions - if that goes through, it seems as if you're expecting the tourney to fill up with 128 teams. don't you think that's a bit ambitious, and with you as the only TO?
  • By communications.. It's supposed to be about how teams will communicate with each other and TO's. Where do we report scores? Where do we find the other team to go up against? And again, where do we check in. I reccomend you use Discord for this, and learn a bit on how to use the software
  • Subs. So a sub can play if someone DC's 3 times.. 2 subs and that's a max of 6 repeats of the same match, maybe even more since you didn't specify how many times you can DC before the match is given to the other team. You really need to look into this rule more, SCL and Messtival pretty much have this rule nailed down
  • Hosts, and randomly. How will they picked randomly exactly? By asking the TO? Again, unless you don't use software such as Discord, you'll have your notifications on SB flooded by the hundreds. How are you gonna sort through all this?
And finally, most of this is blatant copy and paste from other tourneys with no thought gone into what is being written down. I'm going to be blunt - if you want people to take this seriously, you need to study up a bit on how to host a tourney and improve your grammar and spelling. A huge event such as what you're planning shouldn't be created on a whim.

Scarlor

Full Squid
NNID
scarlor
Name:Team Kaxe
Leader Scarlor-scarlor
PurpZ-Shadow_Pig56
Mojo-JoeWings
BoYz-mr.splashman24
Sub
Aqua- denis225
This may not be the people who are going but this is it at the moment I will edit it if any changes

THATSAplusONE

Inkling
NNID
THATSA
I dont have a team but I do have that day off. If anybody needs an extra player or has a last minute cancel let me know!

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
Yeah you're right @Njok, this isn't happening. But if I will try and make another tournament because this one didn't have enough details

S€S

Inkling
NNID
SES454
Squad name:
Code Name: SquidBlast {Omega}

Members:
[SB]Shay. Nnid: Shay.Riel
[SB]inkboy. Voghteri000
[SB]Cirno. TheFlutterWonder
Shade sunikkus

There might be more members added, I hope that's OK, thanks![/QUOTE]

Pandapearfruit

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jchalla
To everybody who entered this tournament, I made another one. That one has far more details than this thread. The link is right here. You can register your team on challonge. It takes place on a Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom