• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Booyah Battle 2!

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker

HEY THERE, KIDS 'N' SQUIDS! A SPECIAL EVENT IS COMING BACK TO BOOYAH BASE, HELD BY HYPEST TOURNAMENTS AND /R/SPLATOON! ALL SQUIDS SEEKING FAME AND GLORY ARE NOW INVITED TO COMPETE IN A SPECIAL EVENT! THERE, THEY WILL DISPLAY THEIR SKILL, THEIR PROWESS, AND ABOVE ALL, THEIR TEAMWORK! THE WINNER SHALL BE REWARDED WITH PRAISE! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING AS WE REVEAL THE DETAILS OF THIS WONDROUS EVENT!

SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED

A SQUAD MUST CONSIST OF 3-8 PEOPLE, WHERE ONLY 4 PEOPLE FROM EACH SQUAD MAY PLAY! YES, THIS DOES MEAN YOU CAN COMPETE WITH A SQUAD OF ONLY 3 MEMBERS! PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE SIGNUP FORM CAREFULLY!

IF YOUR SQUAD IS NOT PRESENT FOR CHECK-IN, THEN WE WILL DISQUALIFY YOU!

BATTLE FORMAT WILL BE SPLIT BETWEEN 2 DIFFERENT STAGES

GROUP STAGE (DAY 1)

DOUBLE ELIMINATION UP TO THE TOP 8, BEST OF 5

BRACKET STAGE (DAY 2)

THE TOP 16, BEST OF 5
GRAND FINALS, BEST OF 7

FOR DETAILS ON THE RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR THE TOURNAMENT, PLEASE REFER TO THE RULES BELOW! DO NOTE THAT WE HAVE MADE SOME CHANGES TO THE RULESET SINCE THE LAST BOOYAH BATTLE, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU FAMILIARIZE YOURSELVES WITH THEM!

>>RULES<<

THE WINNING TEAM WILL RECEIVE ONE MONTH OF REDDIT GOLD EACH! FURTHERMORE, THE TEAMS PARTICIPATING WILL BE OFFICIALLY RANKED ON THE SUBREDDIT, SO SHOW YOUR BEST EFFORT!

FURTHER PRIZES WILL BE ANNOUNCED AS THE BOOYAH BATTLE APPROACHES!

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO THIS URGENT MESSAGE! PREPARE FOR THE BOOYAH BATTLE!

REDDIT POST [TBA]
Old Thread

Last edited:

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
I am definitely signing up Team QC this time! Watch out Squid Squad Spades!
Edit: When is this? I'm using a school computer which blocks reddit if it says it there.
Edit: nvm

Ultramus

Pro Squid
Hopefully we have our normal team this time, so unfortunately you may not see the reappearance of Squid Squad Jokers, or maybe you will, but it might be a totally different roster :p

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Alright guys, early signups are up! I'll be posting the reddit signups in a few days, but for now I'm gonna open signups early for you guys first.

Testing out the new sign-in form and scheduling, hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Zarkith

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zarkith
Will the signup form eventually be simplified to selecting your challonge team like in BB1?

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
So, what with several conversations, feedback, and testing, we are going to hold a final discussion on what the final ruleset will be. Because everyone is learning towards TO-selection, we are going to work on a variant of it that will decrease RNG factors as much as possible while making the process easier for all involved.

If you're interested in joining the conversation, join the /r/Splatoon discord chat and ask for one of the mods to add you to the backroom discussion area.

https://discord.gg/0TqOF4XGHJw70vCy

Drez

Pro Squid
NNID
neokrw
To be clear, two teams of four from one squad can enter then? Wording is confusing to me.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
Dates for this tournament? I'm assuming it's the 26-27th of September with the bottom banner right? Please let me know if I'm wrong as I'm putting down as such on the comp calendar.

Last edited:

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
@Kat right, 26th-27th of September.

@Drez basically, only 2 squads from a single team. We don't have a limit, more of a gentleman's agreement.

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Updated with ruleset and posted to /r/Splatoon as well.

I've also noticed that some teams have signed up via Form but NOT Challonge. For those who don't know, there is a second page that requires you to click to enter the challonge signup page!

Timber

Inkling
SQUIDpacalypse is looking for a new member for Booyah Battle 2. A blaster or roller would be nice, but open to anyone. Last time we placed top 16, and looking to push it further!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom